August 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 1/13 &14

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 1/13 &14

• Options
    I really need to get my maternity clothes out... we'll i should say DH needs to get them. He forgot to grab them before we put Christmas stuff away so now it's even harder. 
    @quinnsmom21 that sounds amazing, congrats and Happy Birthday

After feeling so light headed I couldn't get up yesterday, I at least was rested up for an adventure today. We went out to a frozen lake to sled and skate and it was a blast!

TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy birthday @quinnsmom21

I read the book “Room” before I had DS, and thought it was sad, but then watched the movie after DS and felt sick. So awful. 

My brother & sister in law took DS tonight and we went to a friends house and watched foot ball and played wits and wagers. It was fun, but I was late taking my Diclegis and just threw up for the first time since I started taking it. That was not so fun. 

• Options
    Will winter please exit stage left. I’m so over it. 

I know I’ll be miserable come June. Big old pregnant lady and all. Hot.  Hot.  Hot.  But seriously. Go away cold. 

• Options
    ecwk said:
    @quinnsmom21 happy birthday!

DH and I went to the Patriots game tonight. It was basically our first date since DS was born 3/16. How sad. We ended up leaving early because it was -73846383 degrees and literally my bottle of water was turning to ice. 

DS first haircut was a success. He looks so grown up now :love:
    Don’t blame you for leaving but very jealous of your getting to go. They aren’t my teams. Mine is already out. Lol. But I love football. 
  • Options
    @ecwk sounds chilly but fun. That game was such a route you didn't miss out leaving early. I enjoyed watching it from the comfort of my living room. 
    It always nice to have a date night, hope you guys enjoyed it and can do it again soon before LO arrives! 

@amac12999 love wits and wagers.. Our family gets pretty competitive but our answers are pretty laughable! 
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    derbysquirrelderbysquirrel member
    edited January 2018
    @lolog531
    As someone from the west coast, 4 hours and 2 states is bonkers to me! I can barely get to another state in 4 hours, and only in one direction!  :smile: 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brzvice it was fun but i am seriously horrible at it! I blame pregnancy brain  ;)
  • Options
    @lolog531
    As someone from the west coast, 4 hours and 2 states is bonkers to me! I can barely get to another state in 4 hours, and only in one direction!  :smile: 
    Ha! It’s only Northern IL (parents) to West Michigan, so really not far, but I can see where it’s hard to imagine in your case!!
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    @ecwk My sister was at the game last night as well. I was totally jealous until I realized how freezing it must have been with the cold snap and with how tired I was by 10:30 last night I would have hated the 2 hour ride home. I probably would have left early as well, especially when we were up by 3 touchdowns in the last quarter. Regardless I hope you had a good date night.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DH's medic class is covering pregnancy/labor and delivery today and he's having a panic attack thinking about everything that could happen. He said he wants to put me in a bubble for the next eight months. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    Hubby has been entertaining the kids all morning while I’ve napped. No shame.
  • Options
    I went to target to buy some new maternity pants because I’ve been feeling blah and only wear pj pants and yoga pants. I didn’t try them on at the store and neither fit. Back to target I go (any excuse to go back, am I right?)
    Married: August 2007
    DD1: Oct 2012
    DD2: Sept 2016
    DC3: Due August 2018
  • Options
    I believe I’ve finally talked hubby into getting a King bed!!! I’ve wanted one for 2 years because between us, DS when he tries to come in with us, and 2 cats, it’s time. Plus new baby.... no way! We’re both off work tomorrow so DS is off to school and we’re going mattress shopping!
  • Options
    Lol. Nice. I’m jealous. @Firemanswife11
  • Options
    DH and I went to the consignment shop and bought our first couple of baby items! There was also a clothing consignment shop next door that had maternity clothes, so DH made me go try on a few things. I got a nice long summer dress that I imagine I will be living in all spring/summer, I just need a couple of cardigans to go with, and a pair of shorts and a shirt. It's not a lot, but it's a start and making everything seem very real. I'm still planning on getting though the winter in my fleeced leggings and big sweaters. Finger's crossed!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like the only night owl on this page! I know a lot of STMs have little kids and such, but I thought for sure with different time zones I'd have some evening and night time company. I wonder how having a baby will shift my hours of operation. I'm used to getting up around 8am, and going to bed around 1:30am, and I loved when I worked night shifts. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @derbysquirrel where are you, again? What time zone? 
    In the beginning, baby won't know the difference between night and day so it's pretty consistent feeding and changing every couple of hours! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like the only night owl on this page! I know a lot of STMs have little kids and such, but I thought for sure with different time zones I'd have some evening and night time company. I wonder how having a baby will shift my hours of operation. I'm used to getting up around 8am, and going to bed around 1:30am, and I loved when I worked night shifts. 
    I’ve never been much of a night owl, but with an 18 month old who has yet to STTN on top of pregnancy fatigue, I pretty much crash after her bedtime! 
  • Options
    @derbysquirrel I used to be such a night owl also. It actually helped in the begninging, because I would take the late night shift, and my SO would take the early morning hours because he's a morning person. As my DS slowly slept through the night, but was waking at like 5, 6am, I would be exhausted when we put him to bed, so I just went to bed when he did. Being a mom totally changed me into a morning person. Now, I'm usually awake before he is!

@Firemanswife11 YASSS! I just said to SO yesterday that we have to get our fill in before I get too pregnant. i think i gave up sometime around 8months and we didn't have the energy again until DS was almost 2 months old. Ugh, thinking about that again now, 3 month dry spell seems like a lifetime! But, I don't remember much about those sleepy days, so I guess that's how we got through it. Another motivator for getting your fill now is that for me, the first few times postpartum were terrible and really hurt in the beginning. Took awhile before things were back to normal down there. 
  • Options
    Yeah, staying up until 9pm is a late night for me. Also team toddler who never sleeps through the night.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @ecwk
    I'm in Mountain time zone, Colorado. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’m always up late. It’s my only down time. So it’s the only time I usually post. Having lots of convos with myself lol. 
  • Options
    I also used to be a night owl and still am on weekends,  but this pg has been kicking my ass. I’ve been trying to stay off my phone & tablet after about 7pm. My m/s has been a lot worse in the evenings, and looking at my phone seems to make it worse. Now I watch TV until I fall asleep instead. 
  • Options
    I used to be the west coast monitor for drama on DS's BMB.  But now I can't remember the last time I was up past 9pm.  Precious sleep.