July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms (12/8-12/10)

Re: Weekend Randoms (12/8-12/10)

• Options
    @julesf817 that's so hard! I hope this works out for him! And you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for all the kind supportive words guys. I forgot how stressful pregnancy can be. It’s so out of our hands and there is no way to know that everything is ok :(

This morning my cold is making me feel like I can’t breathe, I feel horrible. I have an appointment at urgent care in an hour. I’m scared and stressed and I want to snuggle my 2 year old but I don’t want to get her sick  :'(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Y’all I need Christmas advice.  My family is wonderful and so generous but I’m struggling to provide ideas for DD because she already has SO MUCH CRAP!!  We’ll be moving her to a new room soon.  Any suggestions for things she might need in her new room?  I’m thinking a toy chest.  Anything else I’m missing?  I know I sound beyond spoiled, but I can’t stand the thought of more toys!
  • Options
    @tarheelgirl8 what about letting her pick out some wall art for her room, or a little play tent? DD also has everything. We are setting up a little art corner for her in her room. She’s also getting a bike. She just turned 2 so the bike might be too early but she’s great on tricycles so we’ll see.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel @wildtot best of luck I have my 10w appointment on Monday and I'm a ball of nerves. @runsomewhere remember symptoms can come and go. I also told my doctor and he reassured me. When I was so sure things went wrong my us showed otherwise. Everything will be ok :) let's stay positive.

@zombiehoohaa where in so cal are you? I'm in Orange County!I'm tired of 78f weather!

In other randoms, I just burned my finger a bit while getting muffins from the oven, ugh!

I live in North Orange County (5/57/22)!! I'm so over it, too! Plus the wind needs to leave like 2 weeks ago. Have you checked the weather for the coming week? 80's ALL flippin week. Ugh...

Fx crossed for great appointments this week!! @kissableviv @wildtot @WorkinWeezel

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Why do I put myself through watching Toy Story 3?! The ending always has me in tears!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    If my husband milks his man cold much longer I’m going to lose it! I’d feel bad for him being sick, except he freakin smokes! You’d be better already if you just quit already!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @julesf817 I'm glad you found someone to help! That has to be a weight off your shoulders!
  • Options
    I am feeling bummed I was supposed to get my hair done this weekend for some self-care but they ended up being booked solid and couldn't fit me in. I know it's small but i was really looking forward to it. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @d_marie_23 that picture is amazing!! and thanks I only go maybe once or twice a year and I go the beauty school near me but it is always just so relaxing. they are closed tomorrow so ill try and schedule it for next weekend. I told my husband that tomorrow ehen I get home from work I want to take a hot shower and take a little time for myself maybe a face mask after baby goes to bed since I am craving some pampering to make me feel a little leas frump blump and dumpy these days haha

• Options
    edited December 2017
    @runsomewhere I hope you feel better soon! FX you get help at urgent Care! 

@tarheelgirl8 I always steer people towards art supplies and books or games. Memory games and look and finds were fun for my daughter at that age, and those scissors that cut fun edges and stamps. I figure you can never have too many books and art supplies, especially if you've got family around for the holidays that will read/make things with your kiddo. Or maybe something fun you can all use together like cake decorating tips and sprinkles to decorate christmas cookies. Last Christmas I got DD a set of kitchen knives of her own that are made for kids and are sharp enough to slice a mushroom but not a hand. She's my little sous chef now, those knives and an apron were a big hit. This year I think I'll get her a kid's cook book so she can pick what we make. Hope that helps!

@lindsayleigh1989 Girl, I feel you. I haven't had a hair cut since July. I used to be an every two months girl, now I look like a mop. :( It sucks. 
  • Options
    So only one day of bedrest until I go back to the doctor to see if I can be free again.. aaand I think my toddler has the croup. So basically it looks like I may get off bedrest just in time to get sick, lol
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 that’s so disappointing! Not sure where you live but are there any drybars or something similar around? They can usually accommodate same day for blowouts/styling. Always makes me feel better to pop in and tame the hair. Was just thinking yesterday that as the nausea is lessening I really need to start trying to make myself look more presentable...
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 sometimes when we are stressed the littlest things make or break the day. I know sometimes when things don't go as planned I get a little crazy if I am already anxious or stressed. Hope you found some time to take care of yourself in a different way!
  • Options
    DH was up til 4am. My dad will be here at 9, he has a meeting at 11am, and I'm lucky DS hasn't woken up yet. We had a big talk about him not staying up late, he knows how i feel about it. He always says that sometimes its fun to drink and just be that person that he used to be back in the day, and let go of his responsibilities. I get that, but you get a night of fun and I pay for it all the next day! Rawr.
  • Options
    Btw: gspmom21 here, still haven’t figured out what’s going on with my mobile log in. 
    I’m pretty sure I had my first hormonal cry last night.
    I was laying in bed trying to sleep and I sneezed. When I sneezed I felt this extreme stabbing pain at my pant line, like right under my belly where it meets my pelvic area. 
    It hurt so bad I cried. 
    But when it stopped hurting I could not stop crying!! I told DH, “This is ridiculous! It doesn’t even hurt anymore, I just feel like crying.” 
    I was a little nervous that I would get such a sharp pain like that from a sneeze, but that was it and the waterworks wouldn’t stop!
  • Options
    @gspmom21
    You’re not alone on the painful sneezes! If I’m lying in bed or on the couch, I try to quickly shift to my side and get in the fetal position. I have NO idea why - but it helps avoid the scary stabbing abdominal pain from sneezing on my back relaxed.
  • Options
    @pretzellover I’m glad I’m not the only one, that’s such a weird thing!! I would have never thought that’d happen.

