Babies on the Brain

Introduce yourself here :)

Re: Introduce yourself here :)

• Ages (you and SO): I am 30 and DH is 32
    What brings you tog BOTB?  We had a miscarriage in August, found out in September it was a molar pregnancy, found out about 1.5 weeks ago it was most likely malignant and I just started chemo last week.
    When will you start TTC?  We have been trying since February, obviously, we are now benched for an unknown amount of time.  If I can stay with the type of chemo I am currently using, we will be able to try again within 6 months of being done.
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.). I have 2 wonderful kids.  DD is 6 and DS is 4.  We have 2 cats, a dog and a rabbit.  I am the contact lens coordinator for an ophthalmology practice.  
  • @holly321 I’m sorry for your loss and I hope your chemo goes well and you can get back to ttc soon. Welcome!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • lionwholivedlionwholived member
    edited October 2017
    Ages (you and SO): I'm 26 & my girl is 30
    What brings you to BOTB? We're starting the process to TTC and I need to talk about it! We're picking out a donor, finishing up my girlfriend's last month of BC, going to her OB to discuss how we'll treat her PCOS, and starting to track BBT & CF etc so we're ready for it when we start TTC.
    When will you start TTC? We're hoping to do a trial run with our donor next month but we're not expecting anything because she won't even be a cycle off BC. Hoping to start trying properly in december.
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.)
    I'm a trans man, I've been lurking for a bit now. My girl and I are *ecstatic* to start our family, we've both wanted kids for so long. Right now we have 2 dogs (pomeranians) and 3 cats, but that's in flux - one of the dogs is our roommate's, and she'll be moving out in the next few months, and one of the cats is a stray kitten we found who we're still waiting to find the owner of - but if we don't she's ours. I'm a full time student working on my degree in education, and my girl is disabled but she's still working on starting an art business. We're both artists, & huge nerds. 
    me: trans man, 27 | fiance: 31
  • Welcome, everyone!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Ages (you and SO): Me: 34 / DH: 37
    What brings you to BOTB?  DH and I are about to start trying so I'm gathering information and getting into the mindset.
    When will you start TTC?  We originally aligned to December 2017 but we could start trying in November after I have my IUD removed.
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.):  Love wine and good action movies.  Proud dog mama.
  • Welcome @peony_rose !
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hey @peony_rose, welcome!  MH and I are on about the same timeline as you.
  • welcome, @peony_rose
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Welcome aboard, @peony_rose!
  • Welcome everyone!

I've been out of the loop for a little bit. TTC date officially starts December 31st, which is the first day of my fertile week for January! Thought my fertile week would be later in the month but it moved up some so we're starting sooner than later. Can't believe that's next month, I'm beyond excited. NYE will be extra special this year!! 

Anyone else starting December/January? First timers?

Me: 25  DH: 27
    TTC #1: 1/18
  • Hi Everyone!

Ages (you and SO): I'm 28 and DH is 31.
    What brings you to BOTB? Starting to prepare for a possible #3  :o We keep going back and forth, but this time we're both leaning pretty heavily toward going for it.
    When will you start TTC? We're thinking maybe April? I'm MOH in a wedding next fall that I'll have to travel pretty far for, so I'm hoping to dodge 1st tri sickness, 3rd tri hugeness, and newborn craziness around that time. It's a pretty narrow window haha.
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) DD is nearly 3, DS is 18mo, and we have a fuzzy dog-child too. I'm a former engineer who very recently left my job to stay home with the kiddos. Total nerd, love to read and play piano.

Me: 28, DH: 31
    Married since 3/10/12
    DD Born 12/15/14
    DS Born 5/31/16

• @ELT88 welcome! I’m an engineer as well. My DD is almost 17 months now.
  • Hi @almondrose and @ELT88 !!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
  • Ages (you and SO): Both 26
    What brings you to BOTB? Been lurking for a while. We are talking about when we want to start trying for our first, so I’m looking for information from internet strangers so I don’t have to spill the beans just yet IRL!
    When will you start TTC?  Original plan was to wait until summer 2019, but now we are considering summer 2018, so possibly June 1.
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc): No kids yet, but we want at least 2, maybe 3. One dog and thinking about getting another - maybe if we don’t end up successfully TTC this summer! I love reading, wine, dogs, spending time with family (I have a big family!).
  • Welcome aboard, guys!
  • Welcome @kristah2! Glad to have you!
  • Welcome, @kristah2!
  • @Wishilivedinflorida welcome! Sorry for your previous losses.
  • @Wishilivedinflorida Welcome! I'm sorry for your previous losses.
  • *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • welcome, @kdizzle_90
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Welcome, @kdizzle_90!
  • @kdizzle_90 welcome!
  • Hi, ladies!

Ages (you and SO): I'm 37 and DH is almost 31

What brings you to BOTB? I was on the May 16 BMB for my DD and since we are going to start TTC soon, I wanted to come back to TB community.  I've missed it!

When will you start TTC? We started NTNP last month and we'll probably get serious on my next cycle (in a week or 2?!  :o )

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.)  I'm a Customer Service Manager for a glass manufacturing company in Denver.  DH and I have been married for a little over 2.5 years and our DD is 19 months old (as of today!).  We have 2 St. Bernards named Husker and Herbie (DH is a Nebraska fan) and an overweight cat named CJ.  DH and I were both born and raised in KS (different parts of the state) but we met in CO.  I'm a big sports fan (Denver Broncos-season ticket holder, KC Royals, KU Jayhawks, CO Rockies) and love going to games.  Also love going to concerts and being outdoors with my family.  We're looking forward to completing our family with a sibling for DD!    

• Welcome @clbness! I have a June16 baby. It’s such a fun age...
  • Thanks @meggyme !  SUCH a fun age (except the random tantrums lately).  :D

• Welcome @clbness!! The tantrums will only get worse! Lol, my son is 22 months and he has some pretty bad moments, but still a great age watching how much he's learning! Also, I'm a KC Chiefs fan born and raised! So look out! Haha
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Welcome back @AllyTheKid!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 Thanks!  I know, I keep preparing myself for the *real* tantrums.  Ugh, my Broncos are inferior to your Chiefs this year.  :|  Do you live in KS/MO/KC Metro?

• @clbness I'm on the KCMO side, about 30 mins north of downtown. My cousin is a Broncos fan and he and I are always giving each other crap, haha. He did admit that the Broncos aren't doing too well this year.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Welcome, @clbness and @AllyTheKid!
  • @dreamscapes_ Thank you!

@CecilB93  Nice!  I lived on the KCMO side right by Avila University for a year and in Olathe for 2 years.  A lot of my besties are still in the metro area too so I decided to come back to KC to have my bachelorette party at The K.  :)

• @clbness ahh!! That's so awesome!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• kaymiller913kaymiller913 member
    edited December 2017
    Ages (you and SO):
    Married: September 13, 2014
    Me: 26 DH: 29
    DD: August 4, 2015
    DS: June 2, 2017
    TTC # 3