May 2018 Moms

Super Early, Super Unnecessary, Baby name thread

167891012»

Re: Super Early, Super Unnecessary, Baby name thread

• I'm late to catching up, I was out yesterday.  My sister's ex-husband came from an Italian family where it was tradition to name the first born son after the grandfather, so they had a lot of cousins with the same name.  I think it would be confusing, but not necessarily strange.  My husband's grandfather had the same name as his sister's husband, so they also had two cousins with the same name.  Now that I think of it, MH has the same name as one of my nephews, so even though he doesn't want a child named after him, I wouldn't think twice about doing it if he did.  
    I'm not Italian, but we have similar traditions. I have 27 first cousins and a bunch of cousins with the same first or middle name. I share a middle name with 5. I always loved it.
  • DH is pretty stuck on Amelia for a girl. I like it, too, but I wish it wasn’t so popular. 
    I don't know any kiddos with that name so far! It's my number one for right now...
  • Loading the player...
  • @suchaglencoco out of all the girl names we looked at so far, it’s the one we agree on the most. He loves it and my only reservation on it is it’s popularity. He liked Grace for a middle name, which I also like. Funnily enough, Amelia Grace is what one of the mom’s on my BMB names her baby last year. My top choice was Sadie, but he doesn’t like that at all. With middle names, we both tend to be less opinionated. 

I want to wait to have a more serious discussion on the name until we knew for sure if the baby is a boy or girl. 
  • I've always thought Amelia was a very pretty name! Although Supernatural did ruin it for me a bit with a really annoying character with that name :P I also have always liked Amelie because I do love that movie.
  • I've always thought Amelia was a very pretty name! Although Supernatural did ruin it for me a bit with a really annoying character with that name :P I also have always liked Amelie because I do love that movie.
    That's in my top three favorite movies of all time 
  • McKenna is cute! That's my nieces name. They call her mac for short though. So ya gotta like the nicknames, or shut down everyone that might start them! My name is Kendra, I never thought her name and mine were too simular.
  • We have settled on a girl name! Ember! Fits our simple yet unique criteria. Boy name though... haven't agreed on one yet :'( 
  • My husband is from a big Italian family and there are so many repeats with names. I fought my husband on naming our son after him and his father until the pregnancy hormones kicked in and I got sentimental. Francis Peter the third it is and we call him Frankie. Luca Francis was our other option. 
    Now we aren’t as set on Luca as we were last time. It was a compromise because I love Luke or Lucas and my husband didn’t. Robert will most likely be the middle name if it is a boy. I like more trendy names for a boy but those have all been strongly vetoed. So we will either do more traditional/biblical or Italian. 
    Samuel, Noah, Gabriel, Salvatore nn Sal, Lorenzo nn Enzo, Giovanni, really the list is long and we are waiting to find out gender

girls names are easy Olivia or Gabriella unsure about middle but something from the family