February 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms Dec 26-31*

clc515clc515 member
edited December 2017 in February 2018 Moms
*A bit late cuz of holidays and all... but last week of the year!

What's on your mind? 

Re: Weekly Randoms Dec 26-31*

• At work today.  I should be knocking so much out to finish up projects I need to get done before I go on ML but I'm so distracted.  
  • Also at work, and it's SO quiet both here and online! I should be catching up, too, but I'm also still in holiday relaxed and lazy mode lol.  I did just ask HR for whatever paperwork I need to prep for maternity leave, so that was productive right!
  • Loading the player...
  • DS and I are sick. Incredibly sick. So there’s that. I also feel like a horrible human being because all he keeps askin for is to cuddle with mama but he keeps puking on me and I can’t take it so then I puke and DH had to go to work today. Is it 3:30 yet? I need a break. I might cough this baby out. The RLP when I cough is so deep and hurts so bad I have to tuck into a fetal position and hold under my belly when I cough. Fun times. 
  • 3plus1equals43plus1equals4 member
    edited December 2017
    We are trying to buy my grandparents house, but it has roof damage from the hurricane here in FL and no one can repair it before June (that's how backed up they are doing 3-5 roofs a week.)

That is the only hold up on being able to pass appraisal/mortgage closing.  Oh, and our apt lease ends the end of May. I am just stressed. 
  • @SunflowerMama428 awww I hope you and DS feel better. That sounds miserable!  :(
  • @SunflowerMama428 I hope you both feel better soon! Being sick sucks. Being sick and pregnant REALLY sucks. I’ve been dealing with a cold since Friday and I think I strained The muscle near my belly button from coughing. When I cough, I’m curled up in the fetal position holding my belly button.
  • Hope you feel better @SunflowerMama428!!  The flu and a stomach bug are going around here.  Terrified of getting it.

That sucks about the house @3plus1equals4!! I'm guessing the won't make a concession on the closing knowing what the market for roof repair is like?

Ive been snooping their birth announcements too @3plus1equals4.  All those things plus bakeries are starting to put King cakes out for Mardi Gras has me feeling the same way.  Mardi Gras day is Feb 13th and that's almost a week after my due date.
  • Megzb510Megzb510 member
    edited December 2017
    February does feel like it’s coming fast! I mentioned this somewhere else on here I already bought  a Valentine’s Day bib cuz baby will be here by then and I already got a kids bday party invite for a pool party  2/11 that I’m 99% sure I won’t be wanting to take DS to. I have less than 20 days of work and a couple of them are work from home days so it really does feel like time is winding down. Hence me making nesting to-do lists while it was quiet at work of all the random junk drawers I need cleaned at home. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're almost to the point where we can say "Next month is our month!" I told H that little guy will be here in 5.5 weeks. We haven't bought a thing, but that's mostly because my cousin is giving me a lot of her boy clothes and my mom and MIL plan to take us shopping. And we're huge procrastinators. 

My ds2 turns 8 today. Kwanzaa baby! He's visiting his dad, so we'll celebrate after he returns.

((hugs))) for those who are sick. I saw a lot of friends come down with nasty bugs these last couple days. One of my kids got sick just before going on winter break and dd3 had croup last weekend. We're all hopefully at the tail-end of it. It sucks.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• @SunflowerMama428 hope you feel better soon and your son as well!  Puking is much easier once they can make it to the toilet. 

I got got my hair cut today. Didn’t tell SO. Gonna see how long it takes him to notice since I got a good six inches chopped. 

Also...target baby clothes clearance...is dangerous. 
  • @smorzandoj DH called to check on me so I told him about this shit show that was DS and I and he asked me why I wasn’t having him throw up in the toilet. Umm I can’t even get him to poop in the potty and you want to make it sound like it’s so easy to get him to the toilet in time to puke. Lol oh he’s in for a surprise when I pass DS off to him when he gets home. DS clings to both of us so at least I get a break. 
  • @SunflowerMama428 Hope you all feel better! 

@3plus1equals4 Hope the house situation gets resolved sooner than later! Also I thought I was the only one snooping the Dec/Jan birth announcements lol. I'm actually looking a lot at outfits, too, to get ideas of what photographs well. Since it's a lazy day at work, I'm also shopping for what birth announcements I want to order, too haha. 
  • About half way through yesterday’s festivities I felt a sharp pain down my right leg. It felt like a cramp at first but it was worse and it hasn’t gone away! I’ve looked up the symptoms and it looks like the way the baby is sitting, she pinched my sciatic nerve.  :s:s I go back to my doctor a week from today!! I’m struggling to keep up with my toddler!  

