February 2018 Moms

Weekly randoms | Jan. 1-10

Didn't see a randoms thread started yesterday as I guess we were all otherwise occupied post-NYE. What's on your mind?

Re: Weekly randoms | Jan. 1-10

• We lined the crib with tin foil to teach the cats not to jump into it. Yesterday, we allowed them into the room for the first time and they don't seem to have an issue with the foil. :(  I have to start looking at getting a crib tent or maybe spraying the crib with a cat repellent. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kristinl492 +1 for loving a blank planner!  

BIL got the boys light sabers for Christmas.  My 2 year old and 4 year old are dueling in the middle of the room with Bambi in the background. 
  • Melissa9481Melissa9481 member
    edited January 2018
    @ldawngirl781 foil semi worked for ours but in the end they were too scared of DD to jump in with her. 

My mil keeps asking if I've dropped. I'm not sure what she thinks that means in terms of readiness but we've basically got 8 weeks left. Chill out
  • Anyone else enjoying the simple pleasure of a new year meaning a new planner? I don’t know what it is about a pretty notebook and blank calendar pages but man I feel like I totally have my life together when I start filling it out. 
    I love a new planner! I get one every year at work and I'm going to make sure it comes home with me next month! 
  • Anyone else writing 2017 instead of 2018?! I had to correct myself a few times at work today!
  • Anyone else enjoying the simple pleasure of a new year meaning a new planner? I don’t know what it is about a pretty notebook and blank calendar pages but man I feel like I totally have my life together when I start filling it out. 
    Mine comes today! I try every year, and stick with it a little longer each time before reverting to other organizational survival techniques (I do a lot on my phone..). But I do love a good paper planner!!
  • Everyone is happy back at work today (our office was ghost town all last week). Also, almost everyone I've talked to has asked me if I feel 'done' yet. Maybe I don't look as put together as I thought today  :D 
  • atalante said:
    Anyone else enjoying the simple pleasure of a new year meaning a new planner? I don’t know what it is about a pretty notebook and blank calendar pages but man I feel like I totally have my life together when I start filling it out. 
    Mine comes today! I try every year, and stick with it a little longer each time before reverting to other organizational survival techniques (I do a lot on my phone..). But I do love a good paper planner!!
    Right now it’s helping me get organized with pre-baby stuff. I’m trying to just make small weekly lists of things I want to accomplish before he gets here. The goal is to make our lives as uncomplicated as possible so all focuse can be on baby in those early newborn weeks! We’ll see how that goes...
  • @ldawngirl781 foil semi worked for ours but in the end they were too scared of DD to jump in with her. 

My mil keeps asking if I've dropped. I'm not sure what she thinks that means in terms of readiness but we've basically got 8 weeks left. Chill out
    I am kind of hoping for this, but then it makes me sad to think of the animals being afraid. 
  • We lined the crib with tin foil to teach the cats not to jump into it. Yesterday, we allowed them into the room for the first time and they don't seem to have an issue with the foil. :(  I have to start looking at getting a crib tent or maybe spraying the crib with a cat repellent. 
    We always just shut the door and didn’t allow the cats in the nursery. But I spray my Christmas Tree with watered down orange essential oil and it keeps them away! Maybe try diffusing some in the room? Or pray the area around the crib? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So I feel silly even mentioning this, because I'm sure it would vary by insurance provider.  My insurance requires pre-authorization before a repeat c-section.  I guess I assumed the hospital did it because they specifically asked for the pre-auth phone number in the pre registration paperwork.  I am on a mother's group on FB and someone had an emergency csection and told her insurance (same as mine- BCBSIL) 2 days after the birth and the insurance company is refusing to cover it because she didn't get it pre-authorized.  I felt certain that the woman was missing details from her story, but obviously don't want to face the same issue so I emailed BCBSIL to see if this was true.  They said they never even see the documents we fill out with the hospital and it was true that I needed to pre-authorize and I could call anytime with the details if I knew the hospital/date/provider.  I asked my dr today if she knew - she had no idea.  I know I could call the hospital and ask, but ultimately I don't think I would feel comfortable trusting if they said that they take care of it.  So I called BCBSIL today and got a preauthorization number.  The guy on the phone said he had never done this for a RSC before but I feel better knowing they can't tell me this wasn't pre-authorized in case I go into early labor.  
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
  • Megzb510 said:
    So I feel silly even mentioning this, because I'm sure it would vary by insurance provider.  My insurance requires pre-authorization before a repeat c-section.  I guess I assumed the hospital did it because they specifically asked for the pre-auth phone number in the pre registration paperwork.  I am on a mother's group on FB and someone had an emergency csection and told her insurance (same as mine- BCBSIL) 2 days after the birth and the insurance company is refusing to cover it because she didn't get it pre-authorized.  I felt certain that the woman was missing details from her story, but obviously don't want to face the same issue so I emailed BCBSIL to see if this was true.  They said they never even see the documents we fill out with the hospital and it was true that I needed to pre-authorize and I could call anytime with the details if I knew the hospital/date/provider.  I asked my dr today if she knew - she had no idea.  I know I could call the hospital and ask, but ultimately I don't think I would feel comfortable trusting if they said that they take care of it.  So I called BCBSIL today and got a preauthorization number.  The guy on the phone said he had never done this for a RSC before but I feel better knowing they can't tell me this wasn't pre-authorized in case I go into early labor.  

