June 2018 Moms
Options

Mommas with Nausea

pinktorridorapinktorridora member
edited November 2017 in June 2018 Moms
I had thought I was in the clear this pregnancy, but I am not.  I had crazy nausea with my daughter's pregnancy and had to take Zofran every day from 7 weeks to the day I went into labor, just to live my life.  I know it's normal in the first trimester but I can't help but think this is just how my body deals with pregnancy.
Is Zofran still the go-to medication for nausea, or do doctors and mommas prefer Diclegis?  Anyone in here take both and can compare?
Anniversary

Re: Mommas with Nausea

• Options
    Hi there. You can find this widely discussed in our symptoms thread.  It varies from doctor to mom's preference what works and what is prescribed.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, a lot of us are dealing with nausea.
    Hence why we have one symptoms thread instead of having everyone be a speshul snowflayk and start their own.
    We also talk about what meds we take or what other methods we use to deal with it.

Crazy how a conversation works, when you don't just peak in a room and demand everyone look at you and answer your questions.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So I came back to this post to update after talking to my in-laws (pharmacists). I was surprised to learn the Diclegis might not be covered by insurance bc it’s a new drug, maybe that’s not new information for you all...

Anywho, didn’t mean to ruffle any panties by posting about nausea/medication in a separate thread. I’m not a first timer, nor a special snowflake as is assumed above. Just a second time working mom who is juggling about a million things at once, including phone tag with insurance adjusters about a collision I was in yesterday and thinking about the US I’m getting tomorrow to make sure baby is okay.

Crazy how a conversation works when you assume good intentions, and realize everyone is doing the best they can.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I had thought I was in the clear this pregnancy, but I am not.  I had crazy nausea with my daughter's pregnancy and had to take Zofran every day from 7 weeks to the day I went into labor, just to live my life.  I know it's normal in the first trimester but I can't help but think this is just how my body deals with pregnancy.
    Is Zofran still the go-to medication for nausea, or do doctors and mommas prefer Diclegis?  Anyone in here take both and can compare?
    So I came back to this post to update after talking to my in-laws (pharmacists). I was surprised to learn the Diclegis might not be covered by insurance bc it’s a new drug, maybe that’s not new information for you all...

Anywho, didn’t mean to ruffle any panties by posting about nausea/medication in a separate thread. I’m not a first timer, nor a special snowflake as is assumed above. Just a second time working mom who is juggling about a million things at once, including phone tag with insurance adjusters about a collision I was in yesterday and thinking about the US I’m getting tomorrow to make sure baby is okay.

Crazy how a conversation works when you assume good intentions, and realize everyone is doing the best they can.
    QFP, just in case.

That's super awesome. Still no reason not to take the time to follow the norms.
    We're all busy people with a lot going on in our lives, too. Somehow we still manage to give and get support and post in the established threads and not "ruffle any panties" by feeling like we need our own threads for something that's talked about every day by 10 other women.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    You get out of this community what you put into it. If you can’t bother to put in a little effort and just expect us to be your Google, you won’t find this place very helpful. 
  • Options
    Clearly, she is juggling far more than anyone else here, c'mon guys!  ;)

But seriously, you would have found the answers you were seeking (and a ton of other super helpful suggestions and feedback) had you clicked on the symptoms thread. 

Good luck with the nausea, hopefully you figure out the very best solution for you, and your insurance company. 
  • Options

This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s unwelcoming tone. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"