June 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms for the New Year (1/1)

Re: Randoms for the New Year (1/1)

• Options
    YYYYEEESSSS to the crazy emotions. I was watching Fuller House the other night with SO and balled my eyes out at the end...he very quickly teased me about it. 

If a private board/group is made, what would the criteria be to be considered an active member? I don't always get to post due to time or the comments I would make are already there, but I would love to continue on this journey with everyone. 

Now on to July so I can check out some of this train wreck you all speak of.
  • Options
    RE: the private group, I still sorta think we should wait. I think there's still time for someone to join and become an active regular before due dates, and I think folks should have that option rather than finding a dead zone filled with drive bys here... I am in a particularly gracious mood tonight, though lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sabby2 Oh, for the record, I totally think that poster on your BMB sounds like a dick. It just made me think about my cheap supermodel mascara!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @sabby2 ugh, hope its a random upset stomach and not related. Just waiting for it is the worst! 

I can see both sides of a private board now.. yah it'd definitely be nice. But i agree we could still get new stragglers. And I'm not sure how we'd decide yet how regular a person needs to be to be in it.
    how do private boards on here work anyway? I only sorta lurk other boards, where are they?

oh, and I think I felt baby boy on the outside for the first time this evening! Take thaaaaat anterior placenta. But he must have some strong kicks, cause I only feel his little feet. No head bumps etc up top.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @sabby2 ugh, thinking of you girl! Hopefully it turns out to be nothing! I think I am in the process of getting yet another sinus infection, so I feel ya! 
  • Options
    sabby2sabby2 member
    edited January 2018
    @bkrahn thanks girl. You feel better too.  At this point I'm getting cramps all across my upper stomach. I almost feel like puking is inevitable.  Lucky me, I get to be home with our 3 year old alone all day because DH's coworkers are slackers so he's working all day.

I've had really bad congestion for about 3 weeks now. I think it's pregnancy related and not sinus infection.  I've had many of those and they suck!!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sabby2 well in that case, I hope the kiddo is easy on you today! That’s tough. I’m a serious wreck if DH isn’t home to offer at least SOME help when I’m down with the flu! But thanks girl! I used Netflix to parent today, not guilty one bit! 
  • Options
    I’ve never done a private board on here. Is that going to be in lieu of eventually going to fb or just another step along the way? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    pupsicle23pupsicle23 member
    edited January 2018
    Wait, that July post is so random. I was also amused by the fact that they have Fit Mom Friday but see we do too. I am just bitter bc I’m stuffing my face. They did mention Arbonne products... does anyone use them? My MIL sells it

edited to sound like less of an asshole
  • Options
    @Austenista On my old BMB, the private group was the step between BMB and Facebook group, and if I recall correctly, we jumped to FB pretty quickly after the private group. We didn’t start the private group till quite a bit closer to our due dates, and I’m on the side of waiting a bit longer here. There’s still a long way to go, even if it feels short!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    Excuse me for being a giant nerd but my DD was just watching a cartoon that did an entire episode as a weird educational version of Motzart's the Magic Flute.  It brought me great joy.  It's one of my all time favorite Mozart compositions. 
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sabby2 Little Einstein’s? 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dinodna3 nope, Peg + Cat.  DD like little Einsteins too though.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I like the idea of a private group but agree with @doxiemoxie212 that maybe we should wait a bit more. Maybe at the start of the third trimester?? Also a little paranoid in thinking that I'm not regular enough to warrant an invite to a private group. Idk. 

And I know I'm just shoving my own question into the void here, but I'm going to my friend's baby's baptism today and totally forgot that you're supposed to bring a gift. Anyone have experience with what to bring for baptisms? I'm an atheist raised by atheists as is DH so we're kinda going in clueless. TIA!
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    I’m off to go read that July post now. 

This week has been hectic. I ended up going to the hospital late Tuesday due to bleeding.  The baby is fine and it was my cervix. Turns out I have partial placenta previa (found out on Friday during my anatomy scan) so I’m glad I went in on Tuesday. 

In terms of private groups - I’m for waiting a bit. I joined S15 after my BFP, posted for a few months and then got busy. I started posting again right before the babies were due and have been posted ever since. I would have hated to miss out because life got busy in the middle. 

We had S14 post on S15 and we posted on S16 as a group. So advice can be done right!
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 usually something personalized. It could be something monogrammed if you have time. Blanket. Picture frame. Just whatever you buy should be something that they would keep not like a toy or outfit they’ll out grow and give away. Or you could always go with a gift card. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @marcus7676 I remember the s14 post on s15 was not well recieved at all. But I think that was mostly from the gals from the Parenting board, who were the ones that started the new bump thing after the implosion. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dinodna3 I was not part of TB s15 since the exodus occurred the day I got my BFP. So we are likely referring to different posts. 
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 If you don’t have time for anything personal, you could do something fancy like a keepsake rattle or hairbrush/mirror set. I remember I had a porcelain brush and mirror from my baptism and wasn’t allowed to touch it, but was so obsessed with it when I was a kid. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 a necklace or locket maybe?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ffw0617 @LaceyBee522 @lisa2589 thanks for the advice! Those are good ideas. I might not be able to do personalized but I can probably find something similar before the baptism. It's for a boy, but I can definitely find something like that. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    llamamama14llamamama14 member
    edited January 2018
    Just reading through this thread now. @izza2 thanks for updating the spreadsheet. 

Re. private group: too soon IMO.

@pupsicle23 This counts as exercise if you want to participate in Fit Fridays.
  • Options
    Also just read that july thread, it was definitely worth the read!

And @pupsicle23 don't worry, I am definitely not worthy of the fit mom thread. I just got off the phone with my sister who can't wait to go back to crossfit after her first trimester (she had to be put on pelvic rest for a bit) and I'm sitting here like walking the dogs counts as exercise, right? 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @marcus7676 sorry you’ve had to go through that. So scary. Hopefully as your uterus grows your placenta will shift a little?  
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    stephcat421stephcat421 member
    edited January 2018
    It's crickets in here just when I'd love to see someone go after the crazy in boy or girl thread! 
  • Options
    @stephcat421 damn I missed some QFP!!! 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    Of course she commented on the other drive by what's my baby's sex thread.  Sheesh we're mean guys.  Wouldn't you walk into a group of people you've never met and ask what sex your baby is? It's just fun and curiosity, jeesh.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    She changed her profile pic to a black box. A bit dramatic? 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    Leaving her account in this super mean app?  She's the queen of DD.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @krashke I saw that on her "." post? 
  • Options
    Y’all, I know what I’m reading at 3 am when I can’t sleep, thank you, so glad I don’t have to be in the July group. 
  • Options
    @krashke @stephcat421 @sabby2 Where did she even come from?? It seems like she knows the woman who started the boy/girl thread since she commented there WKing for her, then started a thread that was virtually the same thing. She must be terribly bored this Saturday night. I am too, though, so...shrug.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This point of pregnancy on the board with all the 'what's my baby's sex' posts and the end when we get the am I in labor/how can I start labor posts are my least favorite. I just don't get asking a bunch of Internet strangers things like that...
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    stephcat421stephcat421 member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah I guess I'm not terribly disappointed. Weekends are dead around our board, and so it can at least be the highlight for tonight. But this chick, she keeps coming back with multiple posts in a row! At least we know were safe in here to talk all the s*** we want as drive by never leave their world(post)
  • Options
    Can we just turn it into a noodles gif party  :D
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @stephcat421 She keeps coming back with multiple posts, then keeps deleting! Lol!

@sunshineandwhiskey YAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mmm we are all on a ramen and pho kick so noodles seem appropriate 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    Ok I gotta stop before she goes on a reporting rampage. One more and I’m out. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    *lurking*
    You guys are amazing and hilarious!