Anyone have experience with this? Any advice would be great! 
  • @RachelR17 get a pregnancy brace. Not just a belt but the one that’s a two part system to secure your entire belly. They sell them on Amazon. I got mine for 16 bucks. It will elevate the pressure on your nerve. Also a warm heating pad and some Tylenol if it’s really bad. Sometimes I can’t walk without my brace because it’s so bad. Oh and kegel exercises.  Strengthening your pelvic floor will also take some pressure off the nerve.
  • @3plus1equals4 , thanks for that suggestion!  (I am on modified bedrest, and that was a fun way to pass some time today :) )
  • DH is down with a stomach bug today and I’ve quarantined him in our bedroom so hopefully DS and I don’t get it. Ugh. I don’t even want to imagine dealing with that (sorry you are @SunflowerMama428!) DS has already been fighting a cold of some sort that DH had last week. I feel bad that DH has been so miserable, but I’m so pregnant at this point it’s hard to be very helpful. I had to run to the store for stuff for him today and it is freezing cold and I’m waddling and don’t fit in coats so it was just the worst. I’m super thankful DS got some really nice interactive toys from grandparents that have been keeping him busy today so I can recuperate from the craziness of the holiday.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @SunflowerMama428 hope you and ds feel better soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • 3plus1equals43plus1equals4 member
    edited December 2017
    @chucksmom15 no concession on the mortgage closing because it  isnt allowed to be escrowed on the loan type we are getting. We may see if we can do the remodel before closing

@clc515 I didn't look at the outfits!  Time to go back through. We want to use a crocheted blanket my mom made as the background, so I have to find something that photographs well in the right color scheme
  • Feel better @SunflowerMama428. That sounds awful—hopefully it’s shortlived! 

Im due at the very end of the month, so I’m trying not to get *too* excited. I’ve still got a long way to go  :# But I am excited to say, “due next month!”—maybe people won’t be such assholes about “how big I am”. 
  • Ugh the stomach bug is the worst. My 2 y.o got it last weekend... naturally my DH was gone for work. I stripped the bed 3x in the middle of the night and he even got a midnight bath. I gagged so bad cleaning it all up, while trying to comfort DS.

I agree we are getting so close! I was doing an inventory of things we still need, and our list is getting pretty small. I need to order the going home outfit
  • Oh man! Sorry to @SunflowerMama428 and everyone else who is under the weather. DH was sick over Christmas and actually missed the festivities with his dad and siblings. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get it. 

On a random note - I was chatting name potentials for the grandparents with DH's stepmom last night. She's going to let MIL choose first to avoid stepping on toes (I'm guessing MIL will be a simple grandma), but step-MIL said she didn't want granny (too old) or nana (FIL's mom was nana and it has too much history for that side of the family).  I'm guessing it'll just wind up being grandpa and grandma <first name> since FIL and her are married and it just makes sense, but does any one have other suggestions? (Both of my parents are gone, so it's just the one side of the family to name.)

• Oh man! Sorry to @SunflowerMama428 and everyone else who is under the weather. DH was sick over Christmas and actually missed the festivities with his dad and siblings. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get it. 

On a random note - I was chatting name potentials for the grandparents with DH's stepmom last night. She's going to let MIL choose first to avoid stepping on toes (I'm guessing MIL will be a simple grandma), but step-MIL said she didn't want granny (too old) or nana (FIL's mom was nana and it has too much history for that side of the family).  I'm guessing it'll just wind up being grandpa and grandma <first name> since FIL and her are married and it just makes sense, but does any one have other suggestions? (Both of my parents are gone, so it's just the one side of the family to name.)

We are having them be called grandma/ pa last name. 
    Traditional. It's what I called my grandparents and I'm not giving MIL a choice.  

My grandmother's were both "Grandma last name" when talking about them or "Grandma" when talking to them. My kids do the same but "great-grandma". My mom was already "Nana" from my nieces and nephews so that was easy.

Inlaws have been a headache. My step-MIL picked "grandma", MIL picked "Nonni", and DH's grandma picked "GGma" as a shortened great-grandma. MIL is now also a "Grandma" because she decided she wanted to change it after our first was born and gets fussy that she and step-MIL are the same and that the kids often use "Grandma first name" instead of just her being "Grandma." DH's grandma also decided she doesn't like "GGma" and wants my kids to call her "Gigi" (decided this after 5 years of my kids knowing her as GGma) but now goes by "Nana" 2 years later with my BIL's kids and talks about how sweet it is because her grandmother was Nana... 

Good luck. :/ Idk why it has to be such a fuss for some people to choose their grandparent name without drama.
  •  ldawngirl781 said:
    Oh man! Sorry to @SunflowerMama428 and everyone else who is under the weather. DH was sick over Christmas and actually missed the festivities with his dad and siblings. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get it. 

