June 2018 Moms

Introductions (Part 2)

Re: Introductions (Part 2)

• Loading the player...
  • @itsuhmanduhhh Welcome and congrats!! This is my second and I've had a lot more anxiety this time around than the first time. I think a lot of it is because with my daughter I was working full time teaching preschool, then I would come home, make dinner, and go to sleep- so I didn't have a lot of down time to think about what was going on in my uterus. I'm now a SAHM so my mind isn't so preoccupied with work and what tasks I need to prepare and get done, so naturally I spend more time thinking about the baby and what could potentially go wrong. I pretty much just try to keep as busy as possible- My daughter goes to gym classes twice a week and in between I try to plan other fun outings so we are rarely just sitting at home. Try not to spend a lot of time online because it's so easy to Google things that could go wrong and freak yourself out. Not sure if that helps but it works for me! Hope everything goes well at your first appointment! :)
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @itsuhmanduhhh I am also a FTM living in the midwest! My EDD is 6/23 and I feel the same way about possible complications! I think it is because of everything I have come across online on "what to expect" forums and websites which often bring up the different complications and risks that can occur. I too am anxiously awaiting my first US appt which isnt until around my 12 week mark on 12/11. It is scary but I have been telling myself I just have to take it one day at a time and pray everything works out okay (some days that works lol). Congrats!!
    26 y/o FTM (biologically)
    1 Child - Son - 9 y/o
    Married - DH 27 y/o 
    BFP: 10/13/17
    EDD: 6/22/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies - I'm 8wks today. EDD is 6/30/2018. This is my third baby. I've been sick as a dog since week 6. I have my ultrasound appt tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous. I'm looking forward to the MS being gone (hopefully soon) and to being back on the bump with you awesome ladies! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • MamaDaboMamaDabo member
    edited November 2017
    My name is Sarah Mekonnen  and I am the proud mama of a bubbly, vivacious, hysterically witty  two-year-old little girl. My husband and I serve full-time as missionaries at a residential Christian school for children in need from the US and all over the world.  We are hall parents for middle school young men, he coaches men's soccer, and I teach middle school English.   After waiting much longer than we would've wanted to due to a trip to Ethiopia to visit my husband's family, we conceived and then lost our long-awaited second baby in August. We found out about this rainbow baby on October 10th and hope to meet him or her at the end of June.
    "Courage, dear heart!" (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)
  • Hello hello!!

Due date is 6/29. Got a really faint positive 10/17 because I'm impatient and couldn't wait to take the test. Turned very positive by that Friday (10/20?) when period was due.

First time mom, with the exception of two (older) stepkiddos. 

Thought I'd be so excited to share the news but now...I kind of hate the idea of being the center of attention. Going to try and wait until Christmas to tell anyone.
  • Hello. Got my BFP on Oct 9th.  EDD would be June 11 2018.iam a STM. 
  • @caro07-06 so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom.  Welcome to the board :)
  • @helenbz that's amazing that your employer will let you bring your baby to work! That's like the best of both worlds :) Hopefully you still get some time off before having to go back with baby.
  • @Katek819 I’m from DE too! Welcome!
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @TravelingCouple Right!? I’m not sure how it will work. Alaskan culture is very child friendly and I always see babies at conferences or meetings. I’m just worried I won’t be able to concentrate...I suppose with a baby your attention is always split, no matter if they are there or not. :)
  • @Katek819 I'm also from the 302. Moved to Wisconsin earlier this year but I'm coming home for Christmas (and hopefully frequently once baby is here). 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  •    Hi y'all! DH and I are both 27. We've been married for three beautiful years and trying for this miracle since Dec '16. We're due June 26th.
       This is my second pregnancy, we had an early miscarriage in March of this year, so my anxiety levels have been pretty much through the roof. Doc assured me that all is well with this little gummy bear and as the second trimester draws nearer, I've been able to exhale a bit deeper.
       I'm excited to get to know you all!
  • Hi everyone, I’m Patricia, FTM. We fell pregnant using IVF and are thrilled to be having a baby girl in June. 

We had spent many years trying naturally so we feel so fortunate to have finally conceived.

IM an older FTM at 40years so my pregnancy comes with a few extra sensitivities but we got through the first hurdle unscathed and are hoping for a mostly uneventful 2nd and 3rd trimester. 

I work in web platform/technology and my husband is a banker. We are from Toronto. 
  • Hello, my name is Dayna and I am here as a TTM. My BFP happened on September 28 giving me a due date of 3 June based on LMP. This is our surprise baby and our last baby after DH gets the snip ✂️. I have 2 DS and hoping for my first DD