July 2018 Moms

Unpopular Opinion (UO)

Re: Unpopular Opinion (UO)

• @emsnedds Friends and Office for SURE!!! And Parks and Rec! I literally have Friends memorized. My sisters and I used to have one of those Seen It games for Friends, and basically whoever went first would win because we never got anything wrong. 
  • @gspmom21 yessss OTH! I love that show so much. Every time I hear "Can't You See" on the radio, it takes me back to the season 6 (pretty sure) finale with all the main characters talking over the song. So so good!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • @emsnedds @christycalifornia I was watching Friends last night and it was the one where Rachel found out she was pregnant!!  This is particularly funny for me because the day before my second daughter was born I was admitted to the hospital for observation (we didn't know yet if we were going to be induced the next day or not) and I was watching Friends there and back to back it was the one where Phoebe had the triplets and then the one where Rachel had her baby!!  I told my husband it must be a sign, and sure enough we were induced the next morning!  Friends is in sync with my life   :D
  • @CareBear622 oh my gosh! That's hilarious!! The Friends Gods have spoken lol. 
    @christycalifornia  I need that seen it game in my life, asap. My mom and I would dominate  >:)
  • @CareBear622. that's so funny! When I was pregnant with my first I put on that episode as soon as I found out and binged Rachel's whole pregnancy. I did the same with Monica and Chandler when I got engaged.  :D yes, I'm a dork. No, I don't care. 
  • @Carebear622 that is hilarious. I binged watched that too with my first pregnancy. When I was in labor with DD, DH put Scrubs on  and it was the episode of Carla giving birth and I remember laughing about that in between contractions.
  • @lindsayleigh1989 don’t worry about not being apart of the TTGP board. I skipped that this time, but that’s because I know and understand the rules of TB and I feel like TTGP is a good test for people who want to be a part of TB. If you can’t do well in TTGP, you probably will suffer in your BMB. So just make sure to read up on the rules and you’ll be fine!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emsnedds @christycalifornia Friends, The Office 4life!! I too can quote every episode of Friends. No shame. And The Walking Dead is my number one fav (current show). 
  • My UO - I leave my 18 month old in his pjs all day until it’s bedtime when we’ll change to clean ones. We just get up early and it’s cold out. Sometimes I wish I didn’t have to change lol 

• My UO: I've never watched Game of Thrones. Stranger Things 4 Lyfe!
    THIS!  @christycalifornia I think we're TV soulmates  <3

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • I don’t get the freezer meal prep trend for expecting mom’s. Isn’t it just as easy to throw something fresh in the oven? You still have to plan ahead to defrost this stuff then bake it. I tried to research it on my commute home yesterday and I just don’t get it....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don’t get the freezer meal prep trend for expecting mom’s. Isn’t it just as easy to throw something fresh in the oven? You still have to plan ahead to defrost this stuff then bake it. I tried to research it on my commute home yesterday and I just don’t get it....
    No grocery shopping required? I did not do any freezer meals last time, I was too exhausted and overwhelmed with everything else that needed to be done. I like to think maybe I'll do it this time, but I'm really just kidding myself. I don't have that kind of motivation.  
  • @runsomewhere @zande2016 FTM here, I think we're going to do the freezer meals. It would be nice to have a fresh dinner, but I feel bad when DH has to cook. He doesn't mind at all, but I feel like I'm suppose to do it. I could have plenty energy and feel like cooking, so if that's the case we can ignore the freezer meals and just keep them for emergencies. However, he works full time, is getter his second degree and works out during the day, so I don't think I would ask him to grocery shop during the week. Again, he'd glady do it, but I don't want to ask. I think the freezer meals might work out best for us, but we're typically meal planners anyway.. cook one night for a few days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @zande2016 @gspmom21 maybe I'm in denial about how busy I will be with 2. We have a 2 year old and when we brought her home we had a pretty easy time (famous last words lol).

I do plan on ordering grocery delivery from the hospital before getting discharged to be delivered when we get home so we have a fully stocked fridge for the week. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere I imagine it'll be a lot with 2! Cooking might be easy for you! :) I know I'm fairly lazy, so I think freezer meals might be better for us, but I know my mother in law LOVES cooking and feeding people so I imagine she's going to cook for us some.

I think the delivery is a good idea! What business does that? That'll take some stress off you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited November 2017
    I do freezer meals to a point- really only for the croc pot to cut down on prep, soups, and maybe a lasagna or something like that. I love freezing things in portion sizes to take out just for me/DS instead of buying freezer meals. I dont really cook every day, and I don't like cooking just for myself. DH is only home for dinner max a few nights a week so this works for us. 
    I didn't really start this until DS was around 1, when he was younger it was easier to get things done. That being said he was a very easy baby, we probably won't be that lucky this time around  :D
  • gspmom21 said:

@runsomewhere I imagine it'll be a lot with 2! Cooking might be easy for you! :) I know I'm fairly lazy, so I think freezer meals might be better for us, but I know my mother in law LOVES cooking and feeding people so I imagine she's going to cook for us some.

I think the delivery is a good idea! What business does that? That'll take some stress off you.

I usually order from Safeway delivery or Amazon Fresh. We started doing if after vacations or weekend trips. I'd order groceries for the week and schedule delivery for when we get home so we come home to food for the week. 

Maybe I'm the lazy one thinking we'll just go out or use DoorDash if I can't get to cooking. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do freezer meals to a point- really only for the croc pot to cut down on prep, soups, and maybe a lasagna or something like that. I love freezing things in portion sizes to take out just for me/DS instead of buying freezer meals. I dont really cook every day, and I don't like cooking just for myself. DH is only home for dinner max a few nights a week so this works for us. 
    I didn't really start this until DS was around 1, when he was younger it was easier to get things done. That being said he was a very easy baby, we probably won't be that lucky this time around  :D
    I love my croc pot. I often toss some protein in there on Sunday then eat it alongside fresh salads and roasted veggies during the week.

I think that's one of my issues with freezer meals, I do a lot of fresh veggies and salads so I don't see how that would work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We've found a lasagna recipe and a few chicken ones. We would make the meals ahead and freeze them. DH mother freezes chicken spaghetti and roast a lot... so I wouldn't mind her sharing the love :)

Fingers crossed you have another sweet baby!

Pregnancy Ticker
    I don't get it either.  I've tried to do freezer meal prep in the past, but I feel like it takes so much planning and work!  And then, you have to plan ahead when you're going to cook one of them because they take FOREVER, and maybe we're the only ones, but we are usually just starting to think about what to have for dinner at 9:30 every night after the kids are in bed.  I would so much rather just throw something quick and fresh together.  I already have a new Pinterest board dedicated to dinners I can make super fast   :)
  • @runsomewhere yeah I'm the same, I don't usually put veggies in the croc pot- too mushy. I do roast a lot of veggies from frozen though and most of them come out really good. 
  • UO It weirds me out when pregnant people rub their bellies, but I definitely will be one who does it.... there's barely a baby there now and I already do it :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh yeah, @bdesterhouse same. STRANGERS..... why the heck would you ever touch someone you don't know?!?! I hope no one tries to do that with me even work friends. I'm only going to be ok with DH as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • On the stranger belly touching - NO WAY! With my daughter I hardly showed; I was (still am) overweight with very strong stomach muscles so I just looked like I was getting fatter. Literally no stranger asked if I was pregnant until two weeks before I gave birth, and that was when I was having contractions on a baby-moon in Carmel. I was so bummed, but there was a definite upside in that no one tried to touch me!
  • Pregnant bellies seriously bring out the crazies. With my first, a young(ish) girl who worked at a restaurant in my building told me to “come back and let her know how it was to deliver a baby” — WHAT? Also, I was hunted down by a man at a recruiting event handing out cupcakes because “that baby belly needs one”

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Random question... how do I do the spoiler siggy?

