Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 11/28

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY:  What would your DH/SO say is your greatest strength/attribute?  What would your DH/SO say is your weakness?  (Feel free to respond however you wish--funny, serious, etc). :)

Re: WTO Tuesday 11/28

• Loading the player...
  • @SkilledSailor Good luck at your appointment with the RE today!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @kiwi2628  I can relate to your gtky answer!  Do you ever listen to the Beat Infertility podcast?  There was one episode where the guest interviewed (RE) said that one of the most important things on this TTC journey is the ability to persevere.   So keep going, lady! <3
    @SkilledSailor  I'm sorry for CD1 (blah), but I am so excited to be on the same thread with you.  <3  I feel like there a few of us that all started around the same time on this board, and I get lonely when I'm on the opposite thread from you all.  haha    GL with the RE visit today!  Is this an RE you've met with before?
    @elothair  So exciting for YH!  DO you think the benefits outweigh the concern with moving up in your organization?  (Is there potential to work from home in your current role if you all moved)?

Month/Cycle: 8/7 (1 benched)

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU:  PNVs, clomid CD5-9, starting opks & hio

R/R:  (Rave)  Went for a 6 mile run with my running buddy!  Great way to start the day. :)  Also, @nitnat007 inspired me to make a pot roast today in the slow cooker.

CS/Q:  Has anyone tried grapefruit juice to increase CM?  (I have cm each cycle, but rarely ewcm.  I feel like I've tried all of the usual suggestions--increasing water intake, green tea, EPO, mucinex--but to little effect). :/  If anyone has any other amazing ideas, I am all ears! :)

GTKY:  What would your DH/SO say is your greatest strength/attribute?  What would your DH/SO say is your weakness?  (Feel free to respond however you wish--funny, serious, etc). 
    Strength:  My determination and discipline, and probably also my love/encouragement for others <3
    Weakness:  DH says I'm too indecisive 
  • @SkilledSailor GL at the RE today!
    @elothair yea, Wednesdays and Sundays off every week. Its sometimes sad/annoying not to have 2 days off in a row, but I love having a work-day off every week. It makes life so easy, especially since its mid-week.

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: PNVs and HIO

R/R: (Rave) Going to spin class at lunch and work is pretty slow right now so I'm getting a lot of online Christmas shopping done.

CS/Q: None right now.

GTKY:  What would your DH/SO say is your greatest strength/attribute?  What would your DH/SO say is your weakness?

DH would probably say my greatest strength is my support for others. He's finishing his bachelors degree online and I've definitely had to keep him from quitting a couple of times when h'es gotten frustrated. My weakness would definitely be the way I keep things that bother me bottled up until I finally get upset and take it out on him. Also, I never recognize movie quotes and it drives him crazy.
  • @dukestar5 If I move, I could't move into the E.D. role as that person does need to be here in the city as that is where all the government people we work with are. I could likely stay on in a contractor role doing a similar job to what I do now. Still trying to figure out if the benefit outweighs the downside - I think it probably does but I am hesitant and I also feel guilty leaving my organization hanging.  I need to start running again - I have been so lazy since me and DH did our last race at the beginning of October! I am interested to hear how the roast turns out, let me know!
    @melbel0824 I love when work is slow and I can knock off personal stuff (which I am doing right now I guess, lol!)
    @jsnakehole Your weekend sounds like it will be amazing!! I am jealous - we haven't been away overnight on our own in ages!!
    @Augusta108 DHs family is close to us now but they don't offer a ton of support and have a lot going on in their own lives so outside of a few dinners here and there we don't see a ton of them. Definitely being in the same town as my parents is a huge huge pro of moving for us - and I agree, the older the get the more aware I am of how valuable my time with family is.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @SkilledSailor yay for a game plan!!!
    @kiwi2628  I’m jealous for your weekday off! I love having a M-F job but every now and then I’d like a day off during the week to get stuff done.
    @elothair  I live in a town smaller than 8000 and we love it. I had the chance to move a couple of times for work to big cities and my answer is always “NOPE”
    @dukestar5  I’m jealous of your run, I need to get back into it, but the weather here is so discouraging. I’m a fair weather runner :)
    @jsnakehole sounds like a great way to soget nd a Saturday morning.
    @Augusta108 sorry you’re back here, but welcome back :) 

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: HIO, PNV, OPK, 

R/R: it’s only Tuesday, SO is working out of town (of course bc it’s FW!!) I swear we need to plan our work trips better. I stayed up way too late catching up on my shows since he was gone and now I need a nap.

CS/Q: nope, temping has not been consistent so we’ll call this month a trial run.

GTKY:  What would your DH/SO say is your greatest strength/attribute?  What would your DH/SO say is your weakness?  (Feel free to respond however you wish--funny, serious, etc). 

Strength - my work ethic/intelligence
    weakness - definitely my patience, I need some, like now 
    :p  
  • *lurking from TWW*

@SkilledSailor Oh man, sorry for CD1. But thinking of you today. GL with the RE appointment. 

@dukestar5 I love my pot roast. Hope it is yummy!

@Augusta108 Hey gurl!! Welcome back. We missed you!!

@jsnakehole Have a blast this weekend with YH!!
  • @darkstar42, I’m glad you’re doing as okay as you can be today and have found some things to help with the stress. I hope your call to switch doctors and get some of the next steps started goes smoothly! *hugs* Our appointment Thursday is our first with the RE and we haven’t started any testing yet...I had an appointment with my OBGYN last month but he felt we were close enough to the year mark that it made most sense for us to wait and do all our testing with the RE rather than starting it with him. 
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 I'm thankful MH doesn't work out on town often but it totally seems like my work trips always want to line up with my FW....so annoying! Hopefully he gets back before yours is over!

@darkstar42 I'm glad you took the night to cry and grieve - I definitely understand why it would be harder than a typical month because of the IUI. I hope you can move forward with a new RE and get some positive outcomes soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I am really on the fence about it. On the one hand I’m not sure I actually want the pressure of being at the top but I feel like it’s an important role and I worry about the longevity of my organization if I don’t step into that role as I am the only one who isn’t going to be retiring in the next 5ish years and it’s a very niche position so wouldn’t be easily filled externally. But I also would love to be closer to my family and raise my own family away from the city, and the more laid back pace of life is so appealing. I’m super conflicted about it which is why we haven’t made the move already!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @darkstar42 glad you and DH were able to lean on each other yesterday. I hope the new dr provides you the information and help you need. Also, I think it’s amazing how this community is so supportive. It makes me happy I decided to be apart of it :) 

as for your question...last night was Survivor and Teen Mom 2 lol ...tonight will be Grey’s and Scandal. Don’t get me wrong I miss DH when he’s gone (esp during FW) but I love watching what I want! 
  • @jrm_14 Just come join us over here even though you're still TWWing it  ;) 
  • @SkilledSailor I’m out of TWW. Womp. Onto RE in two weeks after an OBGYN yesterday that didn’t go so well. 
  • @jrm_14 Oh I'm so sorry! *hugs* How are you feeling? 
  • @SkilledSailor All.  The. Feelings. It was the first visit with the doctor. Pretty upset the dr I saw before her dismissed a few things that should have sent us straight on to RE apparently. 
  • josie12367josie12367 member
    edited November 2017
    @SkilledSailor Glad you got some kind of plan in place. A bit if conflicting info though huh? I hate how much difference there is between two different doctors. Sometimes it's like night and day. 

@jrm_14 What happened?! I'm sorry the appointment didn't go well :( 

ETA: Banana slice earrings I mentioned yesterday in spoiler...AW my snacks....Lol

Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @jrm_14 Ugh I'm so sorry! I'd be angry too. 

@josie12367 Yes! I think our RE is hung up on us not having tried for a full year yet. I can't tell you how many time's she's mentioned that between our two consults. But whatever. My cycles have been so short lately we'll hit 12 cycles nearly two months before we'll hit a full year. She said the clomid should prevent my current ovulation pattern too, which is good. I've been O'ing a day or two earlier than the month before for the past 5 months. If it stayed on track I'd be O'd on CD 8 or 9 by January. 
  • @jrm_14 Saw the update...I'm so sorry. So frustrating. 

@SkilledSailor I hate when providers get hung up about the year thing when you have issues going on. Plus you've had lots of cycles in that time frame. Your reason for being in her office is valid and she just needs to get over it. 

• josie12367josie12367 member
    edited November 2017
    @darkstar42 Lovely update! So glad you're with a doctor you can communicate better with. Any doctor who blows off your concerns is not going to work in your best interests, so I'm glad you have a new one that is treating you like you're part of the team. So happy you're feeling a little better and have a plan in place :)

• SkilledSailorSkilledSailor member
    edited November 2017
    @josie12367 Thanks! You got me like 

@darkstar42 Yay! So glad the new RE is already better! I honestly didn't ask why clomid over others. She mentioned low dose clomid because I am ovulating regularly and this will keep me from ovulating early. 

@jrm_14 You've got a PM in a minute. 
  • @SkilledSailor @jrm_14 You're both about to get PMs. :)
  • @kiwi2628 I totally relate to your GTKY. I'm the same way too. Enjoy your day off tomorrow!
    @SkilledSailor I'm glad to hear your appointment went fairly well and that you get to start some meds soon. 
    @elothair And I thought I had a huge decision to make about my job! That's such a big decision you and YH have to make. I hope you can talk it out and figure out what the best option is. That's a hard choice since you would have to give up your career. Are there some good career options for you where you'd be moving to?
    @dukestar5 I have no idea about increasing CM. But I'm curious if you guys ever use preseed? I've never tried it but maybe it would help you?
    @melbel0824 Yay for online shopping! I need to start looking into that myself. I bought a few things for DH and my sister, but that's it so far.
    @Augusta108 Welcome back! I missed you, but understand you needing a break. I hope you've been feeling okay the past few weeks. I hope your RE appointment goes well and you get a plan in place!
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Sorry your SO is away but yay for some lazy TV nights! Sounds like you have a great list of TV shows going. :)
    @darkstar42 I'm so glad you were able to cry and get out your frustrations last night. That's wonderful that you were able to eat good food and relax with YH. Also YAY! for being able to switch to a new RE. So happy to hear that the new one explained everything better and was much more personable. 
    @blackhottamales What gift did you find for YH? Men are sooooo hard to shop for and I have no idea what to get for MH. That's excellent that you've been feeling so connected to YH recently. I love it when that happens! Have you guys been doing any specific lately to get better connected, or is it just general stuff? 
    @jrm_14 So sorry to see your update and hear that you should have been pushed to go the RE sooner. Happy to hear you have an appointment scheduled though. I'll be anxiously awaiting your update in 2 weeks!

Month/Cycle: 6/6 (1 benched)

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Just waiting for FW...

R/R: Pretty busy day at work today, which was great because it went by quickly! I decided to take that 6 month temporary position I mentioned yesterday. I'm still waiting to hear back that I definitely got the position and then I need to talk it through with my boss to see if she'll release me. I'm excited! 

GTKY:  What would your DH/SO say is your greatest strength/attribute?  What would your DH/SO say is your weakness? 
    Greatest strength: I'm really good at planning and remembering things. I take care of all the appointments and bills because DH never remembers! Greatest weakness: He'd probably say that I tend to get obsessive about things when I put my mind on it. Once I decide I want to do something, I can't stop thinking about it until it's done! Sometimes it's good, but other times I get way too controlling.
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland I got him a new timbuk2 luggage bag. It was 60% off and we love their products. We aren’t doing anything special honestly I think it’s because we still have my cousin living with us and anything that’s annoying me I blame on her. Trash not taken out —it’s not lazy MH, it’s lazy cousin... :#