April 2018 Moms

FFFC

Anyone got anything today?

Re: FFFC

• ngolimentongolimento member
    edited October 2017
    I am pretty ashamed to admit it, but my past eating disorder issues are getting to me more than they have in years.  My doctor is starting to get concerned that I am losing weight, and it felt so GOOD to hear her say that.. It's so messed up, and it is absolutely not an option to let this harm the kid, but it hit me unexpectedly.  I had this under control for so long (I have actually been a little overweight for about 5 years). So frustrating to suddenly deal with something I thought I had conquered.

I'm pretty ashamed that my very first reaction wasn't concern and immediate planning to remedy it.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @ngolimento I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that. I think it's great that you're so aware of your feelings and working on them.  Feeling for you <3
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Loading the player...
  • @linsye oh man, that would have been my reaction too! Someone suggested a really fun party for Halloween (which is my birthday) and I was like what are you talking about, I won't get home until after 10pm, are you mental? I know this is unlikely, but can your husband make time in his schedule today so you can take a nap? 

@ngolimento I had some issues with disordered eating when I was younger, and I still have a... challenging relationship with food. I have to admit, I would have had your exact reaction if my doctor said that to me. So count me in as needing to work on some of these issues still. I know how frustrating it is when you think you've mentally conquered something. Sending you hugs and hopefully you can show yourself some compassion. I think if you are super hard and judgey on yourself, that can make the feelings of low self-worth even worse and exacerbate the issue. Please be kind to yourself!  <3
  • @stalkinghorse unfortunately not - he is leaving work early anyway so we can sit in an uber in an hour of gridlock traffic to get to the stadium on time. This is me smiling - I promise! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @ngolimento I have never had to deal with an eating disorder so I can't relate but i'm glad you are aware of your feelings.  Sending you good thoughts that you get through this. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @ngolimento I'm sorry you're dealing with that, it's great that you're self aware enough to catch yourself and work on it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lund I am exactly the same way with other people's kids.  I have never liked or interacted with children before getting KU.  Of course MY kids are amazing and wonderful :p.

I did find that once I had a baby, other babies were suddenly way more interesting and made me warm and fuzzy whereas I used to not notice them at all.  It's like a switch flipped in my brain.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @lund I totally agree. Like @ngolimento said, once you have a kid that same age I feel like you can at least speak the language, which for me now means that for every kid over the age 5, I have no idea what to talk about with them.

But being able to speak the language does not mean that you're going to love all of them. Let's say just for instance that I truly like/vibe with maybe 5% of the people I meet; why would kids be substantially different? They're just miniature people, after all, and I am not destined to love every single one I encounter.
  • @zombiemom1318 I'm the same way about other people's kids since having my own. I love DS to death and I cannot get enough of him, but now other people's kids just seem like extra work.

My FFFC is that since I've been pregnant I love the smell of cigarette smoke. Which I know is so incredibly disgusting, and I do have enough common since to avoid it whenever I can. But suddenly it smells...good. Wtf, nose?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• mikkimikey  Worst thing I've heard...probably ever about a pregnant lady. My goodness lol 

kaymaroo  You liking the smell is so odd! I've had SUCH aversions to smell its crazy, if someone comes into the bathroom stall besides me that even remotely smells like smoke I have to evacuate ASAP. lol 
  • @btm013 oh man, I don't blame you for one second for the spa OR for skipping the Halloween party today. A week at Disney with a 2.5 year old and extended family sounds like hell. I have family in Florida and they keep pressuring us to bring the kids and meet them at Disney. That would big a big NOPE. They're 1 and 2.5, and my 2.5 year old would be exactly as yours was -- scared of a lot (including the Disney characters walking around) and pissed the rides he likes have to end. Throw in 3578° heat and there's just no way. I commend you for surviving that! 
  • @Dumbgurl04 LOL such a scandalous use of your privacy cc!! And now I want cheese fries! mmmm
  • @kaymaroo That is so weird! have you ever been a smoker? I weirdly love the smell of skunks and gas. Pregnant or not lol 
  • haha right @saralee797-2 I usually only use my card every once in a while and pay it off so I can help my credit.  But lately I have being buying food and I even bought tickets to Niall Horan's concert next August with it. Which I think my husband knows I bought those tickets with my card because I told him I was going and he clearly didn't see the charge on our joint card. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @Dumbgurl04 I use mine to online shop  :D It is mostly because I have the numbers memorized but him not seeing every charge is an added bonus haha I also use it for birthday and Christmas presents to keep them a surprise.
    OMG @kmalls my H had a cold when I was in the first tri and I had absolutely NO sympathy. Like there is no way possible you could feel as crappy as me. Get over it. 
  • @kmalls DO NOT GO!! Fight the guilt and pressure! It’s so not worth it when they are that young! I know my family will want to go in 2-3 years and I refuse. Not until this baby is at the very least 4. Four or five would be ideal.
  • kaymarookaymaroo member
    edited October 2017
    @zombiemom1318 I was years and years ago, but since I quit I've always hated the smell...until now. And I'm with you on skunks; even when I'm not pregnant I think they smell good. So clearly the problem is just that my nose is psychotic.

ETA: I have zero desire to actually smoke, and not just because I know it's bad for baby and me. It's just that it somehow, for whatever reason, smells good.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @kmallsyou aren't alone with having zero interest in coddling man-colds.  I am a terrible wife and never coddle my hubby.  He is always bitching about how tired he is (after 9 hours of sleep), or that he slept on his neck wrong and needs a massage (happens once a week), or how he has the sniffles and had better lie down so they don't get worse.

Every time he pulls something like that, I know I'm a jerk for giving him the biggest eyeroll humanity has ever seen, but goddamn, grow up dude.  Our 2 year old handles herself in a more manly way.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @kaymaroo I quit smoking almost 4 years ago (after smoking for 3 years) and have NEVER craved a cigarette since, until I got KU!  The smell bothers me still though.. Pregnancy makes us weird.  Also just a note: Despite the craving, I would NEVER smoke while pregnant (or ever again)!
  • @lindsye I'm all about bedtime by 8pm, but I'm insanely jealous you got to go to the world series!!!! These have been some pretty epic games!
  • @Sissy42 there have been some great games, haven't there??? Of course, if they'd ended up losing last night, I would probably be less positive right now.  :D Speaking of which, I am so glad we went Friday night and not last night - I really don't know if I could have stayed awake for that one!
  • @lindsye last night was a LONG game! I feel asleep during the top of the 7th, I think. Way past my bedtime!
  • @Sissy42 I fell asleep around 11:00 but kept waking up every time the train choo chooed when they scored! Not a bad way to wake up, at least.
  • @ngolimento I 100% know what you mean and have been through similar experiences. I actually just got out of a 1 year treatment stay about 6 months before I got pregnant. If you want to talk, feel free to PM me!