June 2018 Moms

Pregnancy and Parenting Resources

2»

Re: Pregnancy and Parenting Resources

• @catlady1215 that's ok! I did it from mobile so I couldn't figure out how to post just the video and I know some people don't have FB. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @BumpAdmin - Oh my Gosh, sticky this already!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • Is anything else getting stickied? I can't tell because I'm not sure July knows how to even request it...?
  • @doxiemoxie212 - Not that I've seen, but I haven't been stalking other boards as much. BGs are always slow as molasses when it comes to sticky-ing (except that one time in like May I think? Where they stickied a thread within an hour of the request...).

But, they have plenty of time to hand out warnings and TOU violations, there should be enough time to hit a button to sticky a thread. Assuming the framework of this board is the same as most message boards on the internet, it's literally one button that they'd have to press on their end as an admin... Easy peasy.
    [Sorry, went off on a bit of a tangent; it's just really easy to get done and irks me that it's ignored and put off so often?]

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• and they just had time to close a post here, but not sticky.

@bumpadmin pleeeease
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @BumpAdmin Sticky please? 
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @BumpAdmin stickyyyyyy pleaseeee
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is going to end up being 90% sticky requests 
  • Wait so pregnancy announcements got pinned but not this? 
  • pewpewpewmepewpewpewme member
    edited November 2017
    Anyone have any resources or product recommendations for breastfeeding/pumps for a FTM?  (I did bookmark kellymom above)
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited November 2017
    Here is the link to the product spotlight thread that was posted a couple weeks ago.  Looks like some good info in there! @missylaneous419

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/90294864#Comment_90294864

ETA Tag
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @doxiemoxie212 ~ I came here to comment the same thing
  • www.evidencebasedbirth.com is an awesome resource for folks who value informed decision making in the birth process. Highly recommend!
  • @BumpAdmin can you at least let us know if you're never going to pin this? Like, put us out of our misery. 
  • @BumpAdmin @bumptara - we've been asking for a month now. Please sticky this thread.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @BumpAdmin I know you're going to have to come around for August soon, so cmon, give us some love. Pin this bad boy!!
  • Bumping this again to hopefully get this pinned @BumpAdmin

But also, I have a question that would be useful to keep the answers here. Does anyone have a really great registry checklist? Like, of all the REAL necessities, not just the overkill you get on the store checklists to get you to buy more. I think I heard about some really great excel spreadsheet version somewhere that splits things up according to "need" vs "nice to have" vs "just for fun". I thought maybe it was on Lucie's List, but I didn't see it there yesterday. I thought this might be useful as we all start putting together registries.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Maybe I should have googled first. Found this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9F_QJsqkVITV3VtN2JOSkFfLWc/view

Any others you like better?

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @icecubeinthedesert sign up for Lucie's List emails; the first email they'll send you is their breakdown. Take their google excel doc they send you, save it as your own, then add a column in between PRICE and TERM OF USE (age). Then go through the list and highlight the items of their suggestions you like, and put the price ONLY for the item you're choosing from each category. Add a row at the very bottom, total up your new column. This will track YOUR total budget, but it will keep all the options (with LL's included links, info, etc. for alts) in one place but also with your shopping list. BOOM! ;)
  • lisa2589lisa2589 member
    edited December 2017
    I used an app called Baby Connect after DD was born to help myself keep track of when she had a bottle/how much, when she slept/how long, wet and dirty diapers, milestones, etc. I probably used it until 6 months or so when it was less crucial to keep track of oz drank and wet diapers. It was great the first few months when I was sleep deprived enough to barely remember the last time I ate let alone when the baby did. And you can add other caregivers so I knew how much she ate for DH when I went back to work or if she pooped while my parents were watching here. 

ETA: I FF but for BFing you could also keep track of which side baby nursed from and how long. 
    I’m SO type A and I really loved documenting like this (okay I think it’s also the nurse drilled into me- if you didn’t document it, it didn’t happen) but my DH thought I was a little insane when I made him download the app and use it when I wasn’t home.  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @icecubeinthedesert Thanks for posting that.  I wandered into BRU today to take a look around and got super overwhelmed again and need something to keep my mind on track!  
  • @bumpadmin you've gotta be coming by soon to setup September... pin this for us!
  • @doxiemoxie212 I did the Lucies List and that spreadsheet is next level amazing. I spent almost an entire day going through everything and creating new columns to keep track of our registries based on her recommendations and articles... and a new section to track our hand me downs and purchases for the nursery. Thank you!
  • Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I
    Topic(s) covered: Circumcision (I know it's a hot-button topic and, full-disclosure, my son is intact.)
    Why you think it's helpful; why you trust it: It's a really in-depth look at the practice of circumcision, from a  guy with a PhD, who's a professor at Georgetown. Watching this video helped solidify the decision I had planned on letting my husband make. Be forewarned, it's 30+ minutes long, but worth watching, if you have questions.

• @BumpAdmin pleeeeeeease sticky, please!!!!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kfren my son is also intact. My rationale is that his body made it for him, that’s his natural state. Who am I to modify him? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BumpAdmin please sticky this for us!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BumpAdmin - sticky this. Meow.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @BumpAdmin stickyyyyyyyy pweassssse
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BumpAdmin Sticky please? Pretty please? I'll let you play with my Malibu Stacy...
  • Thought I'd bump, since we're getting closer to crunch time. I've seen stuff in a lot of different threads that would fit nicely on here. 

@BumpAdmin Please sticky? With cherries on top?