March 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms -- Week of 10/1

Re: Symptoms -- Week of 10/1

• Options
    fatstagnationfatstagnation member
    edited October 2017
    I have a cold. :(

And I'm totally annoyed with the half-baked info from my midwife's office. Under coughs and colds it says "may try tylenol, tylenol sinus, sudafed, actifed, plain robitussin.  I went to Walgreens and stood there looking at the shelf. No such thing as Actifed. A thousand Robitussins but nothing "plain". There is "Tylenol sinus + headache" or "Tylenol Sinus Severe." And the most "plain" Sudafed I could find was Sudafed PE.  Those last two have the same active ingredient - phenylephedrin. So I almost went with one of them, but something in the back of my head suggested I check with the pharmacist. Thank goodness I did! He told me phenylephedrin is NOT ok for pregnancy, and what I wanted was pseudoephedrin, which you have to ask for at the pharmacy and sign a waiver for. And he recommended the 6 hour one, not the 12 hour extended release. 

So, in summary, thank you for letting me rant. and PSA - if you *need* cold meds, ask your pharmacist  for the pseudoephedrine. (I don't know if the law is the same in Canada.)

edit: also, menthol cough drops are ok. Make sure they don't have actual medicines in them. (can ask pharmacist again.)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    nancysimpnancysimp member
    edited October 2017
    I concur with the "peeing myself"...if I have even the slightest feeling of needing to pee and then sneeze...yup, I peed myself. It sucks when you're at work in a meeting and know you can step out to pee, but you just want to wait 5 more mins so you don't miss the important information, and then aaachhooo...big mistake. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    15 weeks and 2 days. Remember when I thought the MS would stop automatically at 12 wks? Let's all laugh together. I know everyone's different but I do honestly amuse myself thinking of when I first found out I was expecting and thought "I wonder if I'll start feeling sick.." Ha! I'm on the headache train here too. Been using peppermint oil on my temples to avoid taking Tylenol but I might cave in tonight. 
  • Options
    Ah...and my vomit free week has officially ended. Fantastic. 
  • Options
    @nancysimp I am taking some daily gummie vitamins. As soon as I wash and brush my teeth in the AM I take them! It has helped cut the taste too. I don't know what causes it but it is really awful! I was hoping it would go away with the first tri  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bb3vj3nbb3vj3n member
    edited October 2017
    Does anyone feel like they have an air bubble stuck behind their ribs. I've had it for a week now... sometimes it's really noticeable and sometimes not. it doesn't hurt at all... it's just there floating around.  normal? not normal?
  • Options
    The leg cramps in the middle of the night.. UGH!!
  • Options
    @fatstagnation I’m with you on the cold. I have ANOTHER one. Wahhhhhh! No meds for me because I’m too scared now that I’ve taken so much crap for my UTI’s and headaches.  :'(
  • Options
    chasingroygbiv NOOOOOO not another one! 

I haven't taken the meds either, but I did buy them just in case. I have a few deadlines this week and I'm presenting at a conference in 10 days, so I figured if I'm sick then, I could take one or two that day just to get through. I'm trying to keep meds to a minimum. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Okay, I'm starting to wonder if something isn't right, maybe I have some sort of infection. Or maybe 2nd pregnancies are just more achy?

With my first, I had excruciating back pain after 20+ weeks, but I attributed it to working on my feet. 
    Im 16 weeks now and I think I posted a few days ago saying my uterus was just generally achy. The ache is dull and constant throughout the day. There's some pressure to it. I honestly can't tell if it's my ute or my cervix or my bladder even. Ugh. Today my back is aching with the same dull ache. It doesn't feel the same as the back pain from my previous pregnancy, it's higher up. 
    Ugh. I'm 50% thinking "Maybe this isn't normal" and I'm 50% thinking "Maybe 2nd pregnancies are just more achy earlier on." 
    Sigh. 

• Options
    @jeanbean15 All my UTI's start out that way. My bladder feels like I have a pinched nerve and just aches. Then it moves to my kidneys. I would head to a doctor. And make sure to get a culture...my urine tends to come back negative, but a culture shows positive .
  • Options
    @jeanbean15 my back has felt like it's on fire for a few days now. I think it's normal but there's no harm in checking with your doctor to make sure! 
  • Options
    @kalawa I was thinking UTI but I haven't had the burning/frequency when urinating so I am not sure.   I think I'll head in tomorrow if it gets worse or is still there.
  • Options
    Puked (A LOT) for the first time in like 4-6 weeks today (I'm 16+1). I had to come home from work because I was so miserable. Really hoping this was a fluke and the MS isn't coming back for real.
  • Options
    What do Braxton hicks feel like? I never had them with DS... but on and off today I've felt pressure in my midsection. It almost feels like late 3rd trimester when baby is rolling around and your belly gets tight, but obviously it's way too early for that. Not painful, just some pressure.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited October 2017
    @ashleyf911 That's what my BH feel like!

