June 2018 Moms

Appointments w/o 10/16

Re: Appointments w/o 10/16

• Hang in there @ffw0617 .  I know....easier said than done.  Hopefully your betas come back good so you can stop stressing so much!  (((hugs))) 
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ffw0617 I'm sorry you have to go through this. FX next week your doctor has more answers for you.**creepy internet hugs**
  • Loading the player...
  • @ffw0167 I'm sorry your dr wasn't much help. I hope the bw clears things up. I will say this - it is possible to spot, some women even bleed quite a lot, throughout pregnancy and have totally healthy pregnancies and babies. Good luck.
  • @ffw0617 I’m so sorry your appointment was disappointing. I agree with @zamora_spin that many woman spot (myself included) and have healthy pregnancies but it still causes so much anxiety and worry. I hope your next appointment is more comforting and gives you the answers to your questions.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @ffw0617 I'm sorry. fingers crossed for you. I'd push for something, anything to ease your mind.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Thanks everyone.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @dodoknits I did not ask why they aren’t doing one. When I was pregnant with DD2 I was not expecting to get an early US and was surprised when I went in for my first appointment and they asked if I wanted one. Maybe they don’t plan on doing them during the first appointment, but if the ultrasound equipment is available they’ll offer? I’m not sure. The only other thing I could think of is my new insurance. Some insurances will only cover the 20 week anatomy scan unless additional ones are medically necessary. I’ll have to check my policy to know for sure though.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kbrown2385 That's good news! I'll be thinking of you, girl! 
    @BurlapandLace so exciting! Let us know how's it goes!
  • @ffw0617 early pregnancy is so filled with anxiety. I’m sorry you are dealing with this. Hoping your betas come back with good news.  

@dodoknits that’s a good rise! Hope your next appt shows some growth.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!
  • @emjeve I'm sorry you won't be getting a dating ultrasound! I know what you mean about wanting it to ease your mind.. I demanded an early ultrasound this time around, and thankfully my doctor allowed it
  • @ffw0617 ugh girl, that's so frustrating! I'm confused why they even asked you to come in if they knew it was too early..? Fx for good blood work to help ease your mind!
  • Looks like a lot of frustration is going on this week with appointments :/ First trimester is hard!

i had a 6 week ultrasound today and the gestational sack measured 5.5 weeks and there is a yolk sack, but no baby. So many mixed emotions going on in my head!
  • @bitzyg thinking of you! Hope you can find a way to cope with all of those emotions!
  • @bitzyg When are you going for your next ultrasound? It's good news that there was a yolk sack, 5.5 weeks is still early to see a baby.
  • bitzygbitzyg member
    edited October 2017
    @bkrahn thanks for the support-I appreciate it!

@ChloandCoco I’m going back for another ultrasound at the end of next week. According to my ovulation tracking, I really thought I was 6 weeks. Time will tell. I did get blood draw so maybe I’ll get some information from the HCG and progesterone levels. 

Edited because I forgot something.
  • @bitzyg I really hope it's good news!
  • @zamora_spin yay!!!

@ffw0617 ugh I’m sorry girl. That totally sucks :(
    @bitzyg FX the next ultrasound will show more. Still great you saw the sac! 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So I know this is a few weeks out for most of us but I’m wanting to see a discussion sometime on the Harmony/Panerama blood test. I think there’s several different names? STM’s have you had this done and if your insurance did not cover it how did you go about it being affordable and get your provider to order it? @doxiemoxie212 You seem to have a gift of thread coordination so I don’t know if it could be a thread or if this is the best place to discuss this. I’m reeeeally wanting it done because of my history but am pretty much positive it won’t be covered. Most of us can’t afford the thousands they seem to be full price. Have other BMB had discussions on this lately? I need to go look that up....
  • @tammy574 how close to 35 are you? And when you say your history, do you think there are any factors that would warrant you getting it early. When I was pregnant in 2016, 35 seemed to be the break even point for it getting thrown in. 
  • doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited October 2017
    @tammy574 I think it's fine to discuss here or in the questions thread. They're all basically the same, but usually if your insurance covers it they only cover one brand. They're also only useful, I believe, if you're having a singleton pregnancy. Based on other BMBs it looks like almost everyone gets them these days, partially due to impatience on finding out the sex of the baby. 