As a Canadian, I can offer no help at all, but I just have to say wow for needing to get pre-authorized for a repeat C-section. Whatever happened to the doctor and patient deciding what is best? Why does the insurance company have to give permission at all? 
  • 3plus1equals43plus1equals4 member
    edited January 2018
    @ldawngirl781 insurance pre-authorization just means that they will pay for it. If you don't get it authorized, you can still have the procedure, but it's out of pocket or a headache trying to override insurance rules to get it paid for you.
  • @Megzb510 is your insurance provider Blue Cross Blue Shield by any chance? I have BCBS of RI and my repeat c-section has been scheduled for a few weeks now. I haven’t been contacted about pre-authorization or anything like that. I would try calling your OB, the hospital your delivering at and the insurance provider to see if the procedure might have been coded incorrectly. I can’t think of a reason they would need deny your claim for the c-section or you’d be forced to pay out of pocket completely unless there’s some kind of high deductible thing in place. Unfortunately I don’t know much about insurance but making a few phone calls to find out more info would be my first step! Good luck!

• Whoa whoa whoa. There’s a September board. My brain is exploding. 
    I woke up this morning feeling so much more pregnant than yesterday. The fact that there is now a September Board was like a reality slap in the face. Babies will be here soon. I am panicking a little that we won’t have all the things we need done by Feb 2nd! 
  • @pandappanderson My family's taking bets on when LO actually arrives, and all of the dates are in Jan (to be fair I'm due Feb 1). OMG ish is getting real lol.
  • Megzb510 said:
    So I feel silly even mentioning this, because I'm sure it would vary by insurance provider.  My insurance requires pre-authorization before a repeat c-section.  I guess I assumed the hospital did it because they specifically asked for the pre-auth phone number in the pre registration paperwork.  I am on a mother's group on FB and someone had an emergency csection and told her insurance (same as mine- BCBSIL) 2 days after the birth and the insurance company is refusing to cover it because she didn't get it pre-authorized.  I felt certain that the woman was missing details from her story, but obviously don't want to face the same issue so I emailed BCBSIL to see if this was true.  They said they never even see the documents we fill out with the hospital and it was true that I needed to pre-authorize and I could call anytime with the details if I knew the hospital/date/provider.  I asked my dr today if she knew - she had no idea.  I know I could call the hospital and ask, but ultimately I don't think I would feel comfortable trusting if they said that they take care of it.  So I called BCBSIL today and got a preauthorization number.  The guy on the phone said he had never done this for a RSC before but I feel better knowing they can't tell me this wasn't pre-authorized in case I go into early labor.  
    BCBSOK really screwed me with my first, so I’m sure you’ll have to cover your bases. Good luck. 
  • @TattoosandLace that’s my fear. I just don’t feel like dealing with insurance rejections. And since I already emailed them and they told me pre-authorization was required then I wouldn’t really have an excuse. I mean at no point did BCBSIL say, oh pre-auth isn’t required. They took my info and gave me an authorization code. I’m feeling more relaxed now that I’ve gotten my bases covered.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
  • @amb929 Every so often this pops into my head (I think someone tweeted it and it went viral): "At some point your parent put you down and never picked you up again." Blows my mind every time for some reason....