We haven't breached the subject of what to call the grandparents yet. Normally, Filipinos call the grandparents Lolo and Lola, but my mom doesn't want to feel old and has my nephew call her Lala. I'm tempted to teach our kid to say Lola just to irk her lmao (I have mommy issues ha). I also never called my mom's husband anything other than "bob" , so not sure how that'll go either lol. I wonder if MIL will go by Nunna (or however you spell it), but I'll let DH handle that side of the house ha.

I called my moms parents Maw Maw and Paw Paw ( it's a southern thing).  My in laws want Grandma and Grandpa last name bc that's what the other 14 grandkids call them.  I've told all 4 of them we'll roll with that but he's going to call them whatever he wants.  My SIL's nieces and nephews call her Goggy bc that's what the oldest started saying.  Who knows??

ldawngirl781 - My older kids call my parents Grandma/Grandpa (but aren't close to my father and always lived far away, so they don't have a real relationship with him) and ex-h's parents are Mam-maw and Pap-paw to the other grandchildren, so that's how they know them (but have spent very little or no time around them). But with dd3, I had a feeling MIL would want to be Grandma. My mom has always been Grandma. Then we decided on Grandma [first name] for MIL. My mom also decided she'd try to go by Gigi to make it easier for all of the kids. She actually prefers it. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

Dh's parents are Oma and Opa (his mom is from Germany). My mom is Grandma. My father is deceased,  but when we refer to him he is Grandpa Lastname. 

My older kids also had a Grammy first name -y , a Bumpa And Nana, a traveling granny or grandma first name, and a grandpa first name, and one grandma that just hours by her first name.

. With divorced and remarries it gets complicated sometimes and the oldest grandchild often names the grandparent by what they can say,  or what the grandparent calls themselves. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • My dad really wanted papaw for some reason ( I think he picked this out years ago when I was born) so my mom goes by mamaw since it “matches” I have also taught my DS to say granny because it annoys my mom: D he used to just call her”purple” up until about 2 months ago. 

My IL ( who my son only sees a couple times a year) tried to get my DS to call them mamaw and papaw last month at his bday party and DS sternly let them know that was not their name ( I may have enjoyed that too much). I am guessing they will Be grandma/pa last name but he currently doesn’t have a name for them
  • @ldawngirl781 my son calls my parents grandma and papa. He calls my new inlaws papa and grammy, he calls his fathers parents grandpy and grammy. It gets kind of confusing but he named everyone on his own so I told them to deal with what he calls them. He has a speech delay so I told them they were lucky he was calling them anything at all. 

• DH's parents have been grandparents for many years (his sister is a lot older and had children much younger), and they are Nana and Grampa.  My mom has decided to be a Grammy (which is what we grew up with), but my dad hasn't made a choice yet.  We grew up with Grampas, but I would love for him to choose something different, since both sets of grandparents live within a half hour and will most certainly be all together often, plus I think it's easier to know who we're all talking about with 4 different names.  I like Papa, but we'll see.
  • My great-grandfather was a grandfather at 45 and he was so vain about being "young" that he refused to be called grampa, so he was called "Daddy [his first name]" and my great-grandmother was "Mommy [his first name]". When my parents were picking out their names I thought my mom would also object to being called grandma because she's also vain about being "old," so I suggested "Mama [her first name]" and my dad being "Papa [his first name]." They already decided on Nono and Nona though. But I like my suggestions :)
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• My parents will be Nana and Papa and IL’s will be grandma and grandpa. Where we have trouble is MY grandparents. They want to be called Grand-mere and grand-Pere. We aren’t French. At all. It makes no sense. And the bazillion other great grandkids call them that but my immediate family (my brother and sister) also refuse to give in to the ridiculousness and have their kids call them great Nana and great grandad. And my grandparents make SUCH A FUSS about it. 

And its just like. WE ARENT FRENCH. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My LO will be grandchild #6 on my side and #5 on DH's side so the names for the grandparents have already been established by our nieces and nephews. My side goes by Grandma and Poppi. DH's side is Nana and Poppi. 
  • I have 2 nephews so my parents are Nana and Pops, everybody calls my grandparents something different. I'm not sure what my ILs will be called, we haven't talked about it and probably won't. 
  • August has another Ramzi thread.  Not exciting just yet but 

I wanted to butt in with a Mr. Peanut gif. And point out all the personal information she unwittingly shared in the photo.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Thanks @chucksmom15 for heads up! 
  • Thanks all for the grandparents name comments!
  • @chucksmom15 The Ramzi thread has been changed to 1 with the OP changing her question to 11. Funny stuff!