December 2017 Moms

Random Thread: 9/27

I need a random thread to discuss all of the shows I'm watching due to my horrid insomnia.

DWTS anyone?  I actually like a lot of the cast this season!

My heartburn is so beyond out of control the last few days... I don't even want to eat and that is like... who am I?  Ugh.  Hoping this Zantac works because Tums isn't touching it.

Re: Random Thread: 9/27

• Tums make me nauseous but I love Zantac! I take the cool mint kind and it's the best. Good luck with that. I can't chime in much on shows I'm a little out of touch. I've been so behind in my classes this semester so there's not a minute to relax. 
  • @tamaraaaa The DWTS cast is good this year! Loving Jordan Fisher - he has so much energy and fun, I can't get enough!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @tamaraaaa The DWTS cast is good this year! Loving Jordan Fisher - he has so much energy and fun, I can't get enough!
    Yes, he is my favorite!  I've been avoiding all thing Hamilton until I see it live, so I had no idea who he was but man, he is super talented!  

I always heard Frankie Munez was a jerk, but I really like him so far.  Love Nick and Vanessa.  Even TO isn't annoying me as much as I expected!
  • @tamaraaaa Agree with everything! There isn't anyone I can't stand like normal seasons. Well, I wasn't a fan of Barbara but she is gone and rightfully so! I like the basketball player a lot as well, he has a lot of charisma, and a fun personality. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Did anyone watch the new show "The Good Doctor"?!  It was SOO good! 
  • Set my alarm for 5:45 so I could wake up early enough to eat breakfast 1.5 hours before my glucose test, per instructions, then didn't sleep well worrying my alarm wouldn't go off. My timing still wasn't good and I think I may have to drink the stuff in the car while driving due to when my appointment is. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @MJDsquared she just loves hearing your voices! So sweet. 
  • elcd458elcd458 member
    edited September 2017
    My breast pump is supposed to be delivered today and I am watching down the road from my window like a puppy with anxiety for the FedEx truck.  

ETA:  I'm also planning to go to one of those big church-sponsored children's consignment sales tonight, but fear the mass chaos that might ensue.  Has anyone here been to one of those? Is it organized or am I gonna have to get in a cat fight over high chairs or whatever to get what I need?
  • @elcd458 I went to one recently. Apparently when it first opened it was a little bit of a madhouse, but when I was there about an hour after it started it was calm and very organized! There weren't any good big items left though, I just bought a ton of clothes.
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @ktcakes87 Thanks for the insight!  Today is the first day of the sale, going on all weekend, but I figure it'll all be gone when I arrive this evening anyway.  

UPDATE: Pump has arrived!  I discovered the Medela 12V battery pack is compatible with the Spectra, so I ended up ordering the free S2 versus the S1, since you can get one of those 12V power packs much cheaper than what it cost to upgrade.  
  • @elcd458 you literally just made my day.  I was researching the S1 and S2 now and I wanted to upgrade to the S1 because of the battery.  But it's almost $100 to upgrade.  Can you let me know where you got the 12v power pack?  I did a quick amazon search and only found the 9v.  Does that work, too?  You are my hero!
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • elcd458elcd458 member
    edited September 2017
    @beary67  So I swear that I found a bunch online that were 12 V the other day, maybe eBay?  I think Maymom makes one that is 12 V compatible too. Hopefully I haven't just given false hope.  The 12 V is for the Pump in Styles that are older; the ones made in the last few years have the 9 V.  

Edit: words
  • @elcd458 If it is popular, it can be a madhouse, but the ones by us are very well-organized as far as clothes divided into sizes, boy clothes separate from girl clothes, toys in one area, strollers in another, etc. So finding stuff is not hard; it can just be difficult to get through aisles if it is really crowded and the good stuff sometimes goes fast. But, most of DD's wardrobe is from these sales, and we've gotten some stuff for LO too. I do recommend checking the tags--at both sales near us, they have the consignors make tags with the price and the size on them. At one sale, all of these were accurate. At the other, I ended up buying DD several things that were in 9-12 month sizes that were marked 12-18 months, and a few 12-18 month things that were marked 18-24 months. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • So my nipples just started leaking out of nowhere! That was interesting  :D
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @BabyWnumbertwo I watched The Good Doctor last night on Hulu. I enjoyed the first show and plan to continue watching it. My stepdaughter has high functioning autism (currently significantly less severe than how the doctor's is portrayed in the show) so I was interested to see how it would be.
  • Starting to stress about the fact that we still have no baby name list for this LO...this is getting a little ridiculous. DH and I are considering putting any name either of us like into a bowl and drawing out a first and middle name and just calling it a day  :s ughhhh
  • I'm just creeped the Jan18 HDBD thread and literally none of them cropped their faces out haha were all a bunch of paranoid aluminum hat wearers over here  :D
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @failuretofly that made me lol. My reason for no head is because I cannot seem to handle getting a decent picture of my bump and my face at the same time  :D
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @Skobb I would be totally stressing out, but that reminds me of the Beethoven scene where they pull names out of the hat and the kids are trying to name the puppy Dick or MC Hammer. You should try it just for kicks, and you might end up agreeing!
  • So I don't have a great relationship with my father. I'll be straight up, I really just don't like him. I invited him to my baby shower because it's coed and I decided to invite my aunt and cousin (his sister and niece) so I felt obligated. He was supposed to go to Thailand in December (he goes for a few months at a time--he was on Thai dating sites and ended up marrying one of them; he's a piece of work) but I found out last night he's now going in October and getting back in December. So on one hand, I'm relieved that he won't be at the shower, but now he'll want to meet the baby soon after birth which I was glad I had a pass on before. Ugh.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @babybison DH and I finally came to a top 3 today (we think) and my MIL was over a little while later...she mentioned every single name and was like, "Ewww I don't like that" without knowing those are what we're thinking. DH started freaking out, and I'm just like whatever at this point. If they don't like the name, oh well
  • I have a question.
    Anyone here know if the Catholic church will allow two women as godparents? They are both my best friends, they each have long term SOs, but neither are married. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ktcakes87 so about the nipples (I could not really make that any less/more creepy sorry)....I am really freaked out about this happening and nervous! I am not ready for that to happen. Was it like a lot? Should we get some nipple pads to keep on hand now, or is it not really that much? My BIGGEST fear is being at work and this all of a sudden happening!!! SORRY, I know this is all TMI!

• @Mandayno in my experience, it’s jsit very light colostrum. It won’t actually be milk because your milk
    doesnt come in until after you give birth. You’ll be fine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mandayno oh it wasn't enough to need anything Iike that. They were just super painful and my friend suggested squeezing to see if something was trying to come out. YEP it was
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @Mandayno maybe you will be one of the lucky ones and never leak! I breast fed my son for 8 months and never once leaked or needed to use nipple pads of any kind. I'm really hoping the same thing happens with this one!
  • @Kirss I asked DH, whose dad is a deacon, and of course he has no idea, lol. He also wants his sisters to be godparents...but apparently he doesn’t know if that will even be possible.

when we got married we dealt with an annoying church administrator lady who wouldn’t let us have our moms as the witnesses for signing the marriage license (even though it’s a legal document, not a church document) so I don’t know!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @TigerCakes I rarely leaked too! After the first month or so I never wore pads.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thank you all!! I am familiar with the colostrum, but just didn't know how bad leaking could be before baby! 

• @Kirss honestly it will depend on the individual church.  I go to a very tolerant Catholic Church and they allowed us to have two God mothers for DS1 and he has a godfather too.  With this LO, we have two god mothers and two godfathers but I have friends who also go to Catholic Church and they only allowed them 1 of each. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @Mandayno I've been leaking for about 2 weeks now. Mine is just a drop at a time, but it can happen all day and add up. So far, it's only noticeable when I'm not wearing a bra (but it's very noticeable)  I went ahead and got some pads, but I've also learned that in a pinch, a panty liner ripped in half can work as a disposable one (especially for light leaks). 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • KirssKirss member
    edited October 2017
    @MJDsquared thanks for checking :) I think it might depend on the church itself. Like @Marley629  said, great to know it is possible! The witness thing is annoying :( 
    We recently moved and haven't really been active in the church to find a new one, looks like we need to get on it. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker