February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms Dec 26-31*

Re: Weekly Randoms Dec 26-31*

• Options
    I had my growth ultrasound today. Baby’s head is in the 98th percentile. Excuse me while I go cry for my poor vagina. 
    My LO's head is measuring a week ahead (which is typical of babies in my family). I too, am scared for my vagina.
    Mine is measuring 3 weeks ahead. And of course now he’s no longer breech. Flip back around and get me a c-section!  :D

My husband has some big dudes on his side of the family. My FIL in particular is 6’5” and his head is quite large. I’m assuming this is where my poor baby’s large noggin is coming from because my dad and husband both have smaller heads. The rest of his body is measuring on track so good luck holding that head up, kid  :D
  • Options
    I had my growth ultrasound today. Baby’s head is in the 98th percentile. Excuse me while I go cry for my poor vagina. 
    I held my breath when they did this measurement.  I was relieved to see it was average.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an ultrasound today—baby is measuring 34+ weeks. I am 31+3. His head is in the 98%. I am a bit terrified. My doctor did say that I would be induced or schedule a c-section at 29 weeks. @kristinl492 I am concerned for both of our vaginas  :#
  • Options
    @chucksmom15 I was not expecting it. Like at all.
  • Options
    @Aeml1985 you’re in Alberta right?! I’m down by Calgary and this weather is so hard! Feeling so cooped up, can’t imagine how it is with a toddler. I don’t have any suggestions, but just wanted to say that I’m feeling your pain! It’s supposed to get better by Monday!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Aeml1985 said:
    Ultrasounds are notorious for being wrong by a big margin in the 3rd tri, I wouldn't put too much stock into those measurements. 

Its minus 30 Celsius here today. Minus 43 with the wind. I think that's roughly the same in F. I'm running out of things to do with DD in the house. There's only so much painting and play doh I can handle and we really do try and limit screen time. Any suggestions? She's 2.5 almost 3. Yesterday we went to McDonald's for a smoothie/coffee and the indoor play place, it was a gong show between the weather and Christmas break, but I NEEDED out of the house
    DD (turned two in August) enjoys baking with me, pretend tea parties with water, finger painting (home made safe recipes on Pinterest), hide and seek, dress up, and baths are great and take up time as well! Good luck I know it’s exhausting. I end up going out most days bc staying home is harder. Lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Aeml1985 Ugh I feel you, this is my first winter with a toddler and we are going stir crazy already too. I don’t even try to limit tv time at this point because I literally have no ideas to keep him entertained for more than 5 min at a time (he’s only 1.5) and he runs me all over the house right now which is getting very hard at 8 months pregnant...

I have been finding that there are a lot of churches and nature centers that have free or very cheap indoor play areas for kids in the community, so I’m thinking of checking a few of those out in the next couple of weeks. Maybe you have some in your area? I know that doesn’t help with staying in the house, but another idea besides McDs I guess for things to do. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @pandappanderson are you?! I'm in edmonton. 

@Starynightsky24 I never even thought of finger painting, that's a great idea 

@winnie1122 we went to the library today, and that took up some time, I miss all the free programs they had for kids under 2, that was always my go to. There is a nature center here that's pretty affordable, I'll have to keep that in mind. It just seems silly to have to leave the house everyday and spend $10+ to go to a play place
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    @clc515 Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    Happy birthday @clc515 !!
  • Options
    Aeml1985 said:
    Ultrasounds are notorious for being wrong by a big margin in the 3rd tri, I wouldn't put too much stock into those measurements. 

Its minus 30 Celsius here today. Minus 43 with the wind. I think that's roughly the same in F. I'm running out of things to do with DD in the house. There's only so much painting and play doh I can handle and we really do try and limit screen time. Any suggestions? She's 2.5 almost 3. Yesterday we went to McDonald's for a smoothie/coffee and the indoor play place, it was a gong show between the weather and Christmas break, but I NEEDED out of the house
    I’m aware of the room for error on ultrasound, I’m an ultrasound tech  ;). It was just a shock to see such a difference between his body and head. My first thought was to worry about the asymmetrical growth but my radiologist isn’t worried about it. 

On an unrelated note, I can’t stand this Bump app lately. My autocorrect in it is ridiculous for some reason, it tries to capitalize the dumbest things and corrects my words to the complete wrong thing. Not to mention having to hit the back button 30 million times. So annoying! 
  • Options
    @clc515 Happy birthday! I always love birthday snow too!

@kristinl492 the app has been glitchy for me too, but I almost exclusively mobile bump. Hitting the link under the reply box for February 2018 Moms has saved my sanity a bit because hitting the back button would boot me out of the board every time.
  • Options
    @clc515 Happy Birthday! 

@kristinl492 Yes! The autocorrect here will change some of the things I type into completely different words, even with no misspellings. The worst is contractions. I'll changes to I'llama and We're goes to we'really. Such a pain to go back and fix everything, plus often times it will autocorrect what I fixed.
  • Options
    @clc515 happy birthday!
  • Options
    Happy birthday @clc515!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    I've noticed the boards get really dead after babies have started being born,  where does everyone go? Do they just fade away into cyberspace? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @clc515!!!
  • Options
    I've noticed the boards get really dead after babies have started being born,  where does everyone go? Do they just fade away into cyberspace? 
    I hate to even bring it up but do we need to start the dreaded Facebook group conversation?  
  • Options
    @gingermama26 oh that’s so much easier!!
  • Options
    I think it's a mix of people migrating to an easier platform like Facebook and just being busy postpartum with a newborn.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, @clc515! Hope you have a great day!

As for board migration, the majority of my past due date boards moved to FB toward the end of the pregnancy or shortly after giving birth. I have another F18 board that moved to FB at the 5/6th month mark, and another that's still on what used to be TCF, though it's a Jan/Feb board. TB boards don't seem as active as they used to be pre-mass exodus. There are often growing pains and implosions with migration to FB, at least for my bump boards.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    Happy Birthday @clc515 what are you plans to celebrate?  I’m over here laughing at the people plowing our quarter inch of snow on the Baltimore/Dc area. 
  • Options
    My last BMB mostly moved to FB, except a handful of us who stayed on here and got close. Now the few that stayed have a private bump group so we can post pics and use real names a little more freely. I personally feel a little weird about FB groups (plus I wasn’t cool enough to get an invite to my last BMBs group I guess) so I have enjoyed the tiny group of us who stayed together on the board for the past couple of years. 

Random/vent: Nesting is a cruel joke when this pregnant. All I can see when I look around the house is cleaning that needs done and projects I want to do and clutter that needs purged, but I’m so uncomfortably huge that I can’t do anything easily or without help, so I just have to sit and stare at all my to do lists that I physically cannot check off anymore. DH is barely home (PhD student) and when he is he either needs to take a break or he is studying. DS is starting to forego naps and is getting to the age of being able to get into everything and climb on things and open doors, so I have to chase him and keep a hawk’s eye on him at all times, so that alone means nothing is going to get done before this baby gets here. Even when I can get a grandma to babysit I am so limited on what I can even do it’s kind of pointless. Ughhhhh. So frustrating. Also I should be working harder in my business to actually contribute financially, so that’s another thing that I’m failing miserably at. Double ugh. I wish I could hire a deep cleaner and professional organizer, and have it all done in a couple of days!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @Aeml1985 I grew up in Fort Saskatchewan, just north of Edmonton!! My whole family is in the Edmonton area. My husband and I moved to Airdrie last year. 

@winnie1122 I hear you on the projects! I have a list of things I really want to get done around the house but have absolutely no energy. My husband is a pilot so he’s out of town a lot, and he’s scheduled to work all his shifts in the first half of the month so he can be off for baby, which means he will not be around to help at all. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @clc515 Happy birthday!

@winnie1122 I want to nest so badly and yet I'm so tired. The other night I finally got my over the closet shoe organizer and picked up all the shoes that were on our floor. (Our bedroom is a remodeled pantry and our closet is only slightly larger than a broom closet with a door that has to be wedged open and zero light even during the day despite the stick up lights we have on the wall. Getting shoes in and out of its dark recesses is an exercise in futility.) I then vaccummed and threw away papers that were under our dresser. Our room is officially clean and ready for the baby and it feels awesome. I just feel like that was the last of my reserves for nesting. Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    Happy birthday, @clc515!

my BMBs moved to FB prior to delivery. The boards here got pretty dead after that.
  • Options
    My last BMB I don’t even remember what we did but I think we should consider starting the discussion. I know some of us our delivering in the next few weeks and the bump app is only irritating me more and more!
  • Options
    My last BMB switched to a secret FB group and instagram around this time since we had a few births by now and FB was easier. We also had a smaller FB group that was started for just a few of us around the beginning of the third tri.
    I am ok starting the discussing now/soon because frankly the bump app only works 50% and is so frustrating. 
  • Options
    I vote for the fb group too 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    The ease of FB would be a nice change... 

Anywho, my random for the day.. I am sick and cold, so I am taking a bath with a giant mug of hot tea and a pbj. My DD is also sick and napping, but the boys are being babysat by Animal Mechanicals on tv. I feel like baths make everything better.
  • Options
    I'd like a Facebook group! As a FTM, it'd be a nice resource (or at least a reminder that others are in a similar boat) after the beebies come.
  • Options
    +1 for Facebook discussion...TB is glitchy as hell. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DH: 32
    Me: 31
    Baby #1: BFP 1/30/14, EDD 9/28/14, natural MC @ 6 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 8/1/2014, EDD 4/9/2015, It's a GIRL: Addison Elizabeth!

• Options
    I'm also in favor of discussing the facebook group. Agreed with everyone else about the irritating glitchiness of TB lately.
  • Options
    My March group moved around this time. I facilitated the move and with a couple of others we kind of went through people who wanted to join and made a group decision based on if we thought they participated here enough or if we felt they were randos or AWs. 

I enjoy our FB group, we run it similar to here. We have an AW thread, a Vent thread, a Random thread etc. at first we just had everyone posting whatever and it was kind of overwhelming. 

We also have a set of rules like no talking politics, no controversial topics etc.