Pregnant after IF
Options

Missed a dose of progesterone

Hello ladies, sorry to barge in here but I am freaking out a bit. I am 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant after FET. Somehow last night I passed out (it’s been a long week) and forgot my evening dose of progesterone. I am on crinone gel twice per day. I woke up at 6am today and realized, then took it right away. I am usually so responsible and never had to set alarms to remember my meds before but I will now. I’m just so worried it will cause a m/c since that’s the only source of progesterone for the baby until about 8 weeks. I’m going to be even more worried about every little twinge now. I’m waiting for my RE’s office to open so that I can call and let them know also but has this ever happened to any of you? Should I really be worried after missing one dose?

Re: Missed a dose of progesterone

• Options
    Calm down! Probably they will tell you not to worry about it or to add a third dose today (or whenever you get through) to make up for it. People miss doses all the time. I definitely ended up with at least one day late dose of estrogen, and a lot of my progesterone ended up being a couple hours off for this cycle, and it worked much better than my last! Obviously whatever your doctor says is most important, but once I switched to my OB (after 3 rounds of IVF with the RE), he was super chill and calm about everything and it was very refreshing. He was telling me to not worry about spotting or mild cramps (your uterus is growing, it's not designed to be comfortable!), but to call if cramps were unbearable or I was soaking a pad. Which are definitely things to worry about, but I feel like we get so used to our doctors wanting to know about every single little thing that we forget that our bodies are actually trying to stay pregnant, and that even though we had to do fertility treatments to get that way, it's still a completely normal biological process, and there is a LOT science can do to help us. 

Sorry for the brain mush dump, point is to take a deep breath and remember that this baby is doing its best to grow and develop, and there is very little that YOU can do to hurt that. Good luck!

(btw I'm 18 wks with twins now, so really having non precise doses isn't the end if the world!)
  • Options
    I think you should be okay! Your body will also produce progesterone so what the REs give us to take is actually supplemental. 
    My TTC journey:
    Me and DH: 30-35
    Unexplained infertility
    TTC #1 since 2015
    11/2015 - BFP!     12/2015 - MC  :'(
    IVF #1 July 2017 freeze all (20 eggs, 15 mature, 10 fert, 6 blasts, 4 PGS normal)
    FET #1 TBD  Surprise BFP 9/2017 while waiting for FET... hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I missed a couple afternoon doses as I am on it 3 times per day and everything has been okay. Don’t stress. :) 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies, I really appreciate it. I know I need to take a deep breath and chill out. This process is stressful no matter what stage you are at. My office also got back to me (finally) and said it’s ok as long as the dose is take not within 24 hours of the last one. By that time I had panicked and taken a second dose which I didn’t need  :D