August 2018 Moms

Let's share our ideas for telling family about baby over the holidays

13»

Re: Let's share our ideas for telling family about baby over the holidays

• ecwk said:
    For anyone waiting until second tri to announce, or if you're waiting to announce to more people, that'll be right around Valentine's Day, I bet there are some cute things that could be done for that too!!

edit autocorrect 

YES, I was totally thinking this originally! But I looked and I will be 13 weeks January 24, so I doubt I will be able to wait the extra 3 weeks to announce on social media (especially with how early I think I am/will be showing with #3). I love the idea of V-day announcements though!! Can't wait to see what other ladies do!

• We plan on sharing with (at least) my bff and J's mom/dad and my mom/dad over the Christmas holiday. It's still so early, and I'm nervous about sharing, but I've had two previous losses (one before DS and one after) and I like having the support should anything happen. 
    My first u/s is this Thursday and I'm planning on printing it out and typing something on it like "sorry, this package has been backordered till Aug '18" .. or something similar. I'd to incorporate DS too though, so I'm still considering different ideas.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m probably just going to tell my parents out loud when we are opening gifts. I’ll only be 5 weeks and we won’t be going for our appointments til mid-January, so I won’t have anything to show. We won’t tell anyone else yet. 

Last time, we had our first ultrasound right before Christmas and we framed it and wrapped it and kept re-wrapping it for parents and grandparents. 
  • We don't see my parents often and I doubt my husband could wait any longer than we already have to keep it quiet, so we're wrapping these ornaments to have them open during present time on Christmas day (or, in his parents case, when we celebrate Christmas a few days later). I know his parents will cry (actually -SOB HYSTERICALLY if we're being honest..) but I seriously have no clue how my parents and siblings will react..

• kcdo1010kcdo1010 member
    edited December 2017
    I’m only 5w today, so won’t be sharing with family. I’ll more so be hiding from them so they don’t grill me about drinking. I causally lied to my SIL that I started 21DF this week, so no booze for 21 days