Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment 11/27

Re: IF Testing and Treatment 11/27

• Loading the player...
  • *lurking* 
    @businesswife *hugs* I'm so sorry this cycle wasn't it! You're an amazingly strong woman and I aspire to have the grace that you do if our situations were reversed.  All the hugs and love! <3 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• purplg8r Well, you could always start drinking it when you get your period for a week and a half. After that it gets questionable depending on when you O.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• SkilledSailorSkilledSailor member
    edited November 2017
    @laurad75 Oh great! FX for you! How have you been feeling this week? 

@kiwi2628 I know I just said this in the other thread but imma say it again. I understand it being disappointing but it is still early. Sending all the good vibes to your follies for them to catch up. 

@dpjennifer Oh a mosaic stepping stone sounds pretty! I'm definitely not an expert in anything tile related other than googling tutorials. 

@avrilmai I go back and forth between really liking our plan and feeling like we'll be wasting six months. 

@purplg8r Haha I hear ya. I told myself we would take the next couple of months as a semi break from doing all the things but I can't stop temping. I just gotta know now.
  • This is random, but those of you have/are taking femara/letrozole, were you monitored?
  • @BusinessWife I'm so sorry things didn't work out this cycle. I was so hoping this would be it for you! Big *hugs* and be kind to yourself. We're here if you need anything.
    @Redpuma119 I was on letrozole last month for an IUI cycle and will be starting it again tomorrow. I had a baseline u/s and a monitoring u/s at cd 11.

AFM, I have a question for you ladies. Last month I went in for my monitoring u/s at cd 11. I had one follie at 17mm and another at 18mm, one on each side, and the nurse told us to trigger that night. Should I go in on cd 11 again for this cycle, or do you think cd 12 would be ok? I'm wondering if it would be better to give the follies another day to get a little bit bigger, but I don't want to O early. Thoughts?
  • @laurad75 You know, I've never thought to go to acupuncture for sinus stuff...but I should have. Thanks for that! And I lol'd at your description.

• *lurking* 
    @businesswife *hugs* I'm so sorry this cycle wasn't it! You're an amazingly strong woman and I aspire to have the grace that you do if our situations were reversed.  All the hugs and love! <3 
    ^WSS. 
    So many huge & so much love. 
  • @Redpuma119 I was monitored with every cycle that I took Letrozole. My last two IUI cycles were at the highest dose and caused a large cyst that required a cycle long break each time. My concern with no monitoring would be cysts, but you would catch those on a baseline the following cycle. Temping and OPKs were also a crapshoot for my letrozole cycles so I was glad to have the monitoring to pinpoint O. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @shortstack930 Sorry for the BFN. When will you begin IVF?
  • @adirat It's not comfortable to have the needles in your face but it does help.  Acupuncture can fix just about anything. 
    @shortstack930 Sorry for the BFN girl.  Here's hoping AF comes soon so you can move on. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @shortstack930 so sorry for the bfn friend. When are you planning on starting an IVF cycle? Looks like a lot of us will be starting around the same time. Hope AF comes quick!
  • kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited November 2017
    @shortstack930 So sorry for the BFN. I am excited for you to start IVF though! 
    @beachbunnyxo123 I think it depends on your protocol and also doctors office. A lot of people I have talked to give themselves separate injections (one injection of menopur in the AM, one follistim injection in the PM, ganirelix in PM etc...), but my doctor has me mix them all together so I am getting 2-3 meds but only one 1 injection, which is nice. I was told I need to do it at night, but I could pick a time any time between 5 and 10 PM, and then I just have to be consistent, so I do my injection at 9 every night.  And yes, I started estradiol (estrase) 8 DPO the cycle prior to starting stims. I did it for a total of 10 days, so I was actually on estrogen for CD 1-4 of my stim cycle, and I started stims on CD3.
  • @shortstack930 so sorry about the bfn.
    @beachbunnyxo123 I don't have any advice on the injections, but I'm glad you were able to get the appt with a different RE. i hope it relieves some of the anxiety. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @shortstack930 damn...I'm so sorry.
  • @beachbunnyxo123 That's frustrating :( I started out with evening injections (2) then added a morning injection (1). My timing was 7 AM and 7 PM so I would always be home -- my husband did mine and like you I didn't want to do any at work.

