March 2018 Moms

Questions Week of 10/23

Re: Questions Week of 10/23

• Hope everything is ok @kalawa @hollyk224 @LiveNLove44.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @kalawa @hollyk224 @LiveNLove44 My gosh, I am thinking of each one of you! Scary stuff but you all seem great at handling it  <3 Hugs 
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope baby wiggles out! @LiveNLove44 Stay positive. 

Hugs @kalawa
  • @LiveNLove44 I’m sorry you had such stressful news. I am praying that your LO gets the cord unwrapped asap and you are able to get some reassurance. Sending our <3
  • I wish I had more to offer than just well wishes and virtual hugs.  Thinking of you, @kalawa, @LiveNLove44, @hollyk224 <3
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• @kalawa @hollyk224 @LiveNLove44 I'm sorry you didn't get better news. I wish there was more we could do. Sending hugs and I hope everything goes smoothly and well.

DS:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnant with #2: 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• sending you positive vibes @kalawa
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kalawa @hollyk224 @LiveNLove44 fingers crossed for all of you that all goes well 

Can somebody tell me - how long does the A/S usually last? my husband is always forced to wait outside until they have what they need and he gets nervous thinking is taking forever  because something is wrong. What should I trek him to expect? an hour? less?
  • @bb3vj3n Depends on the baby's position and how cooperative baby is feeling.  An hour is probably a good estimate, but it could be less.  In my experience, if it gets much longer than that they just have you come back a different day.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • ^^^^and I'm mentally giving the middle finger for TB app again for how messed up the formatting of that post was.  It gave me issues quoting AND tagging.  Wtf!

• Sorry I missed this earlier... mobile TB is crap today. I am thinking of you both, @kalawa and @hollyk224. <3
  • @bettyvonsomethingstein they do let him in - but not until the end. Usually she gets all the images she needs and then calls him in and gives us a quick 5-10min show - but never while she's actually working on measurements.... she doesn't even let me watch that (and doesn't talk much either).

i thought this was normal? is it not?

honestly - I don't mind all that much. I appreciate that she wants to focus and be thorough. I just remember at the NT scan my husband waiting almost 40 minutes and he was in a total panic because ghee want expecting it to take so long and he was left worrying without updates- so I thought this time I might give him a heads up regarding timing. 
  • @bb3vj3n haha...again...maybe a Canadian thing? Because I know for all of my AS, in 3 pregnancies, we aren't allowed to watch until the end. And then they bring in whoever is waiting for you. There are signs everywhere stating that the tech can't discuss any medical, or technical findings as well. I would tell your SO about 45min. That's usually the norm if baby is cooperating. 
  • @heatherdubrow @npkat

I think it's a Canadian thing like @kalawa said. all my scans have been like this - as have most of my friends from what i understand.  You are right though... is hard just laying there quietly for the better part of an hour not being able to watch
  • @bb3vj3n, it's definitely a Canadian thing. That's how it is here too. Unless you're high risk. Then your ultrasounds are done in fetal assessment with a high risk nurse and DH and kids can come in for it all. I was pleasantly surprised this was the case for us this time. One of the perks of high risk I guess. 
  • ultrasound tech said my little girl weighs in at about 15oz - that seems big for 20 weeks no? yikes!
  • @bb3vj3n my girl weighs in at 13oz and I’m 20 weeks as well. They fluctuate a lot while they’re in there. She may grow slowly for a little bit, or you could potentially be a little farther along. My daughter measured “big” at every ultrasound but was born at a teeny tiny 6lbs. If you get to a point where baby is alarmingly large for their gestational age, the doctors will intervene if they’re able to. 
  • @bb3vj3n after a certain point ultrasounds are notoriously unreliable to measure weight - not sure what that point is. But definitely at the end they can be up to a pound off.

Also, for every single U/S the tech has talked through what s/he is measuring (not results or anything medical) and my husband and I watch the whole thing on a different TV set up for prime viewing. I didn't realize it's that different in Canada. I wonder why they do that.

