Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Checkin 10/31/2017

2»

Re: TTTC Checkin 10/31/2017

• Options
    Thank you so much for all your positive vibes and good wishes last week!  Transfer was smooth, so just hanging out in the TWW now. Beta next Monday.  :)

@hoffmanr7 Your IVF consult is tomorrow, right??  I'm so excited for you!  Good luck tomorrow.  I hope you get to start IVF this month.

@soehlerk Ahh right I remember that's what your RE said.  Your progesterone really was good.  How odd that your LP was short!  Has she said anything about what she thinks happened there?

@eranvo27 I haven't been at that crossroads yet, but I do think it's natural and ok for you to feel discouraged right now.  You've had a lot of heartbreak this year.  It might just be that you need some time to grieve before getting back into it.  It might be a shorter break, and maybe it's a longer break.  I'm so sorry for your losses.  Lots of hugs!

@Worldtravler0522 Has the Prometrium worked yet?  No idea how long that takes to kick in.  I'm sorry about your frustrating cycle!  I've seen lots of people on the IF board talking about ERA.  I hope it's helpful and you get some answers!  Also, that is a really creepy story!

@funkykey I'm so excited for your FET!  Like really, really excited.  FINALLY!

@mac627 I'm so sorry about the BFN!  I hope you had a lovely weekend at your B&B.  How was your monitoring appointment?

@tops-2 Oh yeah, I'd be all over the TI with 2.5 follicles.  Good luck!

@tinabell8 OMG! CONGRATULATIONS!! 

BTW, I also heard things about warm feet, warm womb so I've been forcing myself to wear socks all day and all night this time, haha. And I did the pineapple and pomegranate thing religiously for the past 5 days.  Whatever might help, right? :) 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe I'm very confused by your doc's advice.  Like, hello?  That would completely miss the window.  Weird.

@nurseerin2012 Welcome!  FWIW I believe my IUIs were always roughly 36 hours after trigger, +/- a few hours.
  • Options
    @Bababatty so glad the transfer went well! Hope this is the one for you!

My baseline was this morning and they okayed me to start! This will be my first (and hopefully last- positive thinking right?) IVF cycle. Really excited! Starting stims today with a potential retrieval next Fri or Sat and hopefully fresh transfer on/around thanksgiving! Here we go!
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Bababatty Yes it is, that is for remembering! I have a big 2 page list of questions. We are on the road now.....the clinic we are going to is over an hour away and the appointment is at 8:30 so we are going to spend the night at my SIL's house tonight as she lives in the same area
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options
    @tinabell8 congrats on the great numbers! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :) Also - I love your tips! I figure if it doesn't hurt, you may as well give it a try. No harm in trying :)
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Congrats on the great betas @tinabell8!

@funkykey and @Bababatty I know what terrible advice from a lady doctor...cmon now. I'll keep riding out the long cycles for a few more months before I call the REs office, I think my biggest concern with 36-38 day cycles is that it means I'm not Oing until CD22ish. So do my eggs just grow super slow? Does that make them crummy? I guess only IVF would answer those questions.
    @Bababatty good luck in the TWW, keep those feet nice and toasty girl!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Hey everyone, joining this board.

A little update about me, this is my first cycle with letrozole, monitored u/s, and a trigger shot.

Thursday I took my letrozole, yesterday I had my first u/s, it showed I had 4 follicles. 13, 10, 9, 8! The bigger follicles were on my right (which is my good side), so that's exciting.
    I go in Friday for another u/s and then do the trigger shot in office.

Doctor said we need to BD Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday to cover all our bases.

So the hubby is planning to take me to the beach to stay so I can just relax and not think BABY BABY BABY.

• Options
    @funkykey I'm 32 and my husband is 37. Since it's recommended to try 3 cycles of FSH injections, we'll keep going that route with IUIs for now. Since I took the second HCG injection this time, my test date has been moved back. Not too much longer, as it's this Wednesday, but I keep thinking about testing early. I've scoured the internet, learning when all the HCG could be cleared and prohibit a false positive. I feel like I'm having more symptoms this time, but we all know how that can fool us. The biggest one was some serious constipation this week. I've NEVER had issues like that. That got me researching whether or not an increase of progesterone (cause of constipation) could be an early sign of multiples. However, progesterone and HCG both, do NOT always correlate to multiples since our hormones can fluctuate so much day to day. Anyway, I try not to think about all of this but I really love reading about it. How is everyone else doing?
  • Options
    @funkykey I'm 32 and my husband is 37. Since it's recommended to try 3 cycles of FSH injections, we'll keep going that route with IUIs for now. Since I took the second HCG injection this time, my test date has been moved back. Not too much longer, as it's this Wednesday, but I keep thinking about testing early. I've scoured the internet, learning when all the HCG could be cleared and prohibit a false positive. I feel like I'm having more symptoms this time, but we all know how that can fool us. The biggest one was some serious constipation this week. I've NEVER had issues like that. That got me researching whether or not an increase of progesterone (cause of constipation) could be an early sign of multiples. However, progesterone and HCG both, do NOT always correlate to multiples since our hormones can fluctuate so much day to day. Anyway, I try not to think about all of this but I really love reading about it.

How is everyone else doing? 
  • Options
    @funkykey I'm 32 and my husband is 37. Since it's recommended to try 3 cycles of FSH injections, we'll keep going that route with IUIs for now. Since I took the second HCG injection this time, my test date has been moved back. Not too much longer, as it's this Wednesday, but I keep thinking about testing early. I've scoured the internet, learning when all the HCG could be cleared and prohibit a false positive. I feel like I'm having more symptoms this time, but we all know how that can fool us. The biggest one was some serious constipation this week. I've NEVER had issues like that. That got me researching whether or not an increase of progesterone (cause of constipation) could be an early sign of multiples. However, progesterone and HCG both, do NOT always correlate to multiples since our hormones can fluctuate so much day to day. Anyway, I try not to think about all of this but I really love reading about it.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Options
    @nurseerin2012 - that makes sense.
    I had constipation with some of my IUIs I think because I'd produced several follicles, so my progesterone was much higher than usual. My worst constipation was in the TWW after I'd had an IUI with 4 follicles - 34mm (that was the over-mature), 26mm, 32mm and 19mm,

I loved reading about all of this too, still do :). We're also unexplained, so I think I like looking for hints, or something. The more I learn, the more I wonder what could actually be causing this. I'm not a medical researcher, but this experience has made me very grateful for people who are medical researchers, and at times, I've even thought about a career change to go into that field! :)

We ended up moving on to IVF after our 4th medicated cycle (with 3 IUIs), mostly because I was very distressed, and had become a bit obsessed with success rates. If our situation had been different - say we had a certain type of insurance coverage or something - we might have made another decision. Also, I was ready to start trying for a baby before my H, so that weighed on us - I felt a little like I'd already waited so long to even start trying, so I wanted to move forward more quickly than I would have if we'd been ready at the same time. (He's a little like: "Had I known it would take this long, I wouldn't have been quite so reluctant!")

The cost was a big jump for us (we're OOP), but because I'd responded to the clomid cycles so well, we thought we had a good chance at getting more than 10 eggs, which we did (we ended up with 11 mature eggs). I'd hoped that we'd get enough embryos from one round of IVF to maybe have 2 children, which is a little greedy, but is how I managed to justify the cost jump to DH: "it might save us later!". LOL.

Anyway, good luck! Keeping FX for you on Wednesday!

This thread may be closed soon; we try to jump to the new threads every week so they don't become too too long.