July 2018 Moms
Options

Treat Yo' Self 2018

2»

Re: Treat Yo' Self 2018

• Options
    @runsomewhere I agree it is definitely more than just mani/pedi and I hope this is a thread we can share all kinds of self care both short and long term ideas :)
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I feel like i don’t do enough self care. I don’t get much alone time aside from driving home from work. I don’t do baths (tend to get UTIs for some reason). Haven’t had a pedi for a while and get hair cut twice a year if I’m lucky. Treating myself is more like buying myself a cake or buying lunch (i bring food to work). I’m lucky if i get to take a quiet shower. I need to be better for sure but i hate the spending because Dh does enough of it for the family. I have been treating myself to maternity clothes and new shoes but that’s because I’ve had the same clothes and shoes for years!! The one religious thing i do get is VS underwear every year. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My self care today included me stepping away from my desk and actually enjoying lunch outside, which I never do. It was nice to enjoy some sunshine and I treated myself to a tofu poke bowl. Lol. Not the same as fish but it’ll do for now. 
  • Options
    I love a hot bath with a big glass (ok, bottle) of sparkling wine!  Since that's not currently in my wheelhouse, I also enjoy watching my shows at the end of the day (when I actually get to it) and snuggling in my super comfy bed (with clean sheets!) reading a good book.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel omg yes!! crawling into bed every night is the best!!! DH got us some really nice sheets when we moved into our house. I will never underestimate the power of great sheets ever again! 

• Options
    @WorkinWeezel and @lindsayleigh1989 Yes clean sheets! As far as I'm concerned, new/clean sheets are the second best thing to a brand new pair of socks! Maybe that's just me though! Lol

@krystlerr yay sunshine! It was nice here over the weekend for once, and had me itchy to get outside. But the rains are back :-(
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel yes! Clean sheets are the best! 

I found out my massage therapist is prenatal certified so I scheduled a massage for this Saturday! I’m so excited. I was also pumped to find out from my doc that I can still have a normal massage since I can still lay on my stomach as long as I just tell her I’m pregnant. (Prenatal massages at the spa I go to are more expensive for some reason). 
  • Options
    My best friend from Florida was here and stayed with us for a couple of days before visiting more family. I took a half day on Friday and we went shopping a bit, ate at whole foods (all the pasta salads are soooo yummy), got nails done, bought some stupidly expensive gummy candy and ended the night with a burger. I forgot she owed me $85 so she got me a new pair of leggings and the cutest t-shirt at Athleta.

I stopped shopping at those $$$ stores even though I get a discount as a fitness instructor because it's useless to get pants or bras that will soon be too small. But the pants were on sale and they are nice and thin so I can probably wear them a few months and then again after the babe! $33, couldn't say no! 

I spent morebmoney than I wanted on Friday but I really needed a day like this. And I decided for no polish on my toes so my toe nails can breathe and they already look sooooooooo much healthier after a good scrub!
  • Options
    @kissableviv that sounds like a fabulous weekend
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I did a thing!! I ordered my first fabfitfun box! it looks amazing and I even got to pick between the bigger options so that was super awesome!! I cannot wait to get it!! 

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 Not sure what that is but I also feel like I might need it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere its a seasonal subscription box that contains fitness products, wellness items, spa things, make up, jewlery and clothing accessories. So this one I get a ton of amazing things over 200 dollars worth for 39 bucks. I am so freaking excited hah

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 looks like I was correct and I do need it! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 ooh! Jealous! The fab fit fun boxes look so fun!
  • Options
    @runsomewherehttps://xo.fff.me/hHL4x
    use code winner for a discount!