June 2018 Moms

Freebies and Deals

Found any good ones?
We are so excited to grow our family!
DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Freebies and Deals

• @sabby2 Oh that's a good idea. We aren't having a shower (that we know of) for this baby either but we could certainly use the discount for registry items!

I haven't found any particular deals but there's a baby convention called the Prego Expo that comes to my city every year that I plan on attending, last time I got a ton of freebies and I won a raffle for a free newborn photo session. I would say be on the lookout for similar conventions near you all, you never know what cool stuff you can score!
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @sabby2 I will likely start a registry for this one even though we won't have a shower.  The amazon gift bag last year had a Kinde starter kit and a cute onsie, so I will probably use them again.  Plus I know my MIL will buy stuff on it whenever she comes to visit, assuming that is stuff we still need. 

If Babies R Us does the endless rewards still I might also register there for the nursery furniture- might as well get money back on stuff I know I will be buying- especially the expensive stuff.  Worried they won't do that anymore since filing for bankruptcy.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @katelynrae86 Never knew that about the Amazon registry!  I will have to do that too!!  We won't have a shower this time around so anything to help will be great! 
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Yeah, I'm just making "hidden" registries all over the place for the free deals. Def won't have a shower, so they're really just shopping lists for DH and I, and we'll end up buying whatever is on sale/best price/etc in third tri. Also may or may not lie about due date....
  • I will be doing another Amazon registry too.  For the free gift, and they give a completion discount :) I'm really hoping to track down some good Black Friday deals on a glider though. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey do you have a Buy Buy Baby near you?  If so, I would recommend you check them out for gliders.  I knew that I wanted an armchair style one (vs wooden) with the ottoman.  Every one I found was like $1200+ and that didn’t include the ottoman.  I ended up finding one there that I LOVED that came with the ottoman, pick your own fabric and I want to say it was $500ish.  They take their 20% off coupons there on furniture too so it basically paid taxes and shipping.  5+ years later it’s still in amazing shape and we use it daily!
  • @sunshineandwhiskey I second Buy Buy Baby for the gliders.  We love ours and the customer service was great too!  There was an issue with the ottoman (missing a screw) and they replaced it very quickly. 
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @Miz_Liz @jsl82 Thanks ladies!! We do have a buy buy baby! I’m so excited now. A glider was one thing we didn’t buy with DD and my MIL gave us this old wooden style one. It did the job but my neck did not appreciate the times I fell asleep in it. 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are doing a bru, target, and Amazon registry just for the coupons and freebies. We won't be having a shower.  Also, if you plan to formula feed, each major brand (similac, Enfamil, Gerber) all will send samples and coupons if you call/sign up on their website.
  • @TravelingCouple I just went and looked and in order to qualify for some of the items you have to be an Amazon Prime member.  If you are, great, if not, now may be the time to sign up!  :) 

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• Use code PUMP27 at checkout and this drops from $50 to $6.95 shipped!

https://www.kiinde.com/slkn_product.php
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 I am and was in 2014 too, hmm
  • I wasn’t eligible for the amazon box last time and I’m not this time either. That’s annoying. 
  • @marcus7676 last time I signed up for it and it required you to add a ton to your registry from all of these different categories (which was a PITA and time consuming) and the box was extremely disappointing.  It showed all of these amazing full size products and it was all tiny lame samples.
  • So my registry on amazon from last baby is still active and I went on there and ordered another welcome box lol. I figured I'd have to buy something new. 
  • @katie121209 That does look really good! Is it obvious how to get the box? Just start a registry? Also, can you keep the registry private (we aren't telling people yet)?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @katie121209 THAT IS SO MUCH BETTER
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @katie121209  Thanks for sharing!!  That looks great!  I'm going to have to sign up now too!  :) 

All are welcome!

• So I started our Amazon registry to get the box and here is a little tidbit...we are on a friends prime account from years ago when you could add family members. We get Prime shipping but not instant video or a few other perks. We will have to get our own Prime to get the 20% off diapers but we were planning on asking for that on our registry or for Christmas. However, you have to have your own Prime account to get the baby box. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• You can definitely keep your registry private. I believe you have to create a registry with items from certain categories, and purchase ten dollars worth off your registry. For some reason my last registry is still active and it let me order a new box without doing anything else. 
  • That swaddle is adorable! I’m definelty getting a box with this pregnancy. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @katie121209 I didn't realize I could just order another... I thought I was going to have to delete and start new (which I was willing to do).  Love the swaddle and Water Wipes!  Yay... will be doing that tonight when I order a bunch of other random stuff from Amazon.

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @katie121209 Wow that looks great! I'm looking at my old registry for DS (and it's bringing back such nostalgia) and I don't see any option to buy a box. Whereabouts is it when you're in the registry page?
  • @TravelingCouple it's under "offers and benefits" under the baby registry tab 
  • @katie121209 - That doesn't show up in my list!  I wonder if your registry has to be shared to see that.  Mine is only viewable to me right now.  I won't open it to the public until after we know if we're having a boy or girl.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @TravelingCouple and @mytinc If you're not on mobile, you can see the welcome box at the top of your registry. It says Welcome Box Check Status. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @LaceyBee522.  I also see that we get a free Kindle/Ebook.  :)

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
  • I see it now! I had to delete my old registry and create a new one. I guess my old registry was too old because the screen looked totally different! I made my qualifying purchase so it says once that ships I'll be able to claim my box :) I also got a free rattle for making the first purchase on the registry! So that's pretty cool.
  • I just registered for a free Walmart Baby Box too.. I read it may not be viewable on mobile, so if you can't see it - hop on a computer!

https://walmart.cesampling.com/babybox/order
  • @mytinc I didn't see the free kindle book. Where was that??

@TravelingCouple I got the rattle too! So cute!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Laceybee522 - Here's where I found it.  I'm on my computer vs. mobile. 

First Son - born 2013
  • @Laceybee522 - I think it said you have to be Prime and have to redeem within a week of starting your registry.  I redeemed it this afternoon.

First Son - born 2013
  • wow I didn't know of all these freebie boxes when I had DS in 2012! I'll be putting in for registries for sure! Thank you ladies!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS: born Feb 2012
    BFP #1 Aug '15. EDD 4/25/16, MMC Dec '15, D&E Dec '15
    BFP #2 Sept '17  EDD 6/18/18
    praying for our rainbow baby
  • Hi guys,
    I just wanted to mention I received my freebie box from Amazon yesterday and I was pretty impressed. It was pretty much exactly like what @katie121209 received above, but instead of the monkey toy, it has a box with two rattles (which works perfectly for us!). 

Also, @BumpAdmin is this something that could be stickied? It seems like we would continue to update this as more folks start registries and find deals. If so, much appreciated!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 I got mine yesterday, too! I love free stuff!

• @LaceyBee522 Yup I got the 2 rattles as well! Box just came today :)