DS:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnant with #2: 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @bb3vj3n my lil dude is 16oz. A pound. At 21 weeks. I am really hoping he slows it down a little bit.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hollyk224, I know you must be filled with worry, but it sounds like you have proactive medical providers and are in good hands.  Hopefully the extra scans along enter way will just bring more comfort and insight as to what is going on <3

• @hollyk224 what a sweet picture! Hopefully your upcoming appointments will provide you with some more knowledge and comfort. It sounds like you're in good hands!
  • @hollyk224 I hope you get positive answers soon.  
  • @hollyk224...what a sweet face.  Hope things positive.  
  • @hollyk224: Liking for the picture, but I'm so sorry you still don't have any clear answers. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @hollyk224 still sending T&P your way but honestly, it sounds more positive than negative to me. I hope the “spots” resolve and you guys get the all clear for a healthy baby. Ps, he is adorable. 
  • @bb3vj3n at 22 weeks babe was measuring at 1 lb 1 oz, she did say that could be +/- 3 oz at this point. 
  • Continued prayers for you and that sweet little baby! @hollyk224
  • @hollyk224 <3<3<3 all the positive vibes to you and the little one
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thinking of all you ladies that have some uncomfortable issues to worry about. Sending good vibes and hugs. I can't imagine the anxiety and stress. Stay positive and informed.

Re. Ultrasounds in Canada, yes the technician cannot inform us about what they see whether positive or negative, only the doctor is allowed to read the report and inform. I did however ask "what are you measuring now" as she was doing the anatomy scan. Made me feel at ease to know what she was doing vs staring at the ceiling with my heart thumping. Then when she took 5 mins to show me my baby after she was done, I saw the heart, feet, head etc. DH came in for another 5 mins and we zoomed in to see the four chambers of the heart etc. But, yup, my DH was waiting a good hour annoyed that he couldn't come in.
  • Has anyone switched providers/practices this far into pregnancy? I am highly considering it. I am getting a MFM second opinion and may completely switch practices. The one I go to now is affiliated with a community hospital whereas the other one would be affiliated with a large hospital dedicated solely to women and babies and is through a well known/prestigious health system. It's only  20 min away (vs. the 5 min drive of my current community hospital). I have ICP and feel like the knowledge from a large system would be beneficial but I'm nervous about switching...
  • @scoogy19 if they will still take you, and you think it’s a better option for you and baby I would switch. We moved countries my last pregnancy and clearly I had to switch providers around 30 weeks. Just check when their cut off is because some providers won’t take a patient after she is x number of weeks along. 
  • Does anyone have any experience with acupuncture during pregnancy? I have never had it for anything but my mom loves it and I was thinking about trying it for my brand new hypertension and migraine issues.
  • Has anyone bought a dopler and finds it a bit tricky to find the heartbeat? 

Yes, anxious mom here with anterior placenta bought one off Amazon. We hear the heart beat but takes some searching. Not so simple, right? 
  • nancysimp said:
    Has anyone bought a dopler and finds it a bit tricky to find the heartbeat? 

Yes, anxious mom here with anterior placenta bought one off Amazon. We hear the heart beat but takes some searching. Not so simple, right? 
    It seems to get easier, my placenta is also anterior and now that I know to avoid the center I can always find it eventually, but it does take a while sometimes.
  • Does anyone have any experience with acupuncture during pregnancy? I have never had it for anything but my mom loves it and I was thinking about trying it for my brand new hypertension and migraine issues.
    Obsessed!! It's the only way I could tolerate the first tri symptoms. 

I didn't do acupuncture with my first and I'm noticing a MAJOR  and positive difference in this pregnancy.

Also, one session of physical therapy (myofascial release) cured my pregnancy migraines. Also also, I have very low blood pressure, especially during pregnancy. With my first, my OB recommended I stay away from aloe vera juice and capsules bc it would further decrease my blood pressure. 

Related note: Anyone have experience with acupuncture during labor? How does that work? My midwife thought it would be something I would like and she is right. But, how long does the acupuncturist stay and just how does that look?