TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL Week of 11/27

2»

Re: TTCAL Week of 11/27

• Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited November 2017
    @zamora_spin - it bothered DH too. He instantly started rubbing my back.  The lady would not shut up about it.  I was thinking if you didn't want it so much why didn't one of you get fixed after #2, adopt it out, or abort.  I know that last one was horrible but I had never heard someone be so bitter about pg.  I hope she never has a loss.  I'm sure there is a meme for what my face looked like.

@dpjennifer - I'm sorry for the rough day.  Hope you hear good news on the prog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Sheesh. What a jerkface she is. I would have been tempted to shout in her face I would like to trade for her successful pregnancy, please. 
    @dpjennifer Yes, that is the key, so I hear, is to "relax" and "stay positive." People are full of crap advice. I guess they just don't know what to say. It's understandable to be bitter. I get bitter too. I hear you on the expense of IVF and the uncertainty. I am really hoping we will be able to do the risk sharing program with our RE where we would get a lot of our money back if there was no live birth, because it scares me to pay so much and not get a baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Still no word on scheduling my lap - geesh.

@vlagrl29 Still holding out some hope for you! It ain't over till AF arrives!

@shri929 My DH mught also kill me for my priming...every time a box arrives he's like "WHAT DID YOU BUY NOW?!"

@tosh24 So glad you can re-start on your next cycle! I suffer from terrible acid reflux and Zantac saved me. Hope it helps you!

@ChloandCoco My HSG was a breeze - bopw
    yours is as well.

@honeybeebub Your co-worker sounds like a real charmer. Kudos to you for refraining from throat-punching her. My 25yo niece (in-law) just announced her second pregnancy. And WHOOPS - they weren't even trying. I just can't. 
  • Options
    @cassafrass15 Ugh, FX that they can get you in for the lap soon. Yeah she is a charmer for sure. I hate the whoops annoucements or the families with like 5 kids that just have whoops again (and again). I walk on the other side of the road on the way to work because there's a firehouse with a baby safe haven sign with directions on how to drop off your newborn. The thought of it just makes me so mad, not a good way to start the day.  Although I have thought about writing in deliver your baby to: with my address..... 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

BFP: November 2014, DS born via c-section July 2015 

TTC#2 December 2016

BFP: 12/23/16- No heartbeat at 8 weeks, D&C 01/30/17 

BFP: 03/11/17- Chemical 03/15/2017

BFP: 04/17/17- Chemical 04/22/2017 

05-10/2017 - RPL Testing/Septum Resection Surgery

11/2017-03/2018 3 Natural cycles / 2 TIC w/ trigger shot 

BFP: 03/29/18, Rainbow Baby Boy Due late November/ early December 2018  <3

• Options
    eranvo27eranvo27 member
    edited December 2017
    Not much going in here. AF showed up last week which is good news. I am in a weord place. I am overweight because of my PCOS. I want to be pregnant again. So badly but I need to lose weight. I just can't find the motivation right now. 

Rant... A girl who used to work at my job came in today to visit. She brought her baby... The one that was born 8 days before my first loss. That was rough. 

We lost my step grandfather this weekend, he was 89. My dad is healing well. All of this just makes me miss my family. 

I feel like my posts are always so depressing, I'm just not "over" my losses yet. 

I am also keeping up with each of you, I just don't always have the ability to respond! 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• Options
    eranvo27 Sorry you're going through so much! I understand the need to lose weight. My RE wanted me to lose 20 lbs. before I had my biopsy... after several months I basically told him that I wanted the test and I didn't care what my weight was. It's so hard to find the continual motivation when you're so depressed and upset and so much going on. 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    Ok, more questions for you clearblue advanced OPK users 
    (also, I'm officially BSC this month for some reason, on a real mission)
    I started the OPK's on CD8 as instructed.  I had blank circles indicating low fertility CD 9, 10 and 11 and then BAM, skipped high fertility and went straight to solid smiley indicating peak on CD12 which I think is a bit early for me.  Clearblue says to not test again after this but then three days later, CD15, I noticed a *TMI small spot of blood in my underwear, freaking me out.  Then since my peak face had disappeared, I began using my clearblue kit again.  CD 16 it was negative and then today it indicated high (not peak) fertility.  I'd appreciate any input! Sorry for the novel.
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    @eranvo27 @dpjennifer I completely agree. This whole process has brought me up to my highest ever weight. A weight that I NEVER thought I would reach on my 5'2 frame. I personally found it hard to commit knowing that hopefully in a few months I would be preg anyway.  I didn't have that clicking moment until I had that high number on the scale and got some outside motivation. A girl I follow on instagram has been working at things since my first loss, she's lost something like 60lbs now - depressing knowing that I could have been a much lower weight had I commited... that was eye opening for me. It was hard to get out of the slump, but has given me something else to put my focus on when I get bad news (and it's something I CAN control since TTC definitely does not mesh with Type A). And I'll be happy to finally stick it to the RE when she brings up the weight being the reason for my losses. Hope you ladies find the motivation to get where you need/want to be. <3  
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• Options
    @honeybeebub That would be a hard spot to walk past every day. Ugh. 

