March 2018 Moms

Randoms - Week of 10/16

13»

Re: Randoms - Week of 10/16

• @LiveNLove44 I actually hadn’t thought of the rain thing! It never rains in TX though and we have a semi-covered front patio where the pumpkin will go. I haven’t bought the paint yet, but I was planning on just getting some standard non toxic finger paint. I wonder if I could find some paint specifically for the pumpkins since it’s halloween?
  • @LiveNLove44 this might kill the pumpkin (not that paint won’t kill it) but could you spray it with some sort of weather sealant after its been painted?? Hmmm. If I remember I’ll post a picture in this thread of the paint we used/finished product. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @LiveNLove44 I just do basic seasoning for freezing it so I can use it in any dish.  I used salt, pepper, and a bay leaf.  I also tossed in some onions too.  I have done salsa and BBQ sauce (not together ;)) too and those were yummy.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    edited October 2017
    Months ago, before I was pregnant, BIL "gave" us a Bob, a glider, and a crib. All of which had been through two kids and look it. I asked at the time what he wanted for them. No answer. Now, today he's hounding H for payment. Won't say how much. H doesn't know how much stuff is. He pitched $200. BIL's response was to send a link to a brand new Bob off of REI. Buddy, I'll give it back and wish you luck selling it on Craigslist for MSRP. I'm so annoyed. Frankly none of the things are what I would choose if I were choosing. Cover on glider is ugly and dirty (was going to recover and touch up paint), crib is so so. If you wanted to sell it, tell me the price ahead of time. Don't con me into taking possession and then announce that you want new prices. :unamused:

ETA: and no, from him a link doesn't just mean a chill, "Well I mean, this is what we paid for it."

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @kiki75 I would be furious. Especially since you asked how much before everything else. That’s just shady. 
  • @kiki75 I'd be mad.  I'd probably tell him something like "we're willing to pay $X amount given the very used condition, you can come take them back if you want to try to sell elsewhere."
    This!
  • TMI warning. Thank God for the BRAT diet!!!! DS has had a diaper issue now for a few days, and the BRAT diet starts working right away. We should have started it yesterday, but it was really tricky with the birthday party and all sorts of random foods filling our home! He's happily eating bananas, rice, apples, and toast, and it has already slowed his system down enough to help him out! Any BTDT moms out there can probably relate if it's ever been an issue with your LOs! (This is a major blessing for my sensitive senses!!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited October 2017
    @kiki75, I would probably just give it back. You can tell him that given the price he's expecting, you're going to just find brands that YOU like and will be buying new/seeking used in the brands you're looking for. That's absolutely ridiculous for them to basically gift it to you and then ask for such an extreme price!
  • We’re not even sure at this moment if we’re going to be visiting family for Christmas this year and yet I’m already getting “when are you going to come see us while you’re here” messages. Maybe I’m a little extra moody today but I’m so annoyed by it. 
  • @scoogy19, I'm amazed how early the nesting is starting this pregnancy. The other day I just HAD to clean our entire spice rack. It was bugging me so much and despite my feet killing me, I wiped every single spice container and cleaned the whole thing. I pointed it out to DH. He didn't seem as enthused as I was. 
  • edited October 2017
    @justkeeptrying @scoogy19 @npkatI need some of your nesting magic.  

So in addition to app issues, today I wasn't able to access TB via my laptop either.  So if I disappear a few days - that is why.  They better get this fixed soon!  I feel like so many members probably can't access via mobile. :(

Edit: I was able to gain access by logging out of TB, going to the March board, and then clicking "new discussion."  It brought me to a login page and then I was able to access the board.  Just mentioning this in case anybody reading is having similar issues.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @becausescience I submitted a tech ticket on Wednesday and their email response to me on Friday was that they know there's a problem and they're working on a fix, but they have no idea how long that will take. :#  This is the first time since Tuesday that I've been able to get on, and only because I'm back at work after a long weekend and can access an actual computer. Super frustrating.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Why is cereal so darn delicious when I'm trying to watch what I'm eating??

And by cereal, I mean fruit loops. None of this healthy crap. 
  • @justkeeptrying I always crave cereal but I HATE the aftertaste of milk. The pregnancy struggles are real  :D
  • @justkeeptrying Cinnamon Toast Crunch over here.. I try to throw in Special K every few days because.. balance. Here’s why I’m gaining rapidly. 
  • ALso. Yes, this app sucks! I’m signing off for the night because it hardly even lets me type and takes me about triple the time! Ughhh, get it together TB! 
  • @chasingroygbiv, I lived off of cinnamon toast crunch my last pregnancy. It's a no go this time around haha
  • Okay ladies just wanted to update on the pumpkin painting! So we used crayola paints, just the standard ones for 3+ (my daughter is 1 but I made sure she didn’t get any in her mouth and it was fine. The only issue I had was the paints kind of had to go on thick to show up on the pumpkin. You can kind of see my black one in the background and the white showed up really well on that so I think if we do this again I’ll paint the pumpkin black or white first and then have P decorate it. It was so fun though! 

@becausescience @LiveNLove44

• PGAL freak out over here. I’m not a fan of coffee, so I ordered a mocha with hopes it would help me go to the bathroom, after I drank it I panicked about the amount of caffeine and googled and it has way more than I thought it would.  :'( Please talk me down. 
  • @ShawnnaO Thanks, girl. It probably seems silly to worry, but I’m already a mess worrying about the meds I’ve had to take for UTI’s and BV, so this piled on has me crazy! No more caffeine for me or I may drive everyone around me batty with my excessive worrying. I’m pretty sure I had a few peppermint mochas with both of my other two, but of course I’m a little more on edge this go around as I was not PGAL with them.  :/ Ahhh! I try to remind myself that caffeine is hidden in other things that probably many have and don’t realize, but.. 
  • @chasingroygbiv definitely not silly to worry! We’re moms, it’s what we do  :D maybe do a decaf next time you need something to help you go to the bathroom? There’s still caffeine in decaf, but it’s a tiny amount (like eating some dark chocolate) and it should still help things along.
  • edited October 2017
    @ShawnnaO I never even thought of that, honestly. Which is embarrassing.  :| Definitely going to remember that if I want to give it a try again, unfortunately it hasn’t helped so far... ugh. 

Edited to tag