May 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/20

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/20

• sbaby2019sbaby2019 member
    edited November 2017
    For those of you that have purchased mom/pregnancy subscription boxes, how do you Iike them and which subscription do you have? 
    Wondering if I should put this on my Christmas wish list :)

edited...just realized this is probably more of a weekly questions not weekly random stuff post....*palm to face
  • Loading the player...
  • @babys_2018 I'd like to know this too! I didn't even know it was a thing until someone mentioned getting a journal in one on another thread.

Is anyone else having issues constantly getting logged out of The Bump? I will be in the middle of writing a post when things slow way down, then suddenly if I try to save or post it'll tell me I don't have permission and I have to log back in. It's really annoying!

• @babys_2018 @thunderberry there was a thread a bit ago about baby boxes I think. I mentioned I did bump box. It's not bad as you usually get full sized items but is 40 a month.
  • @babys_2018 @thunderberry there was a thread a bit ago about baby boxes I think. I mentioned I did bump box. It's not bad as you usually get full sized items but is 40 a month.
    I recall this being mentioned but when I searched for "subscription" nothing really came up. Thanks for responding! I'll have to look that one up!
  • @tincupchalice I used to nanny for a family with triplets boys who were 2 they had them in cribs with crib nets over them so it trapped them in and they couldn't get out and cause problems. 
  • Ummmm y’all. My husband went on a business trip today. For 3 weeks. WITH MY CAR KEYS. And they can’t get them to me until Tuesday. Luckily I randomly took one of the car seats out to wash it. 

And then this jerk below. Who I brag on all the time because he’s such an awesome dog. 

Is this real life? Like what is today?! 
  • I bought some margarita mix and tried it and it was...not good. There's something about that booze that makes it oh so good.
  • @charlestonchew hahaha I feel your pain, I bought non alcoholic red wine, not so great. I don't know if it's worth trying the white wine.
  • @Poppy0419 omg what a nightmare!  Seriously good thing you took the car seat out

@charlestonchew Maybe blending it with ice will help?  
  • @Pearlvirus how did she do without the binky overnight? 
    @Poppy0419 wow, that's a long time to have to wait for keys! Do you have family around to help if you need to get anywhere? 
  • I cleaned the entire bottom level of my house which I haven't done since I was 4 weeks pregnant and started to put up my Christmas decorations....I'm officially exhausted now. 
  • @Poppy0419 I often think that to myself too with some of SO's antics.  But 100 on his first night out, eesh. 
  • My random for the day, DS is sick and being a terror. When he gets a cold it always turns into wheezing, day one sneezing and runny nose, day two, congestion, day 3 cough and wheezing. So I've spent a good chunk of my day trying to keep him contained and trying to tell him not to run around, but it's not working, he just wants to go and go and go. 2 failed nap attempts earlier, and I think I just now finally successfully got him down. It's been a long day and my house is a disaster. Which puts me in a bad mood knowing I have clutter to clean. 
  • jhysmath said:
    My random.... Delicious clementines! I love this time of year. One year I ate so many I decided I needed a use for the peels, so I candied them and everyone loved them! 
    Citrus is the one food J will absolutely not eat in any form. Kid gobbles up spinach, and sauerkraut, but an orange? Hahaha nope! Won’t drink orange juice either. It’s annoying because I’ve been looking forward to the packing plants opening up down here, and there’s no way I can eat that many at a time.
  • @bwow615 she is used to not having a paci during the day but falling asleep without has been a bit rough. Last night she cried in my arms for about 45 min, then fell asleep. I transferred her to her bed and she slept 2 hours before she got upset again. That time it took about an hour to settle her. But after that she slept the rest of the night. So that’s not terrible. But tonight so far is the same - long cry before falling asleep. We’ll see if she wakes again. And she hasn’t napped today or yesterday so she’s overtired and crabby about that too. Hopefully she gets used to this soon! 
  • @nanifrog how old is yours? Mine just turned 2 this month. And she’s still sleeping in a crib. I guess that’s the next thing to go, but how many changes can she handle at once?!? This is all new to me because her older sister never used a paci and she was a super climber so she was in a regular bed way before 2.... It’s just so sad listening to her talk about the paci. She sounds like a crack addict. I miss my paci, waaaaaa. I love my paci, waaaaa. I want the pacis to come back, waaaaa. And rolling out of my arms to cry alone on the floor. And how am I ever going to get her to nap again?!? She is so crabby all evening, she’s not ready to go all day :(
  • @Pearlvirus she was 3.5 when we did it and not in a crib. I see how lying down with her would be a problem. Mine also sounded like a crack addict for a couple of days. Since we got rid of it, she hasn't napped much even though she loved her nap before.

The first day we did it was the end of the first week of camp and she was insanely tired. Can you try to have a super active day? Go to one of those indoor climbing places and let her play for a few hours. Take her swimming. Whatever.

We've had lots is sleep issues with our kids over the years and I can't say we've perfected anything. But, another thing we've tried is to play music and say we would be back when the music stopped. DD1 would keep herself awake waiting, but DD2 will often fall asleep.
  • @Pearlvirus, great idea. DS did start to use his lovie more when we took away the paci.
  • @Pearlvirus, good luck! Let me know how it goes.
  • Yaaasss @Pearlvirus .  The toddler is still awake because of a late nap and he had no nap yesterday.  I'm exhausted.
  • @cups4 and @Pearlvirus i think this no nap/shitty sleep thing is contagious.  DS has been sick with a cold since thanksgiving and he woke up at 4:30 this morning and would not go back to sleep.  Thankfully I don't have a packed work schedule today and am able to WFH.  But he is a super crab right now, and I don't want to try put him down too early for fear of messing up what was a normal sleep routine before he got sick.  
  • Lol way to go Millie, not me ;)
  • nanifrog said:
    I have a really terrible headache. My neck and back hurt too. Feel linger I can't even stand. A few weeks ago on the radio I heard that there was a study that suggests that Tylenol during pregnancy can cause ADHD - with moderate use described as 28 times. I usually go find the studies and read all the details and stats. This time I'm just freaked out and trying not to take Tylenol much.  I've taken it 4 times this pregnancy and I'm trying to ration it. I know this is insane.
    I googled and was reading a news article (so not the actual study) which stated this possible increase in risk of adhd was associated with chronic use which they described as 29 days or more.
  • @nanifrog this was a really good article.  Interestingly enough, Dr. Cahill is one of my MFM doctors and I had an appointment with her last Wednesday! I was reading this and was like, I swear I recognize this name. https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/30/health/acetaminophen-adhd-pregnancy-study/index.html
  • Welp.  I mean you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.  I had weeks and weeks of nasty headaches that left me unable to effectively care for my children.  So it was tylenol or a class C drug my midwife gave me.  
    November Siggy Challenge

• gildah said:
    Maybe moms with ADHD are more likely to get headaches and take Tylenol? IME ADHD is highly inheritable. I have it and so does my mom and my brother. We all get terrible headaches....
    It's possible. There are so many factors they didn't consider. Maybe the moms with ADHD mis-remembered how often they took Tylenol and over-reported?