@eranvo27 and @dpjennifer I can also commiserate on the weight-gain and/or lack of motivation and energy to lose weight. Double-ugh.

AFM, a lovely surprise this morning: AF starting 7 days early! Joy!
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new) I'm new....  I'm Katie,  I just had an EP laparoscopic surgery on 11/20 at 9 weeks.  I'm 1 week post op. I'm 33, DH is 35. I live in Oregon with DH and our two doxies.  

2. Status? Benched until AF

I just can't fill out the rest of the questions.  I want to scream. And I'm probably going to grab my pillow and do just that.  So in the middle of finding out everything with my surgery my Dr assured us that it wouldn't affect getting pregnant in the future by maybe 1 or 2% by having my tube removed.  We were both shocked by this. I think we both just assumed that side was over and done for us.  My husband and I both clearly heard her say that my right tube can grab the egg from either side. She even made a drawing for us.   I just asked him again if maybe I made that up?  He said no he clearly Remember's her saying that. I was just talking to an advice nurse that told me I've lost all fertility on my left side now that my tube is gone and I can come in and talk to another provider. And that I need to to try every single month because I'll never know what side I'm ovulating from.  

Either way this misinformation is making me so upset.  I just don't know wtf to believe.  And if that advise nurse doesn't think we'd be trying every month anyway she's crazy.  

Has anyone else gone through this and what were you told by your Dr. I've found articles supporting my Dr but honestly I feel like you can find anything supporting whatever you want on the internet. 
  • Options
    @galactickates It’s so frustrating trying to wade through contradictory information! I’m inclined to believe your doctor, at least somewhat. The anatomy is pretty cool- the ovary isn’t really attached to the Fallopian tube, instead the egg is basically guided there by a chemical gradient. Obviously it’s tougher to get over to ‘the other side’ in order to get down the opposite tube, but there’s nothing stopping them from making the trip.

There’s older conventional wisdom like the nurse fell back on, saying that side is out, but the female reproductive tract is honestly not that well studied and there’s a lot of stuff we are only starting to understand. I wouldn’t dismiss the hope that the doctor gave!
  • Options
    @lin0422 thank you I feel like reading your response was the equivalent of taking a deep breath.

I just hate this. It's so frustrating!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    From what I've heard on these forums over the past 2 years I agree with @lin0422. It can be harder to get PG from the other side because the travel and whatnot, but that it shouldn't affect you that much is what I'd heard!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer - I'm inclined to believe my Dr but looking up pictures of fallopian tubes..... it doesn't give me a lot of hope. 
  • Options
    You know the worst thing about it is that both my DH automatically thought the worst, that side was gone for us. We were already in that mental head space.  Why give us hope if it's not there? It makes no sense.  

No matter what we're going to try every month.  I just wasn't expecting the conflicting information.  This is all just so much more complicated then I ever thought I'd ever have to deal with.  
  • Options
    @dpjennifer, @cassafrass15, and @honeybeebub I am glad to know I am not alone! I am 5'2 and have reached my second highest weight... The PCOS is a beeotch to struggle with and I have low progesterone. When I was on BCPs I was taking ones higher in progesterone so diet and exercise did wonders! Those lifestyle changes do absolutely nothing now. I am finding my motivation again, I will start going to the gym after work next week, it is just so discouraging to work so hard at something and not see results. On top of the TTTC and the loss it just feels like adding insult to injury! 

TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new)
    Starting my 3rd cycle here

2. Status?
    Benched. But my temp dropped yesterday so I took a OPK and got a smiley face so it is good that I ovulated so soon after, hoping that AF will come in 2 weeks

3. Rants/Raves:
    Raves: My husband and I both got Iphone Xs.
    Rants: We just launched a new EMR yesterday at work, it was slightly chaotic, and I am on call tomorrow (Sunday) so that should be fun...

4. GTKY: Favorite App on your phone? 
    Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and WTForecast (so funny)
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    IMCIMC member
    edited December 2017
    1. Introduce yourself
    Hello, I'm new here. My name is Ilona and this is my first MC (on 11/27/17) after TTC since 2/17. I'm 33 and DH is 34. I haven't gotten any testing done other than I have mild hypothyroidism so I have no clue as to whether I've got anything specific that's making it difficult. I have been going to an acupuncturist since the middle of October and I am convinced that he helped me get my first BFP so I am hopeful. Been lurking on the various Bump boards for a while but thought I'd give this one a go, since it's not like we talk much about MC IRL. 

2. Status
    Waiting for beta levels to drop but hoping to jump on the TTC bandwagon ASAP. Going in for my next beta lab test on Friday. No plans for other kinds of tests until we've been TTC a year, since that's what the docs say. Since my BFP my beta levels were REALLY low to begin with - I wish I understood whether that meant anything. Doc didn't say one way or another. I've read that cycles can be totally wacky after MC so not sure what to make of that. Thoughts on this super helpful. 

3. Rants/Raves
    Docs have been super nice about my MC so it's been nice to hear from them. My DH on the other hand (who, albeit is an engineer so logic rules his brain) is so matter-of-fact about it all while I'm still kind of a mess. Overall, he's much more OK with things never working out and having just the two of us be a family. I'm less OK with it but I also could see us having a really good life without kids. We're not there yet (and by no means have we gone through half of what lots and lots of others have gone through) but every month that goes by means that this could be more of our reality. We may try some other routes before giving up, so who knows. Right now am getting less emotional by the day and trying to feel hopeful that we may actually be able to conceive and bring to term, but I still feel crappy about it. It doesn't help that everyone I know my age (and now younger) either has a kid or is on to #2.. or #3. Definitely avoiding social media because of it. 

4. GTKY: Favorite App on your phone? 
    Kindle, Stylebook, Kindara, Paprika recipe app (yup, you can tell I like to read and cook...)
                                                               BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Welcome to the other newcomers and sucks that we're here.  @galactickates @IMC. (((Big huge hugs)))  To the OGs, you are freaking warriors and I am so grateful we don't have to feel quite so alone in all this...

1. Introduce yourself...
    I'm new here.  Betas after my first FET were 12.8 on 11/27 and 4.4 on 11/29... pretty crushing after all we've been through to get here, and seeing positive hpts over Thanksgiving. :/

2. Status
    CD1. Luckily, we weren't benched so we can start FET No.2 right away, pending CD3 baselines on Tuesday.

3. Rants/Raves
    We were up miserable with AF starting in the middle of the night, so today DH has a man headache. Which is like a regular headache only with more profanity and obnoxious outbursts.  He's sleeping in the couch now.... Raves???  Uhm.... leftover cheesecakes bars with cherry topping for lunch?  Plus, making loaded ramen noodle soup, atm...

4.  GTKY
    Apparently it's Babylist.  Because it's very important that I have the perfect Registry worked out if/when we finally get a "real" BFP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear you ladies with the weight. @eranvo27 @dpjennifer @cassafrass15  @honeybeebub Omg it's the worst.  I'm at my all time highest weight after losing 75 lbs with MFP in 2014/2015.  I gained a bit with my first *round of stims, then a bit more *with the second, but I haven't even stepped on the scale since transfer.  I would like to at least get out for a few walk/jogs between now and our next transfer date.  Try to slow this whole scary roll here...  :s
  • Options
    Hang in there @BusinessWife! I forced myself to pack gym clothes so I can go after work. I half feel like not going because what is the point? But I owe it to myself and my groots (we called out babies groot amd groot 2.0) to try. I just feel like it is an endless cycle that is so difficult to get out of. Hoepfully it helps knowing you are not alone!

TTC #1 since 8/2016

• Options
    @BusinessWife and @eranvo27 After being told I really should lose 20 lbs. by my RE AGAIN on Friday, I sucked it up and used DH's free 1-week pass to his gym and went on Saturday to a boot camp (ugh) and last night for a personal training session (blah). Trying to get back on this band wagon!  Maybe we should start a TTCAL weight / healthy eating weekly check in challenge or something?

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer - yea for going to the gym!  It's always hardest starting but once it's a lifestyle you can't stop.  Just to those of you who are wanting to loose weight I think it's great and it can't hurt but here I am at a very healthy weight, practice yoga, eat pretty well and alas still no pg.
  • Options
    vlagrl29 Completely understood! After my first and second MC I was all "Lose weight and exercise to have the healthiest body possible for future PG."  Now i"m all like "working out makes me less psychotic and feel better mentally... and I really want my RE to stop calling me fat before I punch him in his face and end up in jail" as motivation. LOL!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer I'd be up for a weekly checkin to hold me accountable :) 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• Options
    we use to have a weekly thread it's just been awhile - we can start it up again