March 2018 Moms

It Made My Day (IMMD) - December

2»

Re: It Made My Day (IMMD) - December

• @bb3vj3n your story made my day. So often society disregards children because they are young. To hear you treat him like any other customer makes my heart melt. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cford08 what did you guys pick?
  • @bravoandprosecco, umm not horrible but not great. He took 2 hours to fall asleep, and then fell out of bed twice. Luckily he wasn't hurt. My parents are bringing over a couple of rails they have that we can try with the bed. He would be fine if he laid in the middle of the bed. But he insists on lying on the edge of the bed. So we have some work to do. Thanks for asking though!
  • @justkeeptrying when we moved DS (2) into his big boy bed, he fell out a couple of times. I just lined the side of the bed with a pillow and he was fine after that. If it had kept happening, I would have just put a big Costco Bear next to the bed for him to fall on. Lol. 
  • @mdfarmchick, I was surprised he fell because he didn't seem to move around much in his toddler bed. But I realized that we flipped which way he sleeps. So now instead of facing out, he's facing the wall. I think it's throwing him off and he doesn't want to lay too close to the wall? Maybe he feels claustrophobic? I don't know. Either way, I really tried to encourage him to sleep closer to the middle of the bed tonight. He did great at naptime, so here's hoping tonight goes better! He does have a little rug by his bed, so that'll at least help ease his fall. But it just feels so high for him to fall from. He's still so little in his mama's eyes!
  • @cford08 That is like my dream nursery and have that picture on my phone! I want that wall sooo bad. We are doing those colors with some wood and metal accents, but we're currently in a rent house and will only be there for 1 more year so we didn't want to paint or put anything crazy on the walls that we would just shortly have to take down. I guess our 2nd child will get it  ;)
  • Yesterday we actually went and ordered Emma’s nursery furniture! My ILs are buying it all for us as a Christmas gift. They can be so generous! IMMD!
  • npkat said:
    @cford08 That is like my dream nursery and have that picture on my phone! I want that wall sooo bad. We are doing those colors with some wood and metal accents, but we're currently in a rent house and will only be there for 1 more year so we didn't want to paint or put anything crazy on the walls that we would just shortly have to take down. I guess our 2nd child will get it  ;)
    DH went crazy for the pic when he saw it. I think it's because his man cave has a wood accent wall just like it , just in a natural color. It's turning out to be not as time-consuming as I thought. Y'all could have it done with a second on the way!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @slr1229 yes to all the manners!! DD started saying thank you, too, and it is totes adorbs!!  <3
  • Every night when we lay down for bed Emma starts going crazyyy. Last night DH got to feel how strong our little lady is and he looked so amazed. It was such a sweet moment! IMMD!!
  • @hollyk224 eeek, exciting! I schedule mine next week for the last week of February. I've reminded DH of that a few times this week, and imagine that, he finally has a fire under his butt to go pick out nursery paint, haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited December 2017
    On NY day you guys can say "I am having a baby next month."

Edit to complete my damn thought
  • @DDRRT1982 that is slightly terrifying.   :#
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Just got to see my 3 week old baby cousin! Totally MMD. My younger cousin that had her looks amazing. Gives me some hope to look forward to  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My blanket and swaddles for LO 2.0 showed up today, plus I have some wall art ready to be hung and a boppy lounger and IMMD... the nursery is slowly coming together. 
  • I bought bows! I can't believe I will have another little lady to wear bows.
  • I was folding laundry in my undergarmets and my DH hugged me and said "good morning my beautiful pregnant wife".  <3<3