July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms pt.2 1/3-1/4

124»

Re: Weekday Randoms pt.2 1/3-1/4

• Options
    @christycalifornia we must come from different places in Cali lol i things it’s better in CO, except downtown that always sucks.
  • Options
    Y’all, I just dug through my 3yo’s man sized turd to try and find the penny he swallowed 2 days ago only to find moneyless feces. I feel so sick. I made it nearly 10 years without having to dig through a child’s poo. I feel like I’ve hit a new human low and also earned some sort of new mothering badge. So nasty. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited January 2018
    @WorkinWeezel I think a shower under those circumstances is definitely acceptable. 

• Options
    WorkinWeezelWorkinWeezel member
    edited January 2018
    @4deep you win today!!! That's awful

Thanks @beanship lol I think I'm going to create some registries just for the free shit you get

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel I am with you on having an unexpected baby and being unprepared. I just sold/donated all of our baby stuff this summer so we need to restock. I am hoping I can get another free breast pump from my insurance since I donated the last one! Fortunately I know a lot of moms around here who could let me have/borrow what I need. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @4deep nooooooooo!! For so many reasons! I don’t think I could have done that. 

• Options
    Hubby finally caved and let me take him into urgent care (hallelujah!). He tested positive for the flu and got some tamiflu. Now we’re on operation keep-mama-bear-from-catching-it.

chiming in on the weather- my sons teacher send home a message (before he even got him) saying th district will be closed tomorrow for extreme cold. Wind chills are supposed to be -30 BUT no snow... which means it’s not worth it. 

Also- @WorkinWeezel I’m going to throw a shower for a friend who wasn’t expecting another and doesn’t have any stuff. She’s also having her first girl after 3 boys! Showers don’t bother me. All babies are special!
  • Options
    @hillbillywife please take care!!!! I hope he's feeling better soon
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Told my son’s daycare today that I am expecting again so that they can put me down for a spot for #2. Waitlisted into September as I expected. Mark that off my list as done! 

Also had a routine monthly appt with my midwife today, #2s HB is strong at 170 BPM and nothing else interesting to report there.

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    @tarheelgirl8 We actually fast forward through mufasa dying for my son  (2.5) and the other day I left it on. I'm like bawling, and my son is like, "he's getting up right? He's Ok??" Lip quiver and sad face and everything and I'm crying harder and saying, "no, he's not" and he just crawled into my lap and snuggled, didn't really cry. It was so hard lol but probably hormones.
  • Options
    @SmashJam that’s so sad! :( 

@WorkinWeezel thank you!!
  • Options
    I live in TX and hate the cold weather! I'm currently laying in bed under a thick blanket. Blech!

I looked at myself in the mirror a bit ago and thought I looked super pregnant - I definitely am having some regularity issues too that I'm sure are contributing. Plus I never did those ab workouts after my first that I fully intended on doing before having the second.... LOL
  • Options
    I hate that I have to wait until our anatomy scan on Feb 13th to "hopefully" find out baby's sex! all these finding out seriously has me so
    jealous haha
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 do you have any elective ultrasound places around you? Like one of the places that does 3d ultrasounds?
  • Options
    We do they are a lot of money though like a couple hundred bucks and it just seems likr a waste when we can find out i  4 weeks haha I am just impatient ;) 

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 holy moly that is crazy I def would not pay that. Our was $45 which is the norm for all the places around here. 
  • Options
    @amylu914 seriousky?! wow that is amazing!  yeah they only have boutique places here... annoying

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 we are the same here in Alberta,  Canada. New Years Eve was -40 with windchill
  • Options
    @4deep I am so sorry you had to dig through your sons poop. The things moms do for our babies. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I know, I feel the same way. Mine will probably be the last week in February. I waited that long last time though, so I know I can power through! :) it will fly by. 

• Options
    hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited January 2018
    djh513 said:
    @lindsayleigh1989 I know, I feel the same way. Mine will probably be the last week in February. I waited that long last time though, so I know I can power through! :) it will fly by. 
    Same! Mine will probably be the last day in feb or the first day in March. Feel like it will take forever. But it actually won’t. I can make it lol

edited because my spelling is atrocious 
  • Options
    With both of my previous pregnancies I volunteered to be sonogrammed at my university's ultrasound Dept. I know the staff and faculty in that Dept and they just got new high tech machines a couple years ago. The students love being able to see a real baby in a real person instead of their dummies, and I enjoy the extra peak at baby. I usually wait until I know that things are okay though--dont want a surprise abnormality to show up during a "fun" sonogram. 