ETA: I thought they were like max $200?
  • @Natinat6 I’m not 30 yet so not close to the age cut off. I need to ask again. I ask last time and they said no but I feel like that with my history I should qualify. 
  • @ffw0617 so sorry about your appt being a waste and you didn't get answers! I totally get your thoughts in home pregnancy tests, just create more anticipation way earlier than you can even do anything about.
  • Super annoyed. After telling me this morning DH should come to today’s appointment because they were going to do a u/s, they ended up not doing one (doctor said they shouldn’t have told me yes in the first place). So now I have to wait until 11/2 for one. Humph 
  • I think waiting for my beta results tomorrow at 9a has actually frozen the clock. I was working from home today and all I've just paced back and forth for most of it. 
  • @tammy574 I was 34 with DS and my insurance refused to cover the early blood tests like Harmony. I'm 36 now and it's my understanding it's covered because I'm AMA. 
  • Re: NIPT testing. I was just looking into it, and it's unclear whether my insurance covers it. So I looked a little info OOP costs, and you can call ahead of time to the company that provides the rest and get an idea of the max cost without insurance. It seems like cost varies state to state based off some sort of agreements. If going this route, be sure to be clear on the rules for how to do the testing, as some report that doing it through certain labs prevents them from discounting the cost.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @BurlapandLace oh no! I'm so sorry! That must be so frustrating!
  • tammy574 said:
    So I know this is a few weeks out for most of us but I’m wanting to see a discussion sometime on the Harmony/Panerama blood test. I think there’s several different names? STM’s have you had this done and if your insurance did not cover it how did you go about it being affordable and get your provider to order it? @doxiemoxie212 You seem to have a gift of thread coordination so I don’t know if it could be a thread or if this is the best place to discuss this. I’m reeeeally wanting it done because of my history but am pretty much positive it won’t be covered. Most of us can’t afford the thousands they seem to be full price. Have other BMB had discussions on this lately? I need to go look that up....
    We  did the harmony test with our DD born in November 2016. I think the test was about $200 and insurance covered half.
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Back in 2012, we were offered materniT21. I was only 30 but it was cause of my NT scan/bloodwork results.. cause I refused the amnio. With insurance, it would have been 250. 

we'll be finding out about it again on thurs at our apt. If all is ok, we'll be told to do it cause of my history and I'm 35
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Had my first appointment yesterday. It was an "educational session" with the nurse. I am scheduled for an ultrasound next Tuesday and need to get blood work done. We talked about genetic screenings and whooping cough so I can make a decision with S.O. about the testing we want done. She also scheduled me for an appointment with the endo because I've been out of my metformin for some time now (PCOS). It's been difficult being in a new area. I don't know the doctors so I have to rely on online reviews for right now. My first appointment with the OB is in December. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @missylaneous419 so glad you had your appointment! I know you were anxious to get in and establish a new doctor. How'd you like the care? 
  • @stephcat421 I thought the practice seemed nice so far. I also liked that they have centralized scheduling and contacted radiology and endo on the spot for appointment requests. I was a little concerned that the nurse did not seem familiar with the rhogam shot. She told me if I had spotting to only call if it were moderate bleeding. I explained I was rh negative and she tried to reassure me they would get all the info they needed from my blood work. S.O. said the hospital they use for delivery is not in a great area but they give tours of labor and delivery and the NICU so we're going to sign up for one.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ChloandCoco FX for great numbers tomorrow!

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• edited October 2017
    @RachelH77 Sorry about the scare but so glad baby is ok!!
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Does anyone have any experience with beta numbers not doubling? Mine ended up being 3 days apart and went from 711 to 1327. So that was a 50% rise which is not ideal but I was told anything over 30% is going in the right direction. 
  • @RachelH77 Glad baby is looking well! Sorry for the scare <3 

@Natinat6 Have you heard from your doctor yet? I'm not sure on the percentages, but sending good vibes!!

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987