June 2018 Moms

UO Thursday [10/19]

2»

Re: UO Thursday [10/19]

• @emjeve I love gender neutral colours! I remember visiting my cousins in Sweden when they had their kids and the trend there seems to be completely neutral colours for baby things - mostly greys and natural beiges/creams. I don't really recall seeing any of the blue/pink thing. That's the kind of palette I want to stick to when preparing for the nursery and baby clothes, even if we know the gender.

Trying hard to stay team green but DH confesses he's curious. I can't really fully articulate what I mean when I say this, but I don't really want to build an identity for an unborn baby based on its gender; on the flipside I'm worried about DH having some kind of gender disappointment at birth. In any event, if we do find out then I probably still won't reveal the gender to anyone just to save the hassle of worrying about gender-specific gifts.

I guess my UO is that I'm not really into the gender-specific colours.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LaceyBee522LaceyBee522 member
    edited October 2017
    @yogamamabear I agree with the emoji over the face. Unless you are a celebrity, I don’t know how important it is to hide my kid’s identity. 

I am going to make a separate Insta for baby and baby stuff though. I just don’t want it taking over my personal social media. I know I will need to post pics bc my family lives so far away. So, baby-specific account is my solution. 

ETA words, grammar, and spelling matter. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @LaceyBee522 yeah private accounts i can get but i have been added to public profiles - kids i dont even know. I personally would only want fam and friends to see, some people do sick things out there. 
  • @krashke awwww man no pumpkin spice , i go pumpkin spice crazy in fall lol
  • @silvergreenyou are wise to keep it simple with gender-neutral colors. Meanwhile I'm googling anthropologie botanical wallpaper...
  • *Lurker from May18*

Salmon haters: buy a sous vide machine. It will change your life. We have a Joule and I use it for everything (salmon, steaks, veggies, eggs, are my fave). Sous vide salmon before you sear on super hot pan. The fish stays super moist. Additionally, I prefer raw salmon to cooked salmon. Give me all the sashimi.
  • I echo @kpc914 we sous vide everything. My favorites are sous vide chuck roast (tastes like brisket), corned beef, chicken and eggs.