May 2018 Moms
Options

Product Guide: Strollers, Jogging Strollers, and Double Strollers

2»

Re: Product Guide: Strollers, Jogging Strollers, and Double Strollers

• Options
    @thunderberry it depends how close in age your kids will be and your lifestyle. Our girls are 2.5 years apart. We used the double stroller when we were going on mile long walks to synagogue, but not much for errands or even days out. There city select is a nice stroller, but if it doesn't fit your lifestyle now, just focus on what does and you can always sell/buy/borrow when the time comes.
  • Options
    @lincbeesmom I feel like I talked to you about this already, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself.  Did you look at the double snap n go in person?  MH and I did, and we didn't like it as much as the Joovy Twin Roo.  The infant seats don't actually "snap" in to the snap n go, they just sit in there and get strapped in.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @justsuzie @babys_2018 I used the city select stroller and the britax b safe (can’t remember if it’s the 35) infant carrier. There are pieces you need to buy to make them compatible but I really liked both. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sandbar517 no I haven’t! There aren’t any baby stores around here so I’m just going based on what I’ve seen online :cry: do they snap into the joovy? I have graco infant car seats

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sandbar517 no I haven’t! There aren’t any baby stores around here so I’m just going based on what I’ve seen online :cry: do they snap into the joovy? I have graco infant car seats
    Now I’m wondering if I should just skip the stroller frame and go straight for the full size stroller since it’s compatible with infant car seats too...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lincbeesmom it would be one less purchase that way, but probably more than you were hoping to spend. 
  • Options
    bwow615 said:
    @lincbeesmom it would be one less purchase that way, but probably more than you were hoping to spend. 
    Yeah I’d have to buy the adapters for the car seats though so it’s still $60 I’d have to shell out. Decisions, decisions.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lincbeesmom the extra expense all the extra pieces for the stroller was definitely something that bothered me but I put the cup holder, car seat adapter and tray on the registry and what we didn’t get I used gift cards and the completion discount on. Not sure where you are registering but Babies r us gives you a percent of money back off everything purchased on your registry and then sends you a gift card after. We used it on a second graco 4ever car seat for my husbands car. 
  • Options
    For those who used the Britax B-Agile, how did you find it worked on gravel roads/paths/etc, if you used it like that? I tried it in store and liked the way it felt but the salesperson pushed us towards the City Mini GT because he said  the B-Agile wasn't good on rough roads, but I don't know if that was just an upsell. @mileswithmyles @zaclina @savy_05
  • Options
    @thunderberry I take my BOB if it is going to be a rougher road.  The B-Agile does okay, but my BOB handles it better.  
  • Options
    @thunderberry my stepmom has the normal city mini and it’s rough. I would go for inflated wheels every time. 
  • Options
    clee5711 said:
    @lincbeesmom the extra expense all the extra pieces for the stroller was definitely something that bothered me but I put the cup holder, car seat adapter and tray on the registry and what we didn’t get I used gift cards and the completion discount on. Not sure where you are registering but Babies r us gives you a percent of money back off everything purchased on your registry and then sends you a gift card after. We used it on a second graco 4ever car seat for my husbands car. 
    PSA for anyone that registers at BRU - the "gift card" you receive at the end has an expiration date!!  beware, I almost lost out on using mine!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Poppy0419 Yeah, I think in the end we are leaning towards the City Mini GT, which is similar to the City Mini except it has better, foam filled wheels. Maybe not quite as good as inflatable but also don't have to refill them which I like.
  • Options
    @heelsidehero ugh I missed out on like $160 from BRU because I didn't see the email they sent
  • Options
    @heelsidehero @fraufarbissina that happened to me with our Macy’s gift card from our bridal registry 
  • Options
    @thunderberry I have the b-agile and it works great on bumpy roads/gravel. I really like this stroller combo with the b-safe car seat. 

Question - I read that the 2017 b-agile double stroller does not have a connection where you can snap in the infant seat. I really want to use my britax infant seat with a double stroller and just pop it in. Does anyone know another double stroller that would work with this? Or know when the 2018 models come out because maybe britax added this feature back?