March 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms - Week of 10/16

Re: Randoms - Week of 10/16

• Options
    Very random, but I am grateful that the most recent drive-by post on here from one of those long Knottie accounts was not a source of drama, and just had two calm responses. Avoiding reading a nasty exchange makes the day better. (;
  • Options
    @ShawnnaO Thank you. Weeks like this I’m so thankful that my job causes me to be away from my phone and a computer for long stretches throughout the day. It forces me to take a break and give myself some space. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv - ooops sorry ;) and tell your DH I'm sorry, too! lol
  • Options
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I agree! Looooooove me some drama.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bettyvonsomethingstein @afoul COMPLETELY agreed on gif humor and bonding!

I just get stressed when it seems like the new Knottie could be a troll/intentionally baiting people into making a scene, and then someone gives in with like... genuine anger. The most recent one had a dramatic narrative that *could* have been authentic, but could have been calling for someone to make a judgmental comment that could be whined about elsewhere. 

(Admittedly, 7 years of teaching high school probably makes a little too sensitive to anticipating a fight at any moment :-p) 
  • Options
    @gh515 I totally hate when someone's just trying to create drama and people actually get their feelings hurt. Kind of felt that way about the most recently closed June thread... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Stuck in tiny box of horror. 

@gh515 yeah the most recent one had me walking on eggshells a little bit. I *almost* responded because I felt bad for the girl but then a part of me felt like I had read a similar story at the beginning of this BMB and I just thought “if this is the same girl and she’s just coming back to get more simpathy...pass.” I guess she hasn’t even logged back on to check the responses though so I’m not sure what to think. 
  • Options
    @HappyMonkey817 I haven't tried it, so can't attest either way, but is the mobile website version of the site from a browser on your phone also terrible?

I'm sorry the app is such a beast. I don't have it, but the only things I read on this board about it is its wretchedness. I hope you find a way to make it work! Your absence this week was a notable loss. <3 
  • Options
    @HappyMonkey817, try accessing the site through your web browser on your phone!  Don't leave us! <3
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Options
    Just another question from the self-designated nosy tracker of all people, has anyone seen @heatherdubrow lately?

• Options
    Just another question from the self-designated nosy tracker of all people, has anyone seen @heatherdubrow lately?
    Quoting myself and adding, also @antoto?  My participation is spotty sometimes, because life, but I feel as if we are dropping like flies around here.  Come backkkkkkk.

• Options
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I believe they both commented on seperate threads yesterday or the day before. I have noticed them less lately, TBH I was wondering if maybe a private group had been formed and they were over there. Probably just a busy week though  :)
  • Options
    ShawnnaO said:
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I believe they both commented on seperate threads yesterday or the day before. I have noticed them less lately, TBH I was wondering if maybe a private group had been formed and they were over there. Probably just a busy week though  :)
    Okay.....you just tapped into some massive FOMO with that response!

• Options
    @bettyvonsomethingstein hahahhahaha sorry! I’m sure that’s not the case, just a thought that I had. 
  • Options
    @ShawnnaO I was wondering the same thing about a private group since that got brought up in the FB group thread long ago. That's sort of what made me decide I needed to start posting more and not just creeping behind the scenes. I didn't want to get left behind! haha
  • Options
    Ahhh now I have FOMO! Noooo
  • Options
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I was wondering about @antoto too!!! 

Glad to see you @heatherdubrow
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @heatherdubrow I’ll chime in now and just say that I don’t think you said anything awful last week and that maybe you were just misunderstood. Keep posting. I’ve missed you. <3
    ^^^^ this. I’m glad to hear you’re still here, even if a little distant  <3
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick @bettyvonsomethingstein @ShawnnaO thank you ladies, so much. It means a lot!
  • Options
    I'm trying really hard to go on some more regular walks since we are having gorgeous weather and I need to get some exercise. But it's darn impossible when 20 minutes into the walk I have to go to the bathroom!!! I swear this diarrhea this pregnancy is nuts!!! Sorry for the TMI lol
  • Options
    @antoto the past two days TB app has taken me to the first comment on every thread instead of the first comment I haven’t seen yet. And it keeps saying I’m 20 weeks but displaying the fruit from last week—an artichoke. WTF. I dunno what these glitches are all about. How annoying. We’ve missed you. :smile:
  • Options
    @antoto the past two days TB app has taken me to the first comment on every thread instead of the first comment I haven’t seen yet. And it keeps saying I’m 20 weeks but displaying the fruit from last week—an artichoke. WTF. I dunno what these glitches are all about. How annoying. We’ve missed you. :smile:
    So much side eye @ TB.  It's been driving me wild seeing all this stuff going on with no way to respond! 
  • Options
    Today I found out that me, one coworker, and another coworker's partner are all due in March. I am super amused (and thankfully we're all in different departments, lol).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @calecorvus What great news!

AFM: I got some grocery shopping done, picked up a prescription, washed our "lounge" blankets (no more dog smell!), and am making chicken in the instant pot to shred and freeze.  Feeling pretty accomplished.  Just trying not to look at the folders of tests I have to grade. :#

How is everybody doing this weekend?
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    @becausescience excited to the point of being antsy for my anatomy scan next week! That’s how I’m doing  :D I’ve even ridiculously been looking through old wives tales trying to predict boy or girl  :# I think I have too much time on my hands haha. Going to have my daughter paint a pumpkin later today I think  :)
  • Options
    @ShawnnaO So exciting!  What day is your scan?  You'll have to post a pic of your DD's pumpkin!
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    @becausescience Wednesday! Very excited! And I will! I’m hoping she cooperates and actually paints it  :D
  • Options
    @becausescience what do you put on your chicken to season it before shredding? That's right up my alley!

We had DS's birthday party today, announced baby #3's sex, and now I'm working hard to not eat the leftovers...pizza from last night, egg bakes, bagels, and cake from today. This is seriously testing my willpower!

@ShawnnaO what are you using for paint? We'll do that with DD b/c she hates the "guts" of the pumpkin, and probably for DS just to avoid us having to carve his, too. I don't want to put them outside in rain if it's just going to wash off though. Any ideas??