• Options
    @flockofmoosen3 ooh great idea! There’s and ultrasound school in my town. I never thought to volunteer there! (Which is ridiculous because my mom was a student there when I was a teenager and scanned me allllll theee timmeee) 
  • Options
    @tarheelgirl8 A lot of those old Disney movies are quite a bit darker than the newer ones. I could be wrong, but I think Frozen is, like, the first one without death in it - or maybe it was The Princess and the Frog... Anyway, I feel like adults notice that stuff more, because so many peoples' childhood memories ARE strictly hakuna-matata and Under the Sea. Personally I LOVE the darker stuff, but I'm a cartoon nerd. Hardcore.

Side note: I have been waiting my WHOLE LIFE to share my love of cartoons with a kid. Can't wait!
  • Options
    My husband is home "sick" He has a cold....not even coughing or stuffy nose nose. But a head cold. He has taken this time to lecture me how I should be deep cleaning the house and not dozing or cuddling with our son who has the flu. By the way, he is playing video games and not sleeping. Ug
    Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • Options
    @djh513 waitlisted already?! Is that normal? Do I seriously need to get on a waitlist NOW for daycare??
  • Options
    @ckmb_knottie for some yes you do. We got lucky with DS because they had just opened. But till this day if i want to change him to an actual daycare (sitter right now) there is a waiting list of at least a few months or even a year. Depends on what your looking for.
  • Options
    @wildtot what made you go with a sitter rather than daycare? I generally hear an in-home sitter will be more expensive than daycare if you have 1 child (not that I've looked into it yet, but clearly need to!)
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    edited January 2018
    @ckmb_knottie when we lived in CA we decided on a Montessori but it was almost our rent (+1400!). When we moved to CO we wanted a daycare again but the good ones were still as expensive. We got referred to the mom of someone who worked at the daycare. So now we only pay $600/month. Starting Feb we found someone in our new neighborhood with fewer kids and who can eventually take #2. And we will still be ranging about $800, but it’s closer to home. Only downside is we can’t use them for a tax write off but we are ok with that. We save more this way than what we would get back.

edoted to clarify these are not in house sitters. But the new one will save us a 20 min commute.
  • Options
    @ckmb_knottie yes, you probably do depending on where u live! You will prob want to tour places to see what they're like, get recommendations from local moms, and check for your state's records on violations, etc. I chose my next door neighbor for my kids as she is licensed and we really love and trust her with the kids. I told her the day after we got our positive pregnancy test for this baby to hold a spot in Jan 2019! She gets calls all the time for spots and is always trying to stay at Max capacity. Turns out that two other families in our neighborhood have told her they are TTC #2 and to "hold" for them. In a way it's lucky I beat them in this ridiculous "race". When I considered going to another daycare to get more days I called 15+ in-home daycares and there were zero openings. The centers we toured weren't bad, but they were pricier and I am not making enough $$ to cover their rates. It is hard, so start ASAP.

• Options
    We also did a nanny for one day a week with DD and she cost more for one day than daycare for two days each week. We loved our nanny and I wish I could have kept her but I couldn't afford it with two kids ($20/hr), and def can't with three. Now she's married and working full time so she isn't available anymore even if I wanted her back. (And we did that legit, btw...taxes we're high)

• Options
    djh513djh513 member
    edited January 2018
    @ckmb_knottie Yes, very typical for my area! I didn't get waitlisted, but I knew if I waited any longer I would. We live in a suburb of Cincinnati OH and there are only 2 daycare centers I would consider sending my kiddos to (we've toured all in our area). So I wanted to make sure we got a spot where our son is! We never considered in-home so I am not sure how prices compare... we pay $1,300/month for an infant spot and it will be $1,000/month for a toddler spot for my son + discount for multiple kiddos. 

ETA to add missing words

• Options
    @djh513 I was wondering if you were from Cinci based on your screen name! I'm originally from West Chester  :)
  • Options
    @ckmb_knottie Small world! Yeah, I suppose the 513 gave it away :) We live in Anderson!