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bdesterhouse
    I think it's this? I don't remember how I did it! :s

1. Type whatever content you want or add a photo.
    2. Select only the content you want in the spoiler
    3. Click the paragraph symbol button. It looks like this: 

4. Click the "Spoiler" button. It'll show up now as a gray box with "..." but only after you post.
  • I'm doing a test.....
    testing 1 2 3

Did it work? If so, yay!

• @djh513 I LAUGHED WAY TO HARD at that. I WISH men would chase me down with cupcakes because they thought the "baby belly" needed it. Yes. it does, feed me!!!!

@Christycalifornia I'm sorry :( At least no one even thought once about being a weirdo and touching you. I don't know how I'm going to deal with that.

I've been self conscious about my stomach for.. I don't know forever... so 24/7 I suck in my belly so I look skinner.. I know dumb. One time I showed my husband and literally cried... I'm weird. So, people are going to think I'm further along when my belly gets hard enough and I can't continue to hold that sucker in anymore. Hopefully that's after I've told everyone at work. lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I never had anyone ask to touch my belly. One person did it without asking, but honestly it didn't bother me that one time even though he didn't ask. I guess if people were coming at me like the paparazzi it would be different, but I never gave it a second thought
  • djh513 said:
    Pregnant bellies seriously bring out the crazies. With my first, a young(ish) girl who worked at a restaurant in my building told me to “come back and let her know how it was to deliver a baby” — WHAT? Also, I was hunted down by a man at a recruiting event handing out cupcakes because “that baby belly needs one” 

I'm just going to assume (for my own sake) that this man looked like Ryan Reynolds and say this is literally my dream  B)
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @gspmom21 @stlmegs LOL it was an older man and he was actually really sweet about it. I was with a couple of my coworkers, one was also pregnant (3 mos behind me), and we laughed very hard about it and she ended up having to chase him down for a cupcake because he didn’t realize she was pregnant as well.

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• gspmom21 said:

@djh513 I LAUGHED WAY TO HARD at that. I WISH men would chase me down with cupcakes because they thought the "baby belly" needed it. Yes. it does, feed me!!!!

@Christycalifornia I'm sorry :( At least no one even thought once about being a weirdo and touching you. I don't know how I'm going to deal with that.

I've been self conscious about my stomach for.. I don't know forever... so 24/7 I suck in my belly so I look skinner.. I know dumb. One time I showed my husband and literally cried... I'm weird. So, people are going to think I'm further along when my belly gets hard enough and I can't continue to hold that sucker in anymore. Hopefully that's after I've told everyone at work. lol

I’m a big girl and have always been self conscious about my belly too. Part of the reason I love being pregnant is because I don’t have to suck in anymore. I love that my belly isn’t fat for once- it’s a baby that I am making!! Hopefully you can find a way to love your stomach a little bit more!
  • Thank you :)@hillbillywife I will definitely love it when it's obvious its a little baby in there versus 76 little Debbie Cakes. :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • gspmom21 said:

Thank you :)@hillbillywife I will definitely love it when it's obvious its a little baby in there versus 76 little Debbie Cakes. :D

76 little Debbie cakes are totally worth it too though lol.  :D
  • I still do the litter box during pregnancy. I can't stand how my husband does it and asking him over and over and stressing is worse for the baby than just doing it and washing my hands. Also, their little litter paws touch everything, so honestly I would exposed anyways and much more so if the litter box is dirty constantly.
  • Katm89 said:
    I still do the litter box during pregnancy. I can't stand how my husband does it and asking him over and over and stressing is worse for the baby than just doing it and washing my hands. Also, their little litter paws touch everything, so honestly I would exposed anyways and much more so if the litter box is dirty constantly.
    THIS. 
    There isn't enough nagging in the world to get my husband to do it properly/enough. I've had cats my whole life, I'm sure I've had it already. I'd rather do it myself and know it's clean. 
  • Same for me on the litter box. He will let it sit until the smell makes me gag from across the house