June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions (week of 10/23)

124»

Re: Weekly Questions (week of 10/23)

• Options
    @mytinc That is very true. You can't control who you'll get. It's good to try to figure out if yours is the only good OB in the practice for that reason, lol. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin  DD was sunny side up also and I delivered vaginally.  2 1/2 hours of pushing and an episiotomy later but I delivered vaginally.  If I wouldn't have had the doctor I had with the experience he had there's no question I would have had a C Section also.  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @zamora_spin That's crazy they would have made her get a c-section. Both my kids were delivered vaginally face up. It was never even mentioned to me regarding c/s.
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dinodna3 the baby was face down - that was the problem. I'm not sure why that is harder. 
  • Options
    I thought they were suppose to be head down/face down. Am I wrong or just confused?
  • Options
    @zamora_spin - - a sunny side up baby (posterior position) is head down but face up (face in the abdomen).  If your sister's baby was face down (anterior position), that is actually the preferred birthing position.  Posterior babies may make labor harder / harder. My kid was sunny side up in ROP and destroyed me during labor (fast, but difficult). This website is a great resource for labor positioning of babies: https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/baby-positions/belly-mapping/
  • Options
    @marcus7676 Thanks for the link! Both my kids where sunny side up but we didn't know until they started coming out. Maybe that's why they didn't mention c/s to me. 
  • Options
    I’ve heard that sunny side up is totally fine if you have a particular pelvis shape, which I think generally midwives are better trained to recognize? I believe is the anthropoid pelvis? More common in black and Hispanic women. I think it’s very hard for gynecoid pelvis but nearly impossible for android or platypoid pelvises? I am probably spelling those words wrong lol. 
  • Options
    I had a sunny side up baby. I pushed for 3 hours; however, nothing changed. My doctor would have let me labor all night if I wanted to and dd's vitals were fine. But I wound up asking for the c/s because I was exhausted from 15 hours of labor and no epidural. 
  • Options
    @=caenis= I would recommend ASOS Maternity in addition to Pink Blush. I got "occasion" dresses from both places during my last pregnancy.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @marcus7676 It's clear I don't really understand birthing positions, thanks for the link. 

Now idk what it was, except every OB has said to her they would have done a c-section so, whichever way is harder I guess. 
    @doxiemoxie212 My mom's hips were too narrow to give birth to me so I was a c-section, I hope I have wider hips. They weirdly let my mom labor forever both with me and my sister, even though VBAC wasn't a thing when my sister was born. Dumb. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin Just as an anecdote: I have super narrow hips and was worried about being able to push out a kid, but my baby shot out of there like a rocket. I have been told it has more to do with the alignment of the pelvis/pubic bone/birth canal, but I don't know...it all sounds like pure chance to me. Anyway, just some hope for the narrow-hipped ladies!
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro "shot out of there a rocket" made me laugh out loud SO HARD. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin Just as an anecdote: I have super narrow hips and was worried about being able to push out a kid, but my baby shot out of there like a rocket. I have been told it has more to do with the alignment of the pelvis/pubic bone/birth canal, but I don't know...it all sounds like pure chance to me. Anyway, just some hope for the narrow-hipped ladies!
    Yes it’s entireky unrelated to the exterior of your hips. It’s the interior. Let me go find the YouTube video I posted a while ago. It explains it so well. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin @MoonOverGoldsboro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7YucfJuziU

From what I’ve researched, you can soooort of guess your pelvis shape from the width of your pubic bone, and how much space is like, available between your sit bones when you bring your knees up to your chest? But realistically you need an X-ray to tell. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 @zamora_spin

FASCINATING. The human body is wild. I’m gonna try to do some pelvis-guessing this weekend...
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • Options
    What do we think of Ramsi theories?  I can't figure out if it was even right for dd.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sabby2 ~ I can’t tell if it would have been right for DS either. Haha 
  • Options
    @sabby2 I think it’s right 50% of the time ;)