May 2018 Moms

STM+ Check-In 1/10

How far along are you? 

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? 

How old are your other kids? 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- 

GTKY:  What is something you will NEVER do again?

Re: STM+ Check-In 1/10

• Loading the player...
  • @SaVy_05 your family dynamics sound so lovely! 
  • @suchaglencoco good point!! And wait... there's a 2year sleep regression? Oh man that explains a lot about DS lately. Also +1 for not throwing another big wedding. That shit was stressful and I can think of better ways to spend the money. Not that I plan on getting married again that is. This one is for keeps. 
  • I am pretty sure there's a regression, haha. A lot of my d15 moms have been having sleep issues on and off the last couple of months so I'm assuming there is!
  • @suchaglencoco it wouldn't surprise me. They have so much growing to do at this age - physically and mentally..
  • edited January 2018
    @suchaglencoco good job on holding strong ! It's sooooo tempting when you're team green. At least I found it was with DS. 
  • @mamaimmoos dropping them off when we’re like that gets easier in time. They usually stop by the time you get to your car! 
  • @mamaimmoos I hand him off and walk away. It sucks and feels so counterintuitive, but I think it’s what best. Staying reinforces the behavior. At DS’s school, they tell us that if we say goodbye, we need to actually leave. If a child is having a hard time, they walk over and say, “Let me help you.”  They will hold them and get them engaged in some activity. 
  • clee5711clee5711 member
    edited January 2018
    @onesmallcoconut hope he’s feeling better and you stay healthy! 

+1 for developing a fear of heights 

@suchaglencoco way to stay strong! I think it would be the most amazing surprise but I don’t know if I could hold out. 

How far along are you? 19 weeks

We find out next week! 

How old are your other kids? 16 months 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-  i asked DS today if he is going to be a good big brother and he shook his head and said no, but then he kissed my belly so there’s hope lol 
    Is anyone else still nursing? I planned to start weaning after he turned 1 but he really wasn't interested. It didn’t matter to me until I got pregnant. Now I really don’t like it. It’s uncomfortable and sometimes I even feel like I am having a panic attack or something like that while nursing and then I feel like a bad mom because I feel that way. We’ve cut it down to just nap time, bed time and if/when he gets up in the middle of the night. But it hasn’t been easy. 

GTKY- I’d say cosleeping because it’s been a rough habit to break but I’m sure exhaustion will kick in with this one and we will do it again 
  • @onesmallcoconut , I'm so sorry DS got the flu! It's so tough when they're sick! Hopefully he feels better soon and potty training will go back to normal.

@suchaglencoco, I'm sorry your DS isn't feeling well and that DD is acting out. There's so much sickness going around! Here's hoping whatever he has passes quickly!

@mamaimmoos, dropping off a little one throwing a tantrum makes me feel like the worst mommy! A friend of mine who used to own a daycare told me to set up a goodbye routine. Give hugs, kisses, say bye and go. She said most of the time they're completely fine a couple minutes later but the routine will just signal to them that mommy is leaving. DS went through this when he switched daycares. It's terrible to leave when your child is crying hysterically and yelling "Don't leave me, mommy!" 

How far along are you? 

20 weeks 
    Girl!
    DS is 2.5
    Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- 
    I feel terrible. My throat hurts and I'm congested. I'm thinking about taking a half day off at work to come home and rest. I don't think I'm running a fever so I don't think I need to see a doctor. Just sucks being pregnant and sick.

I'm not sure. I've never been super daring so I haven't done anything crazy. Add me to the fear of heights list though!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • SaVy_05SaVy_05 member
    edited January 2018
    @JNCPro3130 hope you feel better soon! Pregnancy and sickness is rough, especially with kids to take care of.

@mileswithmyles it changes from moment to moment. They are all a ton of fun, but they are into everything! I feel like our house is Fort Knox with all the gates and locks. They're wild ones!
  • edited January 2018
    Ugh... Y'all I thought we were almost finished recovering from the flu... But now DS's symptoms have changed from the front end to the back end. And DH is out of town for work until tomorrow evening. Its been almost a week straight of taking care of my flu-addled boys (DS + DH) and the household while struggling with a cold myself that has been lingering since Boxing Day and being crazy busy at work. I thought we were close to being in the clear with the tummy flu! Just gonna whine here because I gotta be strong irl 

Edited to add I have to stay home from work now and its so busy and my boss is away so I'm reporting to my director and he's probably gonna be pissed that I can't come in. Ahhhhh 
  • How far along are you? 
    20+5

Girl

My daughter is such a good eater but lately she's been throwing a fit any time she finishes all of her food or her milk.  I'm pretty sure she's getting enough but I don't think she'd ever stop eating if we didn't cut her off.  I'm really hoping this is just a phase because it can turn into a full blown meltdown sometimes.  

This is a good question! I'll probably never shotgun/funnel/chug a beer again.  I used to be a champ when I was in my prime but I don't think I'd physically be able to anymore. 

@clee5711 I had to cut back on nursing starting when I was about 8 weeks pregnant because my milk supply was dwindling.  I nursed my daughter before bed and during the night up until her 1st birthday so it's now been about two weeks since we've fully weaned.  The hardest part was cutting out the MOTN feeding.  My husband had to be the one to go in her room or else she'd be really mad at me for not feeding her.  But it's all good now and she's been sleeping 11 hours straight at night.  
  • @onesmallcoconut oh no!!! I hope everyone starts feeling better soon. 
  • Thank you @fraufarbissina me too. Meeeee too. 
  • @clee5711 it's so cute when they kiss your stomach

@JNCPro3130 I hope you feel better soon.  Being sick and pregnant does suck.  

@onesmallcoconut oh no!!!  

@fraufarbissina lol at funneling a beer.  I would say those days are behind me as well.  I'm still game for beer pong or flip cup, though!
  • @ivyvines6 I don't really like being pregnant either! And I haven't even had a tough time. I have a couple of friends who profess to just love it (they've both had 2 kids), and I cannot for the life of me understand why they think it's so great.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @suchaglencoco I peer pressured DH last night to have a beer so I could have 1sip 
  • So far behind this week....

How far along are you? 
    23+3
    Girl
    Girl twins will be 4 in May
    Rant-Oh, so much this week.  I can't wait for it to be over.  Rave- Three day weekend!  No questions.  They've been pretty cranky and whiny this week which isn't helping my temperament either after a shitty week at work.  
    I'm with everyone saying being pregnant or first tri.  We have no intentions of having another child.  Although my first instinct was to say "Go to Las Vegas."  It was cool to be there and to be able to experience it, but I have no desire to ever go back. 

@fraufarbissina As long as what she's eating is healthy, I really wouldn't worry about her eating too much.  She may just be having a growth spurt and need the extra calories.  
    @suchaglencoco sorry you're having such a tough week.  Maybe it's the weather changes!! 
    @onesmallcoconut I hope the plague leaves your house soon, and everyone starts to feel better!  @JNCPro3130 Hope you feel better soon, too!
    @ivyvines6 Thankfully my kids haven't been big hitters (yet, anyway....fingers crossed) but from what I've heard it's usually a phase.  Good luck!  

Too many other people to tag.  Sorry for anyone I missed!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @sandbar517 that's a good point, maybe it's a growth spurt.  I swear she eats as much as me sometimes and I'm grown, pregnant woman!  Sorry you've had such a hard week but now you have a 3 day weekend to look forward to!!
  • @fraufarbissina Thanks!  Yeah, I've definitely noticed there are times when my girls will go weeks with hardly eating anything, and then there are days (like this past weekend) when they almost finish a box of cereal by themselves.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17