@ksmwalters Hoping the same for you! Vomit PTSD sucks!
  • Options
    @jeanbean15 I’ve felt that way for the last 2-3 weeks. I’ve been dealing with UTI’s AND BV. I would check for both to be safe. Could just be baby growing though, too! 
  • Options
    First day off Unisom. And surprise surprise, I can't sleep. Fingers crossed tomorrow is puke-free and worth it. 
  • Options
    @sarah_haha760 Good luck! I decided to stop Unisom on Tuesday night as the nausea has passed, and I actually fell asleep pretty normally, but my stomach was SUPER uneasy on Wednesday. Heartburn, GI pressure, messed up movements- all awful. I don't like taking meds period, but I could barely focus on work with that discomfort, so I went back on Unisom that night. I hope you have better outcome (or at least are less wimpy at withdrawal (;). 
  • Options
    pregobethpregobeth member
    edited October 2017
    @chasingroygbiv Yay! So glad to hear that you beat the UTI! 

I've been having weird stabs of pain in my uterus, cervix, or maybe bladder/kidneys/whatever is getting smooshed by growing baby. Just quick little pains every once in a while, usually several in a row. Just wondering if it could be baby kicking and moving around. Sometimes it's in my side like it's the kidneys getting hit, or lower around the cervix/bladder area. I've started to feel a little movement now at almost 17 weeks, and I was thinking maybe that was it. Unless this is what braxton hicks are like?? 
  • Options
    The RLP is seriously real. I never had it with DS. Every time I moved last night in bed I was in pain. 
  • Options
    ShawnnaOShawnnaO member
    edited October 2017
    @pregobeth BH contractions are not stabbing pains, they're like a tightening in your uterus and your stomach gets hard. They're unmistakable once you've felt them. The stabbing pain COULD be baby moving and pinching something, but I feel like it's unlikely? I would ask your doctor!

ETA actually you know what, it sounds like RLP to me? Def still check with your doctor, but I think that's all it is. 
  • Options
    Everything hurts and I feel like I have a bowling ball in my belly already. I was not this miserable, this early with my first one. I'm not sure I'm going to make it, guys. /drama
  • Options
    chasingroygbiv Thanks for the warning! I had 2 UTIs with my last pregnancy and never showed any symptoms, so this time around I really freaked out. Thankfully the culture came back negative, and the little stinker finally moved!! I can pee again!
    JGL
  • Options
    bb3vj3nbb3vj3n member
    edited October 2017
    @jgl907 just curious - if you had no symptoms, how did you know to get checked for a UTI? I feel like I may have one coming on.... but I've been told they can feel different during pregnancy
  • Options
    Could it be withdrawals from Unisom making me sick? Or am I doomed to have MS for the rest of this pregnancy. Ugggghhh. 
  • Options
    bb3vj3n They found traces of protein and white blood cells in my urine when I went in for my monthly appointments. I felt no discomfort nor did I have difficulty urinating. When the results for the culture would come in, they would be positive. I'm not sure if this is common place for all clinics to ask for a clean catch with every appointment, but I live in off the road system in Alaska, so they constantly screen for it out here because if things get worse they have to fly you out of town.  If you feel like you may have one coming on, call your doctor and ask to get tested for it. It's worth the peace of mind (even if nothing is wrong).
    JGL
  • Options
    bb3vj3nbb3vj3n member
    edited October 2017
    @jgl907 definetly not standard here.... though I live very close to a huge city.  I'm out of toen at a wedding this weekend and am not back home until Monday - ill give my doc a call when I get back just to be sure though.  thanks for the info
  • Options
    @ShawnnaO Thanks for the info! I'll definitely talk to my doctor. I think you're right though that it's just RLP pain, my bump's been growing a lot more lately.
  • Options
    I totally forgot about lightning crotch. Ohhhhh the joys
  • Options
    @syssa-o I just got on here to talk about lightning crotch! Not cool! I jolt every once in awhile and it looks odd on top of the sucky feeling. 

Does anyone even know what that's about?
  • Options
    @barrelocarol so many different potential causes, head nearing cervix (usually closer to delivery), nerves, RLP, and a few more. I consulted Dr. Google last night because I totally forgot about it and why it happens lol
  • Options
    Could it be withdrawals from Unisom making me sick? Or am I doomed to have MS for the rest of this pregnancy. Ugggghhh. 
    @sarah_haha760 I felt so sick the day I stopped taking Unisom. It wasn't nausea, the reason I started taking Unisom- it was dizziness and acid reflux and GI upset. I've stayed on Unisom since that day. I hate taking meds, but I was non functioning the day I didn't have it.
  • Options
    lol- lightning crotch! I love the medical terminology you ladies come up with.... don't think I've experienced this one yet. just RLP
  • Options
    @syssa-o I was having this the other day! I just thought it was from the RLP, since I'd read that it can radiate to the groin area. Not fun! But lightening crotch is the perfect name for it though  :D
  • Options
    @bb3vj3n bahaha super medical for sure! It legit feels like lightning struck in your vagina. Fun... but super annoying later in pregnancy when it won't go away 
  • Options
    @bb3vj3n it literally feels like when you get static shocked, but to your vagina and cervix. 
  • Options
    @kalawa @syssa-o does not sound fun at all! sorry you have had to experience this girls.