• Loading the player...
  • @tumbleweed-2 Welcome aboard!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @tumbleweed-2 welcome back!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Hi!  I just intro-ed in “ttgp” but this may be a better fit?

Ages (you and SO):
    36 & 43

What brings you to BOTB?
    I’ve been wanting a 4th since before my 3rd was born 2.5 years ago.  In the last year, my husband has been a little more open to “maybe” and will occasionally be less careful (we have always used natural family planning methods).  He wavers between thinking he is too old and realizing how great our babies are and how happy I’d be with one (or two or three) more.

When will you start TTC?
    There is no answer to this.  Limbo forever!

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.)

I’ve been married for 10ish years and have three kids (first two are 14 months apart in age (5 and 6) and the poor straggler is almost 3 years younger than number 2).  Before I had my first, I never really thought I would want kids, but since then I’ve been in a perpetual...”just one more...”
    In addition to kids I have animals and a professional degree/career.

• @lechels796 welcome!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • DH and I just hit 30 and 31. We have a 5 y/o DD and our lives have just settled down enough for us to decide we’re finally ready for another LO. I’m hoping to start TTC within the next cycle or two but we haven’t made it official when I’m stopping my birth control yet. We’ve got two dogs who are really our children and a beautiful black cat that we rescued. DH works in a factory—getting ready to move to a different position with day hours and no weekends
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Me 27/DH 28 

Why am I hear? Good question....
     I’ve been lurking on here a while. I’ve had BOTB for a while now but kept putting it off due to PPD and meds I was taking for them. We just made the transition to TTC but I’m just feeling a little in limbo as to what board to join. I know so many ladies on the TTC board get really tired of fly bye posters and I’m afraid to start getting to know them only to leave quickly since this is my first cycle. At the same time I’m not sure I fit in here because we have made the transition into TTC. We are taking it pretty easy though. Not temping or anything yet because I just need to get some perimeters on my cycle since I really haven’t had a normal one for about 2.5 years now. Anyways this is long winded but I just needed a landing place to keep me sane while I wait it out and this is where I decided to snuggle in. Hope you all don’t mind. I’ll try to stick mostly to the TWW/WTO threads. 

About me: I’m a teacher, 1st grade. I love to be outdoors and camp/fish. I have a DD 2 in March. And even though I’m so excited to ttc and have been waiting for awhile I’m petrified of dealing with the PPD again but it’s hard to let go of my idea of having two babies. 
  • @JLaVO888 welcome! A lot of us, myself included even though I’m not ttc yet, frequent both boards.
  • @meggyme Thanks! I spent some time on there when ttc with DD (back in ‘15) but then was very fortunate to get KU right away and I felt so guilty for joining and then leaving so fast I guess I have the fear of it happening again. So I figured I’d lay lowing here, not that it wouldn’t sting for you guys as well. I’m an over thinker. Anyways it’s nice to have ladies to talk to. I loved my old BMB so I felt urge to get more involved on TB again. 
  • @JLaVO888 I was similar with my DD. I was in the board for 2 months before quietly leaving for my bmb. This time around I joined TTGP early to get to know everyone even though I only participate in the randoms. I’ve also noticed that some of the TTGP grads checking in had only been on the board a couple months.
  • JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited January 2018
    @meggyme yes I try to be so cautious with others’ feelings. I had planned to jump on here a little sooner but ttc has really not even been on my raider because of still dealing with my PPD and maybe more so the fear of it happening again because it has been getting better. Then DH and I had a long talk about it and I realized I really didn’t want dd1 to be going to kindergarten before the second one came and these two years flew by. So we very spontaneously jumped into ttc. The interesting thing is now that I got my IUD out the remaining bits of my PPD are kind of gone so now I’m wondering if it contributed. 
  • CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited January 2018
    @JLaVO888 were you in the March 16 BMB?? Your name is so familiar to me and I'm thinking that may be why!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 yes I’m on the fb group too. Addie is my LO. 
  • Ages (you and SO): I'm 30 and DH is 33
    What brings you to BOTB? We've decided we're ready to start trying but have to sort some stuff out first
    When will you start TTC? Hopefully in the next couple of months! I'm on some meds that have to be tapered off/changed to different alternatives before we can start trying. I just saw my neuro to switch my migraine preventative and I've got an appointment with my GP at the end of Feb. to discuss my anti-depressants. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be able to start trying by April. Which seems so far away at the moment lol.
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) We're both in writing jobs and have one super-spoiled dog named Tucker. I knit, so I anticipate any future baby will be very warm.

• @fantasyflyte welcome! FX all your meds are easy to adjust and you can get on with the TTC! Such an exciting time. With my first while I was waiting to be able to start trying I really felt like reading, reading, reading about cycles and what not helped the time go by a little more quickly. 
  • @fantasyflyte welcome! It sounds like there will be a handful of us starting to ttc around April. Hopefully you can taper/switch your meds easily.
  • Hello! 

Ages (you and SO): 26 (me) and 27 (H)

What brings you to BOTB?: We are not TTC yet but we definitely have BOTB and are currently trying to figure out how soon to begin that process.

When will you start TTC?: That is the million dollar question! As soon as this summer or as distantly as next summer- I'm going to jump into one of the chat threads to try to get more advice about this subject.

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.): Married for over three years, together for over nine years. No kids yet, but we have two cats and are going to be getting a puppy sometime this year. He's a dentist, I'm in marketing. Looking forward to having some good conversations on this board!
  • @the-most-happy welcome!
  • Hey all!

Ages (you and SO): I am 37, dh is 41

What brings you to BOTB? DH and I have been kicking around the idea of another baby, and finally decided to pursue it! Had Mirena removed yesterday.
    When will you start TTC? After my cycle returns (hopefully sooner than later)
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I’m a work from home mommy to a 2 1/2 year old son. I teach at an online private school, hubby works for the government. He has two sons from a previous marriage: 13, and 18! 

I am so excited to be on this journey again!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Welcome @TJtheGoat!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• edited March 2018
    Ages (you and SO): 28 and 34
    What brings you to BOTB? Hardcore baby fever!
    When will you start TTC? The original plan was the end of this year but my partner just started chemo so our plans are on hold. His treatment ends in June so we're hoping to be good to go next spring/summer. 
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.)
    We don't have any kids but we have a dog, Avery, and 2 cats, Chairman Meow and Peepers. I've had Avery for 9 years and Chairman Meow is technically my partner's cat but she loves me more. Peepers is our little handi-cat. She only has one eye and she is FIV+. 
    I currently work at a library as a historic preservation research assistant and two days a week I am an archaeology collections assistant at one of our local museums, which is what I got my degree in (hoping for a job offer this year). 
    I love food, knitting, reading and camping.
    Me: 28 Partner: 34
    Together since: 03/2012
    Dx: severe MFI
    TTC #1: On hold until chemo treatments are finished

• Hello, all! 

Ages (you and SO): Me - 32; DH - 33

What brings you to BOTB? I was super active on TB and TTGP before I had DD. I'm back now since DD is almost a year old and I'm starting to want to TFAS, but DH isn't quite ready yet. I'm trying to be respectful of his choice, but I'm struggling not to think of it 24/7. 

When will you start TTC? Not for *another year* at least! I'm estimating that we won't start until April 2019. Last time took a while to happen. I was dx with PCOS after a grueling year, fighting doctors to get that dx at all. 

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I have been a teacher for 7 years, 2 in private school, and 5 in a large, low-income district. I teach English to speakers of other languages (formally known as TESOL). I love my job, but it definitely has it's challenges. My husband and I got hitched in June of 2015 and welcomed our DD in April of 2017. I stopped BC several months before we got married and started charting after I read TCOYF and realized something was off. I had to fight with my doctors to accept that I did know my body and to get tests to check for PCOS. I finally had a plan and a diagnosis in April 2016 and we were so lucky to conceive with some help. On top of DD, we have a mini schnauzer, named Munch. I also love all things Doctor Who, Sherlock, and the BBC. 

Fair warning, I am incredibly awkward...but not on purpose... :# 

• @archaeo89 @mamawhovian welcome! It’s a little slow over here lately, but please jump into any of the threads.
  • Still learning this board posting stuff - hopefully this time it works right for me  :)

New to the TTC world - I'm high-risk starting out. I have Sturge-Weber syndrome Type I and have referrals to the local high-risk pre-natal care center. Planned C-section too. Fun times ahead. :#

Ages (you and SO): 32 and 34, respectively
    What brings you to BOTB? TTC is just beginning - seeking like-situational folks
    When will you start TTC? Started in Oct/Nov
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.): Trying for our first (and only); I work in Optometry/Opticianry. Love my job - been doing it for ~8 years; Have one fuzzyface woofer who is treated like our child. I enjoy creating/crafting things, watching movies, and spending time with my husband and dog.
    Ages: 32F & 34M
    no assistance atm - still too early
    need a playmate for the four-legged child  :D
  • DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme I've been around for awhile, but thanks! I just always forget about the intro thread. Hope everyone had a great Easter!
  • Ages (you and SO): 32 and 31

What brings you to BOTB? Wanted to join a place with like minded folks as my DH doesn't want to hear about my BOTB chatter as much as I do it, lol

When will you start TTC? Plan was around when DS will be 2 years old in October. We are going on a cruise to the Caribbean in the fall, so plans may change based on the risks associated with that and the countries we end up visiting due to Zika.

