April 2018 Moms

Tell us about your holidays!!

What was your favorite part? 

What was your least favorite part? 

What did you get your SO? kids? 

What was the favorite gift you received?

What’s your favorite thing about the holidays in general? 

Re: Tell us about your holidays!!

• Loading the player...
  • irenejeanirenejean member
    edited December 2017
    @luna8433 and @dirtyboots I use a lot of instant pot recipes from skinnytaste.com. You can filter her recipes to those that use a pressure cooker. My instant pot soups from her are the chicken enchilada soup and the lentil soup. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • irenejean said:
    @luna8433 and @dirtyboots I use a lot of instant pot recipes from skinnytaste.com. You can filter her recipes to those that use a pressure cooker. My instant pot soups from her are the chicken enchilada soup and the lentil soup. 
    This is great thanks for sharing!! We got a pressure cooker as well 
  • What was your favorite part? 
    It was a wonderful day all around! My favorite part was we didn't have as much running around because my ILs are away. DD said thank you after every gift and at my dad's even excused herself to take a break because she felt as though she had too many gifts. 

Cutting DD's nap short.

DH got a new graphics card for his computer. DD got an activity table and Calico Critters.

My stepmom thinks of creative ways to give us money, so she had put all of our mementos she saved from one year of our elementary school life in a box and we had to find the report card, which had the money in it. We all (7 siblings total) sat and laughed and reminisced for a good hour about the memories it brought up!

The feeling of Christmas in the air and just being jolly through giving.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Getting back home. We traveled to visit MH's family in CA.

Having to go to the grocery store on Christmas eve, because I was informed that day there would be no food for me the whole weekend. I'm vegetarian and don't eat a lot of dairy.

I got MH a steel drum earlier this year for birthday/Christmas. Also got him a nice set of LOTR books and slippers.

MH surprised me with a puppy! We went to meet her yesterday.

I like to hang out with my family. We play games and talk. Its super casual (whoever is hosting is usually still in pajamas).
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Presents! Specifically from my grandparents. They are the absolute sweetest people ever and it's so fun to watch everyone open things and get so excited!

2 things. Being sick (thought it was a cold, turns out it was strep! Probably wouldn't have visited family had we known that...). And then my white dad and brown husband got into a fight over dessert over if colorblindness was racist or not. Hearing a privileged white man tell a brown man that racism isn't real and thay white men face just as much racism these days would have been hilarious if it wasn't so painful. Dad and I will definitely be having a serious talk about this before the babies come. 

I got my husband a kitchen knife sharpening set and a movie and CD he had his eye on.

My grandma knitted each of the twins a beautiful blanket. Those will be cherished for a very long time.

DH having time off of work that we can spend together! And again spending time with my grandparents. Ironically, grandpa (dad's white stepdad) was the one who stood up for DH the most in aforementioned argument. And grandma of course just gave DH lots of hugs and made sure to tell him she loved him. They definitely help balance the crazy.
  • @nmtay That's AWFUL! I'm sorry your DH had to deal with that!!
    Food!   Portuguese pickled pork and sweet bread! 
    My aunt has given me the cold shoulder and I have no idea why.  I’ve tried calling and texting her several times over the past few months and no response. The Worst now being she skipped dds birthday party (we held it in my hometown town where she lives, which is 2 hours from us, just so my family could be included since we wouldn’t be there for Christmas). She’s never missed one of my cousins parties. And I’m not so upset that she skipped it as she literally never called or told anyone she wasn’t coming. Now I miss a lot of family things because we live two hours away and she constantly complains she doesn’t get to see my kids when we do. Plus she had already told my grandma (who was hosting) she would be there.  Then she posts on Facebook a picture of my brother and his wife saying how my mom is going to be so excited for her first grand baby with her last name to be born in April.  Ouch. That hurt!  I didn’t realize in my aunts eyes my mom would think less of my kids because they have DHs last name!  
    (sadly my brother and his wife also live two hours away and miss just as many events as we do but in her eyes can do no wrong!!) 

Dh and I didn’t exchange gifts but we had a kid free week after Xmas (inlaws babysat since dd was out of school). We went on a few date nights and slept in (until 6;30!!) all week.  My favorite gifts to the kids were downhill skiing lessons for DD and ds got the Paw Patrol sea patroller which he has been playing with nonstop!! 

Dhs Family knows me so well!  I got a total of $140 to spend at Barnes and noble!  I just picked up the illustrated version of HP & the sorcerers stone. I can’t wait to start reading it with dd! 

Seeing my kids smile. Slowing down and enjoying together time. 
  • @riversdoctor
    I am sorry to hear about your aunt's cold shoulder. I hate when family isn't honest about their feelings. Life is too short to waste time being angry with each other.