I debated on whether that belonged in the symptoms thread, but I ended up not putting it there since the crying was involved. :D
  • Options
    @smashjam has he always stayed up late or is this a recent habit he’s picked up?

Side note: finally fixed my mobile username! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @julesf817 I’m glad you got help that you need. I hope this new program works well for you guys! 

I am still in bed with a cup of tea and a book. I have a ton of stuff to do today to get ready for an out of town work trip tomorrow, but I am exhausted after a long day yesterday and I really just want to be lazy today....
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited December 2017
    @gspmom21 painful sneezes here too! I had a cough after getting over a cold and those would get painful sometimes too. Very weird! 

@SmashJam I hate that! DH will be hungover for two days when he drinks and stays or late, when I drink I get up the next morning and go on momming as usual. 
  • Options
    I never thought much about how much pregnancy really kills your immune system. It's one of those things I've heard and dismissed, never giving it much though. Then I got sick. A week in my cold was getting worse and worse, spreading to my chest, making me feel short of breath. On day 10 I finally saw a doctor. I told her I didn't understand, I was always so healthy, how is it possible to be sick for 10 days and what the hell is wrong with me. She's like "well you're pregnant." Now I have an inhaler so I can breathe and I still feel crappy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited December 2017
    @gspmom21 it has been a more recent development, picked up again from early on in DS's life/when I was pregnant. 

@acunamatada so frustrating right?

Something super weird about today, is that he's actually MAD at me for being mad at him! He was like, when am I supposed to have down time? I needed my down time! He actually insinuated that DS and I are the reason he doesn't get any of his down time because we are always busy. No. Before he went to a conference  a couple weeks ago, he would drink every friday or saturday night, all the beer he bought that day, then feel like ass the next day and sleep the whole time. I am NOT the reason you do not get things done or have time for your self. YOU ARE. Get off your lazy ass and do the stuff you want to do if we make you so damn miserable. Somehow, I have managed not to hormonally cry today I think I should get a damn award. He had to leave for a meeting and stormed out without saying bye.  

The last few times this has happened he's been much more "I'm sorry" about the whole thing, but I guess we're over that.
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert how many weeks are you again? I tried last week but probably too early but I’m pretty sure it’s the umbilical cord i can hear. It’s different from my own pulse.
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert that is so awesome! 

• Options
    Omg @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I want one! Lol my husband just gave me a stink eye for saying I wanna buy one!
  • Options
    Any movie/binge recommendations for Netflix or prime video? I’m running out of holiday cheer and I still have 4 days left in bed. 

On the bright side, I took a unisom before bed last night and the nausea is definitely reduced! I’m going to try half of one tonight because the headache I had for the first 2 hours of today was not my favorite. 
  • Options
    @wildtot I'm 10+5. I spent probably almost an hour overall (with breaks) and it took as long to find it. Very distiguishable from mine, almost double the rate. Seemed to be the secret (for my model at least) is lots and LOTS of jelly.

Thanks @lindsayleigh1989 :)

@kissableviv I didn't even talk to DH about the purchase first. It was totally on a whim. I told him yesterday when we were talking about my anxiety being high. I still didn't mention the cost though ;)
  • Options
    So just read about something called “The Husband Stitch” on your lady bits after birth. It sounds horrible!! Apparently many doctors do it without consent. 
  • Options
    @blair_krank the crown season 2 just came out :) its so good if you like historical dramas 

• Options
    wildtot said:
    So just read about something called “The Husband Stitch” on your lady bits after birth. It sounds horrible!! Apparently many doctors do it without consent. 
    I’m pretty sure this is a myth. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert yeah, then we start talking Christmas presents and he said he wants to get it for me haha, I'm guessing now he wants it for himself.

In other randoms, DH bought a bag of hot Cheetos and even though I don't like spicy I ate some. Then I passed out on the couch while watching a Christmas movie...I'm still so groggy and had to gather energy for a birthday party we are going to!

• Options
    @julesf817 i was reading some personal experiences from commenters on the article on it that really don’t make it sound like a myth. I had a c section and will be getting another so not something I’ve personally experienced but i wouldn’t be surprise if it did happen. Myth or not many still worth bringing up? I know I wouldn’t want to deal with that. 
  • Options
    julesf817julesf817 member
    edited December 2017
    wildtot said:
    @julesf817 i was reading some personal experiences from commenters on the article on it that really don’t make it sound like a myth. I had a c section and will be getting another so not something I’ve personally experienced but i wouldn’t be surprise if it did happen. Myth or not many still worth bringing up? I know I wouldn’t want to deal with that. 
    I just came upon the same article you must have read (scary mommy?) and read the comments and came back to take my comment back! I had no idea that was a thing that actually happened! My stitches were all f-ed up after my tear, i ended up going back in two weeks later and was re-stitched. But I don’t think it was because of anything like that. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @julesf817 yeah that one! Seriously crazy stuff! I told my husband and he was even like wtf?! 
  • Options
    julesf817 said:
    wildtot said:
    I just came upon the same article you must have read (scary mommy?) and read the comments and came back to take my comment back! I had no idea that was a thing that actually happened! My stitches were all f-ed up after my tear, i ended up going back in two weeks later and was re-stitched. But I don’t think it was because of anything like that. 
    Yeah no doctor is going to put in a stitch to make your vag tighter with or without your consent. Don't believe the fear mongers. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @blair_krank the crown season 2 just came out :) its so good if you like historical dramas 
    Oh yeah! I don’t know if I ever finished season 1 either, but I was liking it.