Here's a random I can't figure out: We lost our Pack N' Play. As in, it's a big box, and there's a finite number of places it can be, and it's not in any of those places. Our last place to look is H's work storage unit which now houses some hand-me-downs from his coworkers, so I'm hoping he took it there during one of his cleaning frenzies and just forgot. Because, how in the hell do you lose a giant Pack N Play?? It's not like misplaced keys! The only other explanation, if it's not in the storage unit, is someone went into our garage while we were out walking the dogs (and we leave the garage door open for that time) and stole it. This is not outside the realm of possibility, because we live in a high-theft area, but of all the things to steal from our garage, a Pack N Play is not the most valuable or logical thing to take....
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Ive been gone for like a month or two! Between the holidays and this darn app kicking me out every chance it gets its been so hard to try and get on, but I've been trying to follow and keep up with everyone! Anyway, not sure if this has been posted, didnt see a thread for it, but has anyone been checked yet? I went yesterday for my 34 week checkup but it got pushed back so I'm 35 weeks and I'm 1 cm and 70% effaced. Not that it tells me anything, but really makes me realize just how close we are getting! 
  • Ugh.  @eggplantface That is so frustrating!  I hope it is in the storage unit. Which PnP did you get?  There are so many options, I can't decide!  I literally have 3 in my shopping cart online at BabiesRUs right now and it's the only thing keeping me from completing my order.
  • I am so happy my mom is back in California and we have our house back to ourselves again! It's  so stressful having visitors.  We can now work on the giant to do list before baby,  which means a lot of shopping unfortunately (i hate shopping) and finalizing  a place to put baby in the house! Our crib arrived yesterday and dh picked up a dresser as well. Now i just need the energy to get everything done!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @eggplantface - oh no! I hope you find it!
    @babybro218 - we bought this one. We haven't put it together yet! We didn't get one with all the bells and whistles. May or not use the bassinet since we already have one. It has a portable changing pad, so if we need to tote that anywhere, we can.
    @mamaof5already - What a relief! It's good to know that you have a few weeks to get everything ready for baby without the added stress.
  • Anyone else impacted by this massive storm tomorrow having anxiety about going into labor? Just me? 
  • @mamaof5already I ordered almost everything online! And with amazon anything you don't get off your registry (I made one just to have a list of everything I wanted for myself) you get 15% off if it qualifies, which almost everything did! @psm2462 I would be worried too! Hope all is well and baby stays put!
  • eggplantfaceeggplantface member
    edited January 2018
    Ugh.  @eggplantface That is so frustrating!  I hope it is in the storage unit. Which PnP did you get?  There are so many options, I can't decide!  I literally have 3 in my shopping cart online at BabiesRUs right now and it's the only thing keeping me from completing my order.
    I hopefully have this one: https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Playard-Reversible-Changer-Bassinet/dp/B01MSKM8GK/ref=sr_1_21_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1515000917&sr=1-21&keywords=graco+pack+n+play

I registered for it on the advice of Lucie's List; she goes through various types and you can choose based on budget or need, I highly recommend checking out her blog.

My best friend has this one: https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Playard-Snuggle-Suite-Abbington/dp/B00PTL0S3Y/ref=sr_1_9_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1515000917&sr=1-9&keywords=graco+pack+n+play

That has an additional sleeper attachment, but we have a Rock N Play that is similar to it so I didn't think it was necessary. I don't think my friend has the Rock N Play, and she has a small apartment so space-saving was important to her.

I'm pleased to see it only costs $94 in case I need to get another one...

ETA That is, I thought it was $200 so I'm glad it's half that, but $94 is still money I can better spend elsewhere!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• psm2462 said:
    Anyone else impacted by this massive storm tomorrow having anxiety about going into labor? Just me? 
    Yes! And I'm starting to freak out a little bit! I just spent 3 hours in the grocery store getting everything we need for the storm plus make ahead meal food. By the time I made it to the register, I was having Braxton Hicks. It really had me anxious but now  that I'm on the couch until further notice, it has subsided.  I'm really hoping that taking it easy will ease my fears about possibly going into labor during this storm. I had an appointment for an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow that I had to reschedule because of this storm. Here's hoping everyone stays safe, warm and babies stay in place especially for those who need to travel 1+ hours to get to the hospital!
  • psm2462 said:
    Anyone else impacted by this massive storm tomorrow having anxiety about going into labor? Just me? 
    Yes! I am nervous too! I am in the 12-18” range. I have had anxiety the whole time about giving birth on the side of the road in a blizzard. I think this one is still too early for me, but you never know. 
  • @mamaof5already Did you have a talk with your mom about the issues you've noticed? 
  • We’re doing wainscoting in the nursery and it all arrived on our front porch today. My dad needs to help my husband install it because DH is a newbie in those sorts of things. My dad said he’ll be down to install it this weekend. Soooo we have 2 days to paint all of it. Oh happy day. I’m glad it’s getting done soon but there’s just a lot of work to get done!
  • @lainikins we must live near each other, we're in that range too. Thankfully we are very close (about a mile) from the hospital, but it sounds like it's going to be really bad here and I'm worried about even keeping our car cleared off! 
  • @psm2462, yeah, you are lucky you are so close to the hospital. We are about a half hour away. I have had no signs of preterm labor, so I am not overly concerned, but I did ask my husband to keep the driveway fairly cleared. He laughed at me... I am just hopeful that we do not loose power. I don’t want to entertain a 5 year old with no power all day. Good luck tomorrow! 
  • lainikins said:
    psm2462 said:
    Yes! I am nervous too! I am in the 12-18” range. I have had anxiety the whole time about giving birth on the side of the road in a blizzard. I think this one is still too early for me, but you never know. 
    I have this same fear about going into labor in a blizzard!

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• lainikins said:
    psm2462 said:
    I’m in the 12-18inch range too. Pretty much the heart of the storm and my hospital is an hour away. I mean I could deliver down the street in an emergency but I really don’t trust the hospitals near me. I think In a blizzard with a state of emergency you’re actually supposed to call for an ambulance instead of trying to make it yourself. I could be wrong but I have heard that before.