May 2018 Moms

Anyone watch This is Us?

2»

Re: Anyone watch This is Us?

• I was definitely crying at the previews for next week and I’m mentally preparing for next week/will have the tissues ready. Usually i watch it while my husband puts my son down but I might need to wait to watch with him. 

Im also diasappointed in the story choice - I was looking forward to her having a baby. I don’t like Kevin being an addict either though. It felt forced and rushed. 
  • @abbykm7 I don’t know if this is something i made up but I think he may have had an issue with prescription pills before? I could be so wrong tho. I’m really sad about it too though. It’s a pretty common for children of addicts to continue the cycle unfortunately but it’s just so heartbreaking to watch. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think he said he didn’t like taking them before in an episode but I don’t recall if said he had an issue.
  • I get why they did it to Kate, infertility and miscarriage are important things to discuss. But I wanted her to have her happy ending. And it’s going to be hard for me to watch the next few episodes. 
  • I just watched this weeks episode. I totally agree with all of you. Tears by the end of the episode for sure and I know I'll be sobbing next week for sure. It just really hits home now that I'm pregnant with my first. I'm like fearful daily that something will happen. 

I also hate the addiction angle they are taking with Kevin, but like someone else says addiction tends to have a cycle in a family so it makes sense. 
  • AH! Half way through the episode and sobbing. The whole FING thing is a TW. 
  • I finally got a chance to watch last weeks episode.  The tears held off until her mom showed up then I was a baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @heelsidehero ah! I must have just been emotional because the tears started from the beginning. Rebecca showing up definitely didn’t help that though
  • I finally got a chance to watch last weeks episode.  The tears held off until her mom showed up then I was a baby.
    Ugh. I was the same way. Mom came and I just remembered my mom hugging me in the er when I had my first mc and was in excruciating pain and tears were rolling down. My poor lab thought something in real life happened and snuggled up against me. My husband just stayed out of the room. 
    Then I ran to the nursery and kissed the twins. I secretly hoped one would wake up so I could hold them.
  • I'm really sad Kevin lost the necklace. The scene with him sobbing outside was amazing. I think he did have an addiction before and I'm interested to see where the story line goes.

I find Kate so obnoxious that it's hard to be really moved by her story line. I love Toby and loved that they had him trying to do something.

And the latest with Randall...oh man. The adoption and foster stories are just so emotional. We were very seriously considering adoption but that story made me think it through more and we decided to try 1 time before figuring out adoption. Do we know what school here ends up choosing?