July 2016 Moms
Options

Monday bitchfest

No way we went a whole weekend and Monday with nothing to bitch about. 

Re: Monday bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • Options

This morning DH sent me a message:
    "Sadly, today is national margarita day. You cannot have one." Thanks for the reminder asshole. 

MIL is a pain in my ass. She sent a pitiful message to DH about how we aren't making time for her, and if we aren't making time for her now, she will never get to see her grandson. She is very hurt that she is missing out on the pregnancy experience. 
    First, it is not your experience. It is mine and DH's. 
    Second, bitch we have invited you out 3 of the last 5 weekends and you declined every time. The other weekends she was in Mexico. Making time is a two way street. 
    Awww, make a virgin one!!!!!!! And your MIL seems delusional... what the hell?!
  • Options
    megstervt said:
    F you Michaels for not having ONE letter in the wooden letters we wanted to spell LO's name.  Sold out online too.  We had to settle for a different style of letters, but again were missing letters for the full name so had to do initials.  My Pinterest worthy nursery dreams are shattered! (joking)
    What letters and style? I'm sure some of us could look at our local Michaels to see if they carry it...of course you'd have to trust creepy internet strangers with your address but I think there's a small selection of us that aren't serial killers...

I hadn't even thought of that! 

It's the dark wood letters from the Make Market Alphabet Soup décor.  We needed 1 O. 

https://www.michaels.com/make-market-dark-wood-letter-8in/M10461722.html?dwvar_M10461722_color=A#start=24

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    @kcossey528 omg I'm going through the same thing with my MIL!! What is wrong with them?? This is about my and DHs experience and choices as first time parents.. Back off and let us live! Geez!  

@megstervt I'm sorry Michaels didn't have the letters you wanted :( but just in case you didn't know- they are having a 20% off your entire purchase including sale items coupon Good through the 27th.. Just in case there's something else you wanted! 
  • Options
    So Thursday afternoon on my way out of our parking lot, heading to work, my tire pops. Thankfully DH was able to get me and give me a ride, and he was going to put the spare on Friday am after our ultrasound before we headed out of town for the weekend. Come to find that some spring from the shocks had broken and embedded in the tire, so not only do I need new tires, I also need new shocks. Plus a tow. We are finally getting this taken care of since we were gone all weekend, but this is $1500 we didn't want to have to spend right now. I am LIVID. Trying to think of the fact that it happened in the parking lot and not on the road, because I guess it could have been a pretty bad accident since the car stopped suddenly.. But still.
  • Options
    I could bitch about my boobs all week! They are as big now as they ever were lactating from DD1. When I take my bra off they ache! This is coming from the woman with no chest prior to children. Just ouch, that's all. 
  • Options
    Today is my birthday and I am quite sure DH has forgotten. Granted, it's still early and if all else fails Facebook will probably remind him sometime during the day, but he left without even saying goodbye this morning! And it's not like I haven't mentioned it a hundred times over the last few days, either. 

So instead, I called in sick to work because of the teeny headache I have, went and got coffee from Dutch Bros and a bacon biscuit from McDonalds, and I'm going to spend the day planning out this year's vegetable garden, playing with the little chicks I picked up on Saturday, and waiting for him to figure it out. He's a fantastic husband and I know his memory is terrible, but COME ON. 
  • Options
    I am super pissed that my girl scout cookies have not arrived yet!  I mean come on. I ordered six boxes and all over Facebook I see people posting about receiving there's already.  I am this close to going to Walmart or Lowe's or where ever I can find a table and cleaning them out. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @samantha1206 hahaha I feel you!! Is it too much for a pregnant woman to ask for some Savannah Smiles?! 
  • Options
    Happy birthday! Hope your husband remembers sooner rather than later! 
  • Options
    @Nerdchild hahah exactly!! 
    Btw now I want a fluffernutter sandwich. I couldn't find any fluff at the grocery store down here last time I looked, though! 
  • Options
    Nerdchild said:
    maddmama said:
    Here's a FFMC .. I'm not posting the baby names I've landed on on the opinions board, because I've already chosen! ;) 
    I hear you. I don't want people critiquing my choice of Violemmalee Fluffernutter. 
    If my daughter's 5yo self got her wish back then, she would have picked. "Roofdebator" for her future bro/sis. I'm glad that at 10 she is much more rational, and her pick was "Tyler". 
  • Options
    megstervt said:
    megstervt said:
    F you Michaels for not having ONE letter in the wooden letters we wanted to spell LO's name.  Sold out online too.  We had to settle for a different style of letters, but again were missing letters for the full name so had to do initials.  My Pinterest worthy nursery dreams are shattered! (joking)
    What letters and style? I'm sure some of us could look at our local Michaels to see if they carry it...of course you'd have to trust creepy internet strangers with your address but I think there's a small selection of us that aren't serial killers...

It's the dark wood letters from the Make Market Alphabet Soup décor.  We needed 1 O. 

https://www.michaels.com/make-market-dark-wood-letter-8in/M10461722.html?dwvar_M10461722_color=A#start=24

Is that an i or an L??  My Michaels has both! PM if you want me to pull the trigger!!! 
  • Options
    Nerdchild said:
    maddmama said:
    Here's a FFMC .. I'm not posting the baby names I've landed on on the opinions board, because I've already chosen! ;) 
    I hear you. I don't want people critiquing my choice of Violemmalee Fluffernutter. 
    Hmmm, not enough random Ys in that name to be speciul. 
  • Options
    megstervt said:
    megstervt said:

Is that an i or an L??  My Michaels has both! PM if you want me to pull the trigger!!! 
    I think that is suppose to say that she needs ONE letter "O" 
    I could bitch about my boobs all week! They are as big now as they ever were lactating from DD1. When I take my bra off they ache! This is coming from the woman with no chest prior to children. Just ouch, that's all. 
    This is me! I've already gone up a cup size this pregnancy (I'm the same bra size now when DD was born) and I think I'm going through another growth spurt. I'm really dreading what they'll be like once I start BFing.....just unmanageable. I totally feel your pain (literally) @pinkpenguin32
  • Options
    Kellyj103Kellyj103 member
    edited February 2016
    People with really BO are so freakin nasty. I cannot stand it!!!! I want to bring travel sized deodorants to pass around.
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @PhoebeJune1984 I'm special... that make sense ... derp :) 
  • Options
    megstervt said:
    Ok, so I used to work at Michaels, and I'm going to fill you in on a secret that allowed me to get all the letters I needed because my son's name has two n's. Underneath the shelves there's black bins, or bins that slide under the shelves, pull the ones nearest to what you're looking for, if they're not there try bins on each side of that one. Worst case you go through the bins. I just bought wooden letters the other day and had to do this. 
    We did that!  Tried all the bins in the aisle.  They actually didn't have any extra of any in the style we wanted.

@pinklady2015.  You are the best for offering.  DH wants to stick with the letters we bought.  Apparently he has a "vision" and is super excited about his DIY project.  Can't crush his nesting dreams.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    megstervt said:
    megstervt said:
    Ok, so I used to work at Michaels, and I'm going to fill you in on a secret that allowed me to get all the letters I needed because my son's name has two n's. Underneath the shelves there's black bins, or bins that slide under the shelves, pull the ones nearest to what you're looking for, if they're not there try bins on each side of that one. Worst case you go through the bins. I just bought wooden letters the other day and had to do this. 
    We did that!  Tried all the bins in the aisle.  They actually didn't have any extra of any in the style we wanted.

@pinklady2015.  You are the best for offering.  DH wants to stick with the letters we bought.  Apparently he has a "vision" and is super excited about his DIY project.  Can't crush his nesting dreams.
    Ugh, and here I thought I was being helpful. I worked there for a year and was getting pissed because I couldn't the letters I wanted. Then remembered I used to re-stock. I will say I went to Jo-Anns first. Worst choice, no wooden letters. They should just sell yarn and fabric, because that's all I feel they're good for. 
  • Options
    I've been in such a bitchy mood all day I hardly know where to start. Oh yes, now I do. I cannot stand my flipping neighbors. We live in a brick rowhome with paper thin walls and I'm listening to the drunk trashy older lady warble-sing right now. I sometimes wish I could just bang on the walls and scream "STFU!!" They leave their trash out on the front porch and their dog in the backyard constantly. And it barks. Constantly. 

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Oh wait now she lit a cigarette and is hacking up a lung. Gahhhh. I can't wait to move. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker