May 2018 Moms

Super Early, Super Unnecessary, Baby name thread

Re: Super Early, Super Unnecessary, Baby name thread

• cups4 said:

Haha, we don't watch T.V. So I have no idea what that's from
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol, national Lampoon's Christmas vacation 
  • @bwow615 we just finished rewatching it and I totally agree. 
  • @cups4, I agree with avoiding the Ollie and Sully sibset, it's a mouthful.  The nn thing is tough for me, because I do like nicknames most of the time, but MH is set on Patrick, and I HATE all the nns associated.  If anyone calls him Pat or Patty or Ricky, I'll lose it.  It really makes me not want to use the name, but MH has had it picked out since before we met, so if this is a boy, I think I'm stuck.  
    I have a Patrick that we call Patrick because we hate all the nicknames. I was really worried that people would call him Pat or Patty but it hasn't been an issue. Now he's old enough that if someone calls him something other than Patrick is politely, firmly corrects it lol. I love the name- it's classic, easy to pronounce, and we've only met one other one.
  • I am liking the name Kira/Keira lately.
  • justsuzie said:
    I am liking the name Kira/Keira lately.
    I have a friend named Kira, and she pronounces it k-eye-ruh 
  • @k5678 my brother's name is Patrick. I've called him Patchy since he was little, but everyone outside of our family calls him Patrick.
  • ivyvines6 said:
    justsuzie said:
    I am liking the name Kira/Keira lately.
    I have a friend named Kira, and she pronounces it k-eye-ruh 
    stuck in the box....
    I was thinking Key-ruh.  Which spelling is more obvious for my pronunciation? 
  • roomsuroomsu member
    edited October 2017
    @justsuzie I've had 2 Kira students. One was spelled Kira and one was spelled Kyra. They both pronounced it K-ear-uh. (My phonics is not up to par! I'm horrible at phoenemic spelling). *side note. Both were adorable, intelligent, sweet girls!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @justsuzie I’d pronounce either of those spellings like keer-uh. Isn’t that how Keira Knightly pronounces her name? (I am bad with actors). 
  • @justsuzie I would pronounce both of those as keer-uh. I think they’re lovely. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH shot down another girl name I suggested last night. Although it’s probably for the best since it’s a name that really doesn’t fit the criteria I have set for myself, even though I kind of love it. Back to the drawing board...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• rowboat4 said:
    DH shot down another girl name I suggested last night. Although it’s probably for the best since it’s a name that really doesn’t fit the criteria I have set for myself, even though I kind of love it. Back to the drawing board...
    Need to know all names, good or bad!
  • rowboat4rowboat4 member
    edited October 2017
    @justsuzie Haha the name was Reese. I’m super anti boy names on a girl but for some reason I couldn’t stop think about it! He said we could add it if he could add Rylie (which was a hard no from me) so it’s our. For now  ;)

ETA our current girl name list is Audrey, Lily, Mallory, Harper, and Scarlett. I’m thoroughly meh about all of them which is why I’m still suggesting names to my H. So far he’s shot down Zara, Zoe, Lena, Tessa, and Reese. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @rowboat4 I've always loved the name Mallory! My parents have a close friend named Mal (Malcom) so it's out for us, but such a pretty name! 
  • justsuziejustsuzie member
    edited October 2017
    @rowboat4

I like Scarlett 
  • @rowboat4 I love Harper but it's getting a lot of love right now. And H shot it down before we were even pregnant. Our last name starts with H and I love the alliteration. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Ambermom043 no tv watching needed. Just being alive during any Christmas starting in 1989. 
  • cups4 said:
    @Ambermom043 no tv watching needed. Just being alive during any Christmas starting in 1989. 
    Born in 92. If it's a movie or show ...yes TV watching would indeed be needed
  • Awake since 4am nauseous so cruising the baby name thread... Love both Silas and Iris, but I couldn't do them together! I'm prone to tongue tanglers as it is. Kaidence and Kadison are making me more nauseous. Both of them. This is my most current version of a girl name list that DH refuses to discuss because he is set on Juniper:
    Juniper (Junie) James, Junonia James, Josephine (Josie) , Elizabeth James (Tessa, Liza, Libby, Eliza), Delia James, Dahlia James, Felicity James, Tallulah James, Clementine James (Cleo), Coralie James (Cora), Philippa James (Pippa), Josetta James (Josie), Georgia/ Georgina James , Genevieve James , Gwendolyn James (Gwen), Adelaide James (Addie), Ophelia James, Avaline James, Elowyn/ Elowen James, Hazel James

For a boy, I think we're stuck on either Parson James or James Wesley. I like James but don't like the nicknames (Jim, Jimmy, etc). Does anyone have a James that gets called by the full name? What about Jamie? Too girly?

Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • And will add... partially cruising the thread because I also woke up after nightmare that I found out it was twin girls and I knew my marriage would never survive having to decide on two more girl names. 
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited October 2017
    Guillerma said:
    Awake since 4am nauseous so cruising the baby name thread... Love both Silas and Iris, but I couldn't do them together! I'm prone to tongue tanglers as it is. Kaidence and Kadison are making me more nauseous. Both of them. This is my most current version of a girl name list that DH refuses to discuss because he is set on Juniper:
    Juniper (Junie) James, Junonia James, Josephine (Josie) , Elizabeth James (Tessa, Liza, Libby, Eliza), Delia James, Dahlia James, Felicity James, Tallulah James, Clementine James (Cleo), Coralie James (Cora), Philippa James (Pippa), Josetta James (Josie), Georgia/ Georgina James , Genevieve James , Gwendolyn James (Gwen), Adelaide James (Addie), Ophelia James, Avaline James, Elowyn/ Elowen James, Hazel James

For a boy, I think we're stuck on either Parson James or James Wesley. I like James but don't like the nicknames (Jim, Jimmy, etc). Does anyone have a James that gets called by the full name? What about Jamie? Too girly?

You’re concerned about Jamie being too girly of a nn for a boy, but your girl middle name is James?? Maybe I’m reading this wrong.  :#
  • For a boy, I think we're stuck on either Parson James or James Wesley. I like James but don't like the nicknames (Jim, Jimmy, etc). Does anyone have a James that gets called by the full name? What about Jamie? Too girly?
    My sisters husband is a James that goes by Jamie. Seems fine to me. I also had a James friend in HS who was never called anything other than James. So I wouldn't let Jim hold you back!
  • cups4 said:
    @Ambermom043 no tv watching needed. Just being alive during any Christmas starting in 1989. 
    Born in 92. If it's a movie or show ...yes TV watching would indeed be needed
    I have no interest in National Lampoons either. I never get when people try and quote it. My DH tried to get my to watch it but bleh, it's not my kind of humor. But I also avoid screens in general.
  • Guillerma said:
    Awake since 4am nauseous so cruising the baby name thread... Love both Silas and Iris, but I couldn't do them together! I'm prone to tongue tanglers as it is. Kaidence and Kadison are making me more nauseous. Both of them. This is my most current version of a girl name list that DH refuses to discuss because he is set on Juniper:

You’re concerned about Jamie being too girly of a nn for a boy, but your girl middle name is James?? Maybe I’m reading this wrong.  :#
    Fair question. It's an important family name that we've been saving for a boy but if this (probably last) baby is another girl, we still need to use it. I would never use it for a first name for a girl. Middle is a whole different ballgame than a first name, or a nickname that's used every day. To each his own. 
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • heelsideheroheelsidehero member
    edited October 2017
    Guillerma said:
    Guillerma said:

Fair question. It's an important family name that we've been saving for a boy but if this (probably last) baby is another girl, we still need to use it. I would never use it for a first name for a girl. Middle is a whole different ballgame than a first name, or a nickname that's used every day. To each his own. 
    My nieces middle name is Jaymes. I know people here don't like different spellings but there are a lot of James in our family. One goes by Jim and one by Jamie. You as the parent get a huge influence on nicknames so if you don't like Jim, don't call him that.

edit: to add the y in James makes it look a little more feminine 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's not a screen time thing, but @cups4 objected to saying TV for a movie, so I was just trying to be general. 
  • @rowboat4, what about Risa?
    @Guillerma, I really don't like Junonia. 

And Mallory makes me think of Family Ties. That's how you more I'm the granny of the board.
  • @Guillerma I actually really love James as a female name (both for first and middle) and I think it fits with most of the names on your list. That being said....If I had to pick, I would say I am not loving Junonia or Gwendolyn. It may just be personal taste, but I like Gwenyth more than Gwendolyn. I agree with above poster, Parson James is too similar to Jim Parsons for me. I'm really liking Georgia James (it sounds nice when said out loud) and Hazel James. 
  • @nanifrog is Risa a real name? I’m searching but not finding much on it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker