• @gildah same due date as me!
  • Loading the player...
  • @gildah same due date as me!
    Due date buddies! Is this your first?
  • gildah said:
    @gildah same due date as me!
    Yes it will be my first! How about you? 
  • First real appt went well! Ultrasound looked perfect,  and we discussed that I'll need the Rhogam shots again,  and the Makenna shots this time (first was born at 33w4d). She reminded me that I shouldn't eat the list of no no foods,  and I smiled and nodded.  Still undecided on doing the NT scan.  Wish they'd just do the NIPT, less false results from what i understand. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Had my first appointment this past Wednesday. Confirmation u/s showed the baby is measuring on track and hr is 167! I had to stop at the lab afterward to give a urine sample and 8 vials of blood.  :o 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Had my first appointment this past Wednesday. Confirmation u/s showed the baby is measuring on track and hr is 167! I had to stop at the lab afterward to give a urine sample and 8 vials of blood.  :o 
    I had my first appointment this past Monday (just a consultation, dating scan is Tuesday), and they gave me the requisition for blood work.

It was terrible for me last pregnancy (I got so dizzy), and I was feeling a million times better than I do this time. So I’m totally procrastinating on getting it done. I committed to get it done today then found something else to do. Now I’m recommitted to doing it Monday, on the principal that I don’t want to go in for another appointment without it done. 

Power to you for getting it done right away. 
  • I had one of those sit down and talk to a nurse appointments a week and a half ago. I asked if I had to go, and they said yes. I learned almost nothing new, kind of frustrating and felt like a waste of time.

Before that, they also had me come in for a blood test and then scheduled me for an early dating scan, which they said they wanted since I didn't have 3 regular cycles since having my IUD taken out (I'd had 2). That was supposed to be this coming week, and I was just going to go with it, until I got a call this week to pre-register for it, and was told it would cost $300-$600 out of pocket. Yikes. They might not feel confident in my ability to know when I got pregnant, but I do, so I'm skipping that one, and will get my first ultrasound in a couple more weeks at my 9 week appointment.

Anyone else told they needed an early dating scan when they felt like they didn't really need it?
  • Pascal86 said:
    I had one of those sit down and talk to a nurse appointments a week and a half ago. I asked if I had to go, and they said yes. I learned almost nothing new, kind of frustrating and felt like a waste of time.

Before that, they also had me come in for a blood test and then scheduled me for an early dating scan, which they said they wanted since I didn't have 3 regular cycles since having my IUD taken out (I'd had 2). That was supposed to be this coming week, and I was just going to go with it, until I got a call this week to pre-register for it, and was told it would cost $300-$600 out of pocket. Yikes. They might not feel confident in my ability to know when I got pregnant, but I do, so I'm skipping that one, and will get my first ultrasound in a couple more weeks at my 9 week appointment.

Anyone else told they needed an early dating scan when they felt like they didn't really need it?
    I felt like three out of four ultrasounds were unnecessary when I was pregnant with J.
  • @Ceridwen77 I was expecting it, so I thought I might as well get it over with! I basically had all the same tests done in June to start IF workup, and I had to give 9 vials that time. I think I'm going to keep a log of how many vials!  :D:)
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• I don't have my first prenatal until I'm 10 weeks! Good luck to you
  • gildah said:
    @gildah same due date as me!
    Yes it will be my first! How about you? 
    No, 5th! My last baby was 9 days late, so even though my due date is may 12th, I keep telling myself it's later LOL!
  • I've had my walk through of the birth center, insurance coverage, Q&A stuff with my Midwife but I don't have my first appointment until 12 weeks.So I'll be waiting until Nov 15th.