June 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms (week of November 6)

Re: Weekly Randoms (week of November 6)

• Loading the player...
  • @catlady1215 That's so sweet of him!!
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @galactickates so so agree! Love that he tried so hard for you.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @galactickates that is so sweet. Might be a little jealous over here haha
  • Peach salsa and cantina chips are my jam right now. Also, peach pear lacroix. 

DD apparently told everyone at daycare that she will be a big sister.  We literally have not told dd yet. I had to dance around the question with a half truth comment/avoid the actual question since our ultrasound is tomorrow.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This babe doesn't even like gummy vitamins. I've been taking gummy vitD and prenatals for years. Now I have to take them right before eating and I still burp them up for a good hour or more. Wtf
  • Re: announcements...with my 1st I was all about the official announcement...was basically counting down the days until the 12 week mark to make it "official" (everyone close to me knew)...this time around I just don't care.  It just sounds like a lot of work.  Is that terrible?
    First child: kept it a secret for awhile because I was a single mother. 
    Second child: called everyone the day we got a positive test. Announced it publicly once we had an ultrasound.
    Third child: waited until 9 weeks and posted a photo of my husband and our oldest holding the ultrasound. I wanted to do something cute but got tired of waiting around. I wanted to tell the world.
    Fourth child: only told my parents and his parents. Good thing too. We miscarried a week later. 
    This pregnancy: my mom knew there was a chance I was pregnant so I told her the day of. Then I told my dad and sister. We told my husband's parents only a few days ago with a thank you note(they had recently helped us out). Slowly telling our friends. We are having family photos taken in a week and I'll be posting those to facebook on Thanksgiving(most of my family lives out of state) saying that this is what I'm thankful for this year. I plan on having a sign in the photos with a quote about rainbows since this is our rainbow baby. ❤
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @krashke Yes! I picked up a family sized bag last night  :D

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• I watched one of those Facebook cooking videos making chicken parm this morning and it’s all I could think about. Now I desperately want Mexican food. 

I think I need a Mexican/Italian fusion restaurant. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @catlady1215 - I feel your pain!  I'm going through the same thing.  I love that show so much I just don't want to see the spoilers.  I have tons is laundry to do tonight so I'm going fold and watch it.  Mr. Robot is on tonight too so I have lots to keep me busy.  
  • @galactickates we can't watch any shows till ds goes to sleep. he's way to loud lol. and by then I make it a full 10-15 mins into a show before passing out. :D
  • @catlady1215 Yep...I never turn on something I actually want to watch because I know I won't make it long...  

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• @patientlywaiting10 exactly! I don't know why DH even asks which show i want to watch. It don't matter... I'll just be rewatching it the next day by myself either way.
  • @catlady1215 me too!  DH was traveling this week so I was waiting for him to get home to watch it!
  • So we have another appointment tomorrow and I took a sick day today (best decision ever) my first one ever in life. I’m toying with the idea of telling my job/coworkers after the dr appointment. One already knows as I used the of card for not attending a conference on Friday. I’m really ready for leggings to be my typical work attire. Clothes are beyond annoying at this point. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Is anyone else having trouble with the app again? I haven't been able to reply for the past couple of days. And now I can't see which threads have new replies. It sounds like the issues everyone has having before. Works fine on the laptop (for now/knock on wood!). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 mine did that the other day.  I clicked “new discussion” and then it asked me to log in again.  I was then able to just go back to the board and it was fixed.
  • Thanks @Miz_Liz! I knew there was a work-around, but I couldn't remember what it was.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @nakoehl I literally just LOL'd! haha  :):):)

@Austenista  there couldn't be truer words spoken!  o:)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @doxiemoxie212 I'm so sorry that happened! I have the same allergy and I am the WORST about doing what YH did. It drives MH insane. He always wants to use the epi pen and go straight to the hospital, but I always want to take a few benedryl and stay home. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 that would be so scary and I would def call the ice cream place and be like "just so you know..." because they need to be better about that. 

Also I think it is common for babies to be sensitive/allergic to nuts in the first year. And if you're planning on breast feeding and they are allergic to nuts then you would want to steer clear of them too. Maybe it will be better if you are the one that is being diligent about asking. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @LaceyBee522 I mean, I get it. Going to the hospital sucks, and it's unnecessarily expensive to go to the ER, etc etc etc. But it drives me crazy that he doesn't put more effort into asking what is in something. He gets SO mad at me if I tell a waiter he has a nut allergy, but I'm like, you're a lawyer! If we don't tell the restaurant, I can't sue them if you die!
  • @doxiemoxie212 How scary!!!  I'm glad you all caught it in time and his reaction was mild!  

All are welcome!

• @doxiemoxie212 super scary!  But i must say, I LOL'ed at his reaction to being a taste tester for the baby haha Something my husband totally would say too. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 and @sunshineandwhiskey yeah I get that but like if they have diagnosed a true nut allergy while you're still breastfeeding. Like my cousin found out her baby was allergic to eggs so she had to cut them out too. 
    *TW LC*

• @krashke oh yeah, thats definitely completely different.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited November 2017
    @krashke yeah, but the only way you can diagnose an allergy in a baby like that is through trial and error. From what I understand, egg allergies are also super different from nut allergies for some reason. I read an article a while back about this trial that was done with children who are allergic to, like, everything, and there's something about egg that is different. I can't remember. I'll try to find the article... it was a few years ago... but I can't imagine how much that would suck. Like, these kids were allergic to eggs, dairy, soy + a bunch of other random stuff. How do you get small kids to avoid all that?? Yikes.

Found it: https://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/magazine/can-a-radical-new-treatment-save-children-with-severe-allergies.html

It doesn't talk about eggs being different, but still super interesting. I think maybe I came across that when I was doing media monitoring for the feeding disorders clinic of a children's hospital I did PR for, but it was ages ago...
  • @doxiemoxie212 definitely trial and error. I'm not going to avoid anything while breastfeeding unless there is an issue. And I'm also planning on doing baby led weaning and I will give them everything that they can reasonably. I would be interested to know how egg is different. It is something that I believe she has since grown out of but it was a huge PITA because eggs are in everything. You basically can't have any processed foods and so much kid food is processed convenience food. 
    *TW LC*

• @doxiemoxie212 So I’ve totally used my epipen without going to the hospital. I’ve only had to use it once because I was having heart pain in addition to the breathing issues. I’m usually the same same your DH though. Benedryl and asthma inhaler and water and I’ll be fine. 

Also, unfortunately if both parents have food allergies, your kids are more likely to have them. Obviously, it’s not an exact thing and the allergies may be totally different. DH and I both have them and so do both our kids. And since I’m allergic to like to a lot of the major ones (nuts, peanuts, shellfish, eggs) I couldn’t even introduce it in breastmilk. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @doxiemoxie212 that's scary! and glad he's ok! but I'd have to call that place up and bitch. that should not be something they think is a simple little 'oops'.