UO 10/26

Let's hear some good ones today!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
Married June 2012
BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

Re: UO 10/26

• @tacosandvirginmargaritas I didn't think so at first, but I'm slowly starting to agree.  Mine for today is, that I now think this board is too slow again and we should bring back either the daily check in OR the day of the week ticker changes, but definitely not both.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Loading the player...
  • @sandbar517 I agree, it does seem to be getting slow. I vote for daily check in, if we are going to bring one back. Or maybe a daily GTKY? 
  • I like maybe a daily GTKY!
  • @tacosandvirginmargaritas I agree. I read a really interesting piece on the evolution of the Disney princess last year: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/no-prince-required-moana-and-evolution-disney-princess

When Frozen came out, I enjoyed it and thought it was one the best movies Disney had made in a while. I liked that the “true love” ended up coming from the sister relationship. I think Frozen opened the door for them to make Moana, with no love story being a part of the plot at all. 
  • @suchaglencoco cookies in the freezer is just wrong. They need to be soft and chewy at all times. 

I dont like like frozen candy bars, but I do like how M&Ms get a little crunchy when you put them on ice cream.  
  • @sandbar517 I've never seen Brave, but I heard that it was good.
  • pandakovpandakov member
    edited October 2017
    Okay - that’s supposed to be a gasp gif. I hate this app. I can’t get gifs to work  :|
  • @onesmallcoconut I have never even watched that show, but totally agree that it looks dumb.
  • I don't really like ice cream. I will get a crazing, buy something, eat one scoop or just a couple bites, and throw it away months later when it's all freezer burnt. 
    I also hate ice cream...
  • @onesmallcoconut I totally agree. I also don’t like any of the Real Housewives series or most reality shows on E or Bravo. 
  • lincbeesmomlincbeesmom member
    edited October 2017
    I’m kind of surprised that no one has come in here to defend homeschooling...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • zizzabell523zizzabell523 member
    edited October 2017
    I just filled out my GTKY questionnaire and figured I'd add to this. I have never been to Disney and don't see the draw. Super long lines, hot weather, crying kids, overly expensive food, and just not my cup of tea. I see why kids would want to go (dress up like a princess, meet Mickey, etc., stay in a neat resort) but now that I'm adult, I just have no desire to go, or even take our own kids in the near future. I would like to mention that I've been to Dollywood, Carowinds, and Universal Studios. Fun, but I don't see a multi-thousand dollar vacation could be justified IMO.

On the school topic, I went to a private school. It wasn't my choice, but when I begged to go to public school like all my friends, my parents finally told me the school I was zoned for was the worst in the county for fights with white kids being the minority and they didn't want me exposed to that (I was extremely sheltered). While I'm grateful for them looking out for me, it was tough growing up with about half of my graduating class (which was a whopping 31) from Kindergarten on. I was always picked on for my "riggering" (I had an issue where if I got mesmerized watching something, I'd hold my breath, my body would go stiff, and my arms would flail all over the place. My parents worked really hard with me when I was little and eventually it was only my hands wriggling around. I still catch my fingers twitching every now and then today) and for being the one who did her homework and loved to read. The cliques get old quick. I plan on sending my daughter to public school (not that we could afford private even if there was one nearby) so that maybe she could have a better experience than I did. I didn't really think I got a better education out of it either, looking back. I don't plan on homeschooling, either. My niece decided to be home-schooled her Junior and Senior years in high school due to bullying over her weight and she said she missed the atmosphere of school. Yeah, she made great grades and graduated sooner, but like PP's have said, you can't replace the experiences.
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @sandbar517 Nope, I'm a STM. DD is almost 3. I think that's way too young to fully enjoy the experience. I'd say around 8-10 would be the appropriate age to take a kid to a theme park. They'd probably be too old to "love" Disney by then, though. Just my thoughts. :)
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @zizzabell523 I absolutely agree.  We were planning on going in maybe 4-5 years, so the girls will be around 8 and this one will be, well, obviously 4 or 5 LOL  That way the girls won't be too old to enjoy it, and this baby will be old enough to (at least partly) remember it.

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @zizzabell523 I love going to Disneyland (never been to Disney World). I've been going every couple years since I was a kid. I can't convince you why I like it, but it doesn't come close to costing us that much money. We drive, stay with a relative 10 minutes away, and only do one park for only one day. I guess if we lived further than a 6 hour drive, we had kids, and we had to get a hotel if would add up. That said, I'm sure we won't be going as often once we are parents (which sounds a little weird, but added it'll will cost more). 
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    *TW*
    BFP #1: CP, April 2016
    BFP #2: 10/5/16, MMC 11/3/16 at 7w5d (embryo stopped @ ~6 weeks), misoprostol 11/11/16 (EDD 6/16/17)
    Dx: Luteal phase defect, uterine polyps, stage 2 endometriosis, low morphology
    Uterine polyp removal (laparoscopy) 3/28/17
    BFP #3: 6/19/17, MMC 7/11/17 at 6w3d, misoprostol 7/17/17 (EDD 3/1/18)
    BFP #4: 8/25/17 EDD 5/4/18

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love Disney. I have gone to disneyworld I think 7 times in the past 8 years. Sometimes just a short trip, 3 days 4 nights, some week long. I am a disneyaholic. I know it's not for everyone. I will say, my absolute favorite time of going, was when my daughter had just turned one. She doesn't remember it, I wouldn't expect her to. But the interactions she had, made it all worth it. I have the cutest video of her and minnie mouse. If I could share it here, I would. Now that I'm pg, we are planning on going again when this one is about the same age, because it was truly magical. (My daughter has since been back at age 2, and 4. She still believes in the magic, can actually talk to the characters, and enjoys more of the rides. But there is something about seeing a 1 year old meet Mickey and the gang.)

We are also DVC members, so we save a shit ton on the hotel. 
    2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!