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.). My interests are all things Star Trek (late comer- DH introduced me after we got married and I was hooked, DS9 being my favorite, just finished Voyager, going to start Enterprise soon), Harry Potter, and other sci-fi/fantasy realms. I work in healthcare as a nurse and love it most of the time. Next baby (if we are so blessed) will be our last and so I am going to try to remain present and enjoy as much as I can the process of getting pregnant/being pregnant/newborn period :) 

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• Ages (you and SO): Both 31

What brings you to BOTB? Just thinking when to try again and would like to have a safe place to talk about it.

When will you start TTC? Hopefully Feb of next year.

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I have a 7 month old son, and was part of the Aug & Sep 17 boards. DH and I both work for a TV station. I work early mornings, he works evenings, so our life is a little crazy! We have a chiweenie.
    Although I'm tired, I'm loving my life as a momma and I'd love to have my kids about two years apart. DH changes his mind all the time about having more. He's nervous about another delivery for me, since I have blood pressure issues and DS spent the first week of his life in the NICU. But we've always talked about having two kids, so hopefully as time passes we'll get more serious about completing our family.
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • edited April 2018
    Ages (you and SO): 28 for me, 29 for DH.
    What brings you to BOTB?: been on my mind for a long time now, but it looks like things will get serious soon! 
    When will you start TTC?: Probably this summer. I just started taking prenatal vitamins on Monday...!
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.): I work in online merchandising, so basically adding and managing my company’s products on different retail websites. DH and I have no kids, but one furbaby who’s basically me in cat form. I love to write and DH loves to golf. I can’t wait for the weather to warm up so I can plant my vegetable garden again!
  • edited April 2018

Ages (you and SO): 32 and 31

What brings you to BOTB? Wanted to join a place with like minded folks as my DH doesn't want to hear about my BOTB chatter as much as I do it, lol

When will you start TTC? Plan was around when DS will be 2 years old in October. We are going on a cruise to the Caribbean in the fall, so plans may change based on the risks associated with that and the countries we end up visiting due to Zika.

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.). My interests are all things Star Trek (late comer- DH introduced me after we got married and I was hooked, DS9 being my favorite, just finished Voyager, going to start Enterprise soon), Harry Potter, and other sci-fi/fantasy realms. I work in healthcare as a nurse and love it most of the time. Next baby (if we are so blessed) will be our last and so I am going to try to remain present and enjoy as much as I can the process of getting pregnant/being pregnant/newborn period :) 
    Well hello there! I’m a TNG/DS9/Potterhead myself, amongst other things. A new guy started at my work who has a model of DS9 on his desk. We had a good chat :)
  • jcecejcece member
    Hi everyone! I just started lurking a month or so ago and I think this board seems like the best fit, but feel free to tell me otherwise!!

Ages (you and SO):
    I'm 26 and FI is 25
    What brings you to BOTB? We are getting married in a little less than a year! But TTC is probably going to be a bit of a process for us (I have endo), so I've started lurking around to get some tips and learn some things :smile:
    When will you start TTC? We are going to start officially TTC right after our wedding (spring 2019). But I am getting a head start right now by trying to lose some weight/ make healthy lifestyle changes, etc. I also have an appointment to get a laparoscopy soon, and am going to get my BC implant out in the fall after the surgery
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.): I'm an animal nut (veterinary student graduating this year) and FI is in finance. We have two rescued fur babies, one is a border collie mix and the other is a chihuahua mix. They are super hyper/ neurotic but we love them to pieces. We love to watch Netflix, FI is a gamer, and I like to go to the beach on the weekends, even in the winter just to walk on it! I also read read read like crazy, anything and everything, currently in a nonfiction rabbit hole and reading a lot of historical stuff.
  • @jcece welcome! Hop in anywhere.
  • Welcome guys! 

@hestia14 I also love to garden! Already got my cooler weather stuff in the ground.