September 2017 Moms

Randoms 9/14

Re: Randoms 9/14

• It's 90 degrees here in Iowa. Is it bad that I'm annoyed?! I LOVE Fall so I have been looking forward to our walks with the crisp air...not sweating and dealing with mosquitoes...
    Also my 21 mth old loves watching Let's make a deal and the price is right with me.lol
    One more thing, what is with this post pardom carpel tunnel? It's easily 100 times worse than when I was pregnant. 
  • @tfrangul, with DS I had some major wrist pain post partum. I realized that it was likely due to the repetitive position of breastfeeding. I switched positions and holds more frequently which seemed to help. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @coastalmomma-2 it's really only a problem at night. It will act up during the day but very little. Normally towards the end of a walk from pushing the stroller or something along those lines. It was horrible last night. Blahhh
  • Anyone here have a spinal headache after an epidural? Dealing with one here and hoping to commiserate. I just had a blood patch done but it isn't fully effective (yet?).  
  • @coffee-2 I'm sorry you have a spinal headache, that sucks!! I hope you feel better soon. I can't imagine caring for a newborn like that. 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @tfrangul it's also 90 here in Ohio. It sucks because I want to open the windows and let some fresh fall air in but no I have the AC running all day. 
  • @tfrangul could be de quervane sydrome or carpal tunnel if you're still experiencing edema.
  • **lurking**
    @lap018  YGPM
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know we've got some moms who are still expecting. How's it going out there? 
  • @lilpoots I'm still here!  Much to my dismay.  40+4 which I feel bad complaining about because its not even that bad, but were in the middle of a heat wave here in Ohio and its our 6th (I think) day of over 90 degree heat and humidity, and to top it off we closed out pool two weeks ago when it was 20 degrees BELOW average! I'm still working from home and I'm just ready to meet this little guy!
  • I have both babies asleep and want nothing more than to lay here with them.....but this house is not going to clean itself and those boxes are not going to pack them selves. I almost want to cry and feel sorry for myself! Lol
  • Still hangin in here! I will be induced on Wednesday or Thursday..we were hoping baby girl would come on her own before then but it's not looking like that's going to happen. I'm going nuts but keep telling myself we'll have a baby by the end of the week!
  • Induction tomorrow at 41+3! @Megane15 complain all you like- being overdue is the worst :-( We tried all the tricks but none of them have worked, and our long walk yesterday has left my hips and pelvis in terrible shape. Good luck with the induction @hmclaren - I was induced at +10 last time too. Guess I have a comfy womb...
  • 40+2 here and no signs of baby! Have had one stretch and sweep, have another tomorro
  • @tfrangul, glad things are going well for you! Sounds like this may be a fresh start.
  • Going on hour 30 of my induction and dilated to 2 cm :( getting very frustrated and haven't slept much so i'm exhausted
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited September 2017
    @hmclaren oh man.. what are they using? Cervidil or cytotec? Come on cervix! Get this show on the road!

@mambo5-2 Hey glad to see you. You're not alone. All the hugs! How are you feeling now after starting medicine? I'm so glad Calla is doing well.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • lilpootslilpoots member
    edited September 2017
    @mambo5-2 you're a great mom for taking care of yourself

@hmclaren thinking opening thoughts for you. 

@tfrangul I'm so glad that things have worked out for your family. Hopefully this move and pending bankruptcy allows you to get back into a better place financially. 
  • I'm 10 days pp and my steri strips haven't fallen off my c-section incision yet. I'm going to call and ask if I can take them off because they're actually starting to irritate my skin, but I'm wondering what other c-section mamas did about these.
  • So might have a small pink line problem... But I may be seeing things/may be crazy.  
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• @divinemsm620
    I am going to my 2 week check up later today and I am going to ask the kinda the same. Mine is just glued and they said after a couple weeks it will start going away but its driving me crazy and itchy. I want to get her to check it before I start scrubbing at it. I am only sore now after doing stuff around the house or walking a lot.
  • @mambo5-2 All I have to say is holy moly cow! I would probably actually lose my mind. 2 under 2 is no joke. Can't imagine 2 in 1 year!! I'm 4 weeks PP and feel great but I almost flipped when DH asked if we could have sex last week. Hell no. I'm getting the mirana back in then we can talk. Lol anyway I'm happy for you! Keep us posted!
  • tfrangul said:
    @mambo5-2 All I have to say is holy moly cow! I would probably actually lose my mind. 2 under 2 is no joke. Can't imagine 2 in 1 year!! I'm 4 weeks PP and feel great but I almost flipped when DH asked if we could have sex last week. Hell no. I'm getting the mirana back in then we can talk. Lol anyway I'm happy for you! Keep us posted!
    I would have four under six if it's true
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• tfrangultfrangul member
    edited September 2017
    mambo5-2 said:
    tfrangul said:
    @mambo5-2 All I have to say is holy moly cow! I would probably actually lose my mind. 2 under 2 is no joke. Can't imagine 2 in 1 year!! I'm 4 weeks PP and feel great but I almost flipped when DH asked if we could have sex last week. Hell no. I'm getting the mirana back in then we can talk. Lol anyway I'm happy for you! Keep us posted!
    I would have four under six if it's true
    You are one hell of a woman! Seriously. My oldest will be 9 on Tuesday and she has become so sassy. All the screaming and fighting after she gets home from school between her and the toddler is unreal! Lol
  • @divinemsm620 my OB advised if my steri strips weren't off in on there own in 7 days, that it was safe to remove them on my own.  I removed mine on day 8.  I've been fine and I'm 18 days pp. 
  • 2 weeks postpartum, and I feel like my bleeding is heavier than ever today. I called the nurse earlier this week about having more and more clots, but she said as long as there's no golfball sized clots or soaking through a pad in an hour I'm fine. It still makes me concerned though, everything I've read in the book the hospital gave me says by 2 weeks, the lochia should be white or yellow discharge instead of bleeding. Is anyone else having more bleeding at 2 weeks? I just got out of the shower an hour ago, and although I haven't soaked through a whole pad, about half the pad is full.
  • IdleFancyIdleFancy member
    edited September 2017
    @heatherlynn321 I'm definitely still having bleeding, as well, without any change to the promised white or yellow discharge. It hasn't gotten any heavier, but it's been at a constant rate since last week. My doctor said that, realistically, every woman is different and some bleed for up to a month. Then, I got the same spiel you did about pads/hour and clot size.  :/
  • @mambo5-2 Whaaat? Really??

Ugh lochia.. I'm glad to see you post about the colors @heatherlynn321 .. I've been having the yellow lochia and I still have to wear panty liners and I was wondering if I was actually peeing myself!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • That's good to hear, I just want it to slow back down some. Although it is a nice excuse to get out of housework right now though, lol. Except DH goes back to work on Monday, and if I'm still bleeding this much, our whole house is going to fall apart. 
  • @cchenal07 @jillibean0871 thanks! They told me I could take them off but to do so with soap or lotion rather than pulling them. I removed them gently--no regrets!! And I also washed the area in the shower, but without puttting pressure.
  • @Sugargirl1019 maybe... I don't know I think there might possibly be a line but I may just have line vision. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• @heatherlynn321 lochia can last for up to 6 weeks. My office was willing to see me multiple times post partum with my 1st baby. I did have multiple complications. Can you schedule a check? 
  • @lilpoots Yeah, I'm definitely going to call on Monday, I currently feel like I have the flu, and my bleeding is heavier than before.
  • @lilpoots Yeah, I'm definitely going to call on Monday, I currently feel like I have the flu, and my bleeding is heavier than before.
    Are you nursing and if so, how is it going? One of the warning signs of mastitis was flu-like symptoms. Keep us posted on how things are going, especially after your appt.
  • I am nursing, but DS is having a hard time getting the milk on the side of my left breast. I usually pump out the rest, but when I tried last night it was clogged. I looked this morning and I don't see any red streaks on the side of my left breast, I'm just having a really hard time getting that milk out. I feel like I had a very slight fever that broke. I was freezing and couldn't stay warm, but then it broke about 30 minutes ago, the highest it got was 99.9.
  • I am nursing, but DS is having a hard time getting the milk on the side of my left breast. I usually pump out the rest, but when I tried last night it was clogged. I looked this morning and I don't see any red streaks on the side of my left breast, I'm just having a really hard time getting that milk out. I feel like I had a very slight fever that broke. I was freezing and couldn't stay warm, but then it broke about 30 minutes ago, the highest it got was 99.9.
    I feel feverish with anything above 99 even though sometimes doctors say that's not clinically significant. I had a clog too. The midwife I spoke to suggested warm compresses before feeds and then massage during the feed. It helped and the clog seems to be resolved. 
    You don't have to get a red spot for it to be mastitis if you have all the other signs. Flu like, fever, hot breast, breast pain, clogged duct.
  • lilpoots said:
    I am nursing, but DS is having a hard time getting the milk on the side of my left breast. I usually pump out the rest, but when I tried last night it was clogged. I looked this morning and I don't see any red streaks on the side of my left breast, I'm just having a really hard time getting that milk out. I feel like I had a very slight fever that broke. I was freezing and couldn't stay warm, but then it broke about 30 minutes ago, the highest it got was 99.9.
    You don't have to get a red spot for it to be mastitis if you have all the other signs. Flu like, fever, hot breast, breast pain, clogged duct.
    I got mastitis last weekend. I didn't really have redness on the breast, but did have a clog and breast pain, accompanied by headache, chills, and fever of 100.4. I called the OB office and they called in antibiotics for me right away. I've been getting clogged ducts fairly often despite doing everything that's supposed to prevent them, so my OB said I may just be more prone to them than others. She suggested taking lecithin, so I just started taking that yesterday.