I did estrogen priming the cycle before IVF stims because of POI. It's very common. That, fortunately, is just pills or patches so no injections!

• <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/tamalahoops">tamalahoops</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">@beachbunnyxo123 I'm sorry that your RE office is being so rotten to you. Similar to what others have said, I almost always did my injections outside of work. One in the morning and one at night around 8 am and pm. I think there was only one time I had to do it at work because I needed to go in early and it was no big deal. I had everything ready to go so I just had to stick myself real quick. TBH <b>if</b> <b>you</b> <b>can</b> <b>change</b> <b>your</b> <b>tampon</b> <b>in</b> <b>your</b> <b>work</b> <b>bathroom</b>, <b>you</b> <b>can</b> <b>do</b> <b>an</b> <b>injection</b> <b>in</b> <b>there</b>. </div>
    </blockquote>
    Lol Well put!  ^^^THIS!!! ;)
  • @laurad75 Oh glad you're feeling better already! 

@shortstack930 *hugs* Sorry IVF became a reality. 

@beachbunnyxo123 Ugh sorry that nurse is being rude. Your body, your choice of doctor. Hope she gets over it and is more responsive ASAP. 
  • @Redpuma119 Oops sorry, Town of Highland south of the city.  He used to live in West Jordan then moved out there last year. 

@shortstack930 so sorry for the BFN. At least IVF is a different course of action and hopefully with positive results!! 
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• Not the way I thought my IVF cycle would go but its how it went

Started stim for IVF on 11/17 but then my nana suddenly passed away 11/20. The entire family from out of state (11 people) then ended up staying at my house all through until yesterday when all the services finished. So I also ended up surprise hosting Thanksgiving. 
    IVF injections just became all business quick in my room with all the house guests it was hard to find a minute alone. 
    I had a "vigorous" reaction to the injections and only stimmed for 7 days, got to mildly OHSS, and they quickly did the egg retrieval on Tuesday. I am still feeling like absolute crap with cramping, bloating, nausea, and abdomen and flank pain. 
    Positive note they got 23 eggs, 21 mature, and as of right now we have 14 embryos. I got to see my 4 siblings all at the same time in 3 years, and they have all been so supportive of the IVF process. Kept the house clean, did home projects that were on the to do list, and were just generally amazing people despite the reason we all got together. 
    Bad news because of the OHSS we can not do a fresh transfer and will do a frozen transfer in a month or so when my ovaries start behaving. 

Anyone else have OHSS? When did you start feeling better? Its been 3 days and I'm still having so much pain. I have work tomorrow. I missed so much time for bereavement and the egg retrieval, I can't afford to miss anymore.  
  • @laurad75 - I wish you the best on your transfer! 
    @BusinessWife - I'm so sorry! I hope this next cycle is yours!
    @beachbunnyxo123 - I didn't do estrace. Gonal-f you can keep out of the fridge for 28 days (or so) once you start using it. If you bring an insulated lunch bag with some ice packs you should be all set for the keeping meds cold that have to stay cold. Thats how they ship them after all. All my injections were at night. My husband gave them to me. I had him watch a youtube video before and he was a pro after the first day. As far a schedule like @BusinessWife said, its near impossible to plan ahead for when things will happen. Without fail for my IUI's it happened on a day I was working. Then my egg retrieval was 3-4 days before I thought it would be. 
  • @Redpuma119 I'm not going to lie, I am a bit nervous. But I have done a lot of research (love that my new job is in healthcare, so I can read full articles and such!), and it seems that the risk of more than twins is almost non-existent with letrozole. If I were on Clomid, I'd feel differently. It also seems that 2-3 follicles are the 'sweet spot' for IUI, and without any trigger or additional meds, the risk of multiples (including twins) is still very low. I'm not sure how I feel about any negative effects, etc. I guess at this point I'm hoping that my first cycle with it will be the one, and I won't have to worry about it? 

Random side note: I found this on edx, and thought it might be interesting to a lot of us, so wanted to share: https://www.edx.org/course/bioethics-law-medicine-ethics-harvardx-hls4x-3
  • @Sailing_Mama - for my IUIs I did Letrazole 2.5mg for 5 days then a trigger shot. 2 of the cycles I had one good follicle. 1 cycle I had 2 follicles. I have no ovarian issues. I typically get side effects if there is any, and with the letrazole I had zero. I took it at night just in case it caused nausea. Good luck!  
  • @Redpuma119 I did Letrozole last cycle. I went in on cd3 and again on cd11

@shortstack930 I’m so sorry about the bfn. Hugs

@beachbunnyxo123 grr. That would so annoy me about the nurse 
  • @redpuma119 I was also monitored on letrozole by U/S and B/W.

@darkstar42 I would go in on CD 11. The follies seem like they were a good size when you triggered last time and they continue to grow after trigger. Plus they might grow faster and you don't want to miss it!

@shortstack930 sorry for the BFN. I'm glad you treated yourself to shopping. 

@beachbunnyxo123 sorry you're clinic is being crappy. 

@adirat what is POI? 

• @beachbunnyxo123 Any time, friend <3 I'm like you guys. It was challenging for me to let go. 

@madspunk POI = premature ovarian insufficiency. A close cousin of DOR, but for fragile x premutation they call it POI. Basically I have a reduced number of eggs for my age and a lot of them are crappy. Mine also presents with luteal phase defect because my corpus luteum is insufficient. I will probably go through menopause earlier than average, too. Boo.

@shortstack930 I'm so glad you managed to make something of the day with some comforting activities. I am cheering you and @beachbunnyxo123 on for IVF!

• @beachbunnyxo123 Any time! Ask anything you want. And I agree with @adirat ...letting go is hard (and something I am failing to achieve currently), so I get it.
  • There's so much to comment on here that I literally don't know where to start. For those who recently had a BFN, I'm so sorry for you. For those still waiting on results, FX for you. I'm not even sure if this is the right thread for me to be on, to be honest. So... Hi. I know we've only been actively trying for two months, but I've been lurking around here for a long time and have been following this thread for the last couple of days. I'm very active on BOTB and recently intro'd here on TTGP. My DH and I are both 33 and live in central Florida.

Diagnosis (If you've been): Low AMH confirmed (0.31) and a 5cm cyst on my left ovary

Cycle/CD: 2/2, CD19

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  Not entirely sure, since I don't know if I O'd.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) We literally just got confirmation two days ago that my test results mean I most likely can't get pregnant on my own. So we're having the initial consultation with an RE on Tuesday morning. We don't know what we'll even be able to do. The doctor on Tuesday said that we most likely aren't candidates for IUI or IVF, but we want to talk to the RE anyway.

How are things going? They're... interesting. I don't quite know what all we're going to do yet. My DH is upset, as am I, but I'm slightly more angry than he is about the situation. I had my blood panel done back in July to be re-evaluated for PCOS (which I apparently don't have), and the nurse who called me with the results said that they wanted us to try for six months to a year before referring us to an RE. Then at the appointment this week, the doctor confirmed that we should have been referred back in late July because my number is so low for my age. I also found out that I have a 5cm cyst on my left ovary, which was there on an ultrasound they did for the PCOS evaluation back in August, but they didn't tell me. So when I recently had a CT for unexplained chronic groin pain, the radiologist saw it and wanted me to get checked out, which is why I was there with the OBGYN this week.

Any questions? I don't even know what to ask at the appointment. I found a thread on here from a few months ago titled something like "What to ask at your first RE appointment", but it only had a couple of responses. Does anyone have any suggestions?

GTKY: What's on your Christmas list? I honestly don't know. Maybe a new couch. Ours is starting to die.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020