December 2017 Moms
Options

Random Thread: 9/27

Re: Random Thread: 9/27

• Options
    @Tennis11785 thank you so much for this...I would not have thought of that! And since I now carry these with me daily, it makes me feel good to know i have an option if I did start leaking at work!!! 

• Options
    I can't believe this shooting in Las Vegas, horrible horrible. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jlemons-2 It's awful. I had to turn off the radio because I couldn't stop crying while they talked about it. It's scary bringing our babies into a world where things like this happen, but I'm trying to really focus on the good and the beauty in this world that's worth living for and sharing with our children.
  • Options
    Just sat in a chair in the OBs office and sank down about 4 inches. This chair has no arms...how am I gonna get up?!?!? Come on guys, you know you've got pregnant women sitting in these chairs!

On a more serious note, absolutely heartbroken for LV. Praying for all those affected - I can't even imagine what they're going through
  • Options
    We learned this weekend that our neighbors were in a bad car accident on the way to visit family/go to a football game. The husband was killed, one son has a broken collarbone, and their dog also died from injuries. Now the wife is a widow with a 2nd and 3rd grader. They are friends of ours and live just a couple houses away from us. To hear about the LV shooting this morning on top of that...it's going to be a rough week. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @cait5413 prayers and thoughts for your neighbor. That’s so sad. 

Im also feeling heavy hearted over hearing the news from LV today. Like @leilagphillips said, sometimes it scares me to bring babies into such a scary world. My thoughts are certainly with everyone impacted by the senseless act. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh @cait5413. That's so incredibly sad. My heart hurts for them and prayers going out.  

I am so heartbroken over this latest tragedy in LV. I try really hard not to let my anxiety about what could happen affect my daily life and what activities we do and places we go, but I'll be honest in that it's getting increasingly more difficult to do that with all these horrific things happening. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @cait5413 I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers for the family!

The LV attack is a tragedy. Too bad the shooter killed himself...he deserved a slow death. 
  • Options
    I don't even know how to put my feelings into words. Such a horrible thing to happen. I can't wrap my head around the fact that there are people that are that fucked up in the world.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    Okay, separate from my heavy post... I just happened to notice someone started a group called, "Vasectomy Oops Baby!" The description is, "Were you surprised as much as I was when you discovered your husbands vasectomy grew back and now pregnant later in life?"

For one thing...a group?! Whaaaat? This 100% doesn't seem group-worthy to me. Go post something on one of the trimester boards. But also, "grew back"? I don't really know anything about vasectomies and I'm sure there are times when the procedure isn't done correctly or completely or something, but growing back? That doesn't seem possible. And I'm not Googling that at work. Or maybe ever. Lol.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @mjdsquared Yeah... that group is messed up. I can't imagine that's a very common occurrence! And I'd definitely be afraid to google that because of the images that could pop up. Yikes!  
  • Options
    "Vasectomy grew back"... is that code for "I cheated on my husband"? In all seriousness, I know not all vasectomies take, but it's such a miniscule chance...
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I often wonder if there are men out there who swear they got a vasectomy but actually chickened out and lied.  It wouldn't be hard to do in the kind of relationship where a wife doesn't have the insurance in her name, or keep up with the finances, etc.  
  • Options
    My heart goes out to all those affected in Las Vegas, it brought back so many memories of when I was on mat. leave w/ DD 5 years ago and Sandy Hook happened. It can definitely be a sick sad world sometimes, I just hope I can show my kiddos that there is more good than evil. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    KirssKirss member
    edited October 2017
    elcd458  I will be in the room with DH making sure that the doctor dotted every I and crossed all the T's in that procedure! 

@MJDsquaredThe chances of a vasectomy spontaneously reversing itself are actually very rare.

Call me dumb! But I just watched a vasectomy on youtube... after I watched it, it totally make sense, but I totally thought that they cut by the abdomen, not in the testicles. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @MJDsquared @leilagphillips @Amber_Waves @elcd458 @Kirss I know someone who this (allegedly) happened to! I went to high school with this guy & his wife and my mom keeps in touch with his mom, so I get all the gossip. So the story was they had 4 kids already (in very quick succession) and supposedly he went and got a vasectomy... well wouldn't you know it, baby #5 is on the way. She doesn't work & the insurance is under his name, and my very first thought was "85% chance he chickened out and lied about getting it done."
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    MJDsquaredMJDsquared member
    edited October 2017
    That link wouldn't work, but I just feel like the words "grew back" shouldn't be used even if it's a spontaneous reversal. They just don't seem right to me. Lol.

ETA: My original post wasn't even to say that this isn't possible, it was literally just that starting a group for that is heinous and also the words "grew back" seemed dumb to me. Just so everyone knows and doesn't feel the need to try and educate me (either with facts or about their friend's brother's cousin's experience). Lol.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    Also, a lot of times it takes like 6-8 weeks for a vasectomy to actually take full effect. You're supposed to be using additional protection in that window (kind of like switching BC), but a lot of people forget that part and just get down to business.
  • Options
    My BIL got a vasectomy 10 years ago after he and my SIL had their 2 kids. He never went back for his second Appt and 7 years later...here's my niece #3!  Haha he was so pissed that he considered suing the doctor, but really, its his own fault. We all love her, but we were really surprised!  
    And no, my SIL definitely didn't cheat. The neice looks just like the BIL, and she's not that kind of person anyway. 

LV is so utterly heartbreaking, I can't even watch the news without crying. Omg. And then Tom Petty dies. I love him so much and just saw him last month in the best Tom Petty show I've ever seen.  Today is so sad. 
  • Options
    I hope this has t been asked already, but has anyone purchased a crib from Amazon? We have a discount there so financially it makes sense, but I’m struggling with not being able to see it and touch it to get a feel for quality. We are looking st two: a Delta and a Davinci. They get pretty good reviews, but I’m still nervous to click “purchase”. Anyone have any experience with these brands/Amazon cribs? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @cait5413 I am so sorry. That is so heart breaking. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kaylawing Not me personally, but my friends just had twins and got their cribs (and half their nursery) from amazon, and LOVED it. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kaylawing we had a Davinci as a back up crib at my parents. I can't remember if we got it off Amazon or Wayfair, but it was good quality and we never had any issues 
  • Options
    kaylawing said:
    I hope this has t been asked already, but has anyone purchased a crib from Amazon? We have a discount there so financially it makes sense, but I’m struggling with not being able to see it and touch it to get a feel for quality. We are looking st two: a Delta and a Davinci. They get pretty good reviews, but I’m still nervous to click “purchase”. Anyone have any experience with these brands/Amazon cribs? 
    We bought our daughter's DaVinci crib from Amazon and will probably buy the same one from this LO. We've been completely happy with it. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @kaylawing we got our cribs for the twins on Amazon--not the same ones you are talking about.  However, the quality has been great and we found no issues when putting them together.  
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    @kaylawing We just got the DaVinci Lila crib off Amazon. The box looked terrible when it arrived, but there was so much protective packaging inside there wasn't even a scratch. We bought it from actual Amazon, and not a third-party seller. The toddler conversion kit did come from a third-party seller, I think Wal-mart, and they sent us the wrong color.  
  • Options
    @kaylawing we have the davinci Jayden. Didn’t order from amazon but we really liked it. So much so, we bought a second one for this dd. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dkizz82 that’s the one we are looking at!  Thanks! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @kaylawing. Here it is in DD1’s room. We haven’t put the new one together yet. Oh and the sides are pretty high  she’s 26 months now and hasn’t ever even attempted to crawl over  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kaylawing  We got a DaVinci Jenny Lind from Wayfair.  We had actually originally ordered the same crib from Target but it arrived damaged, but Target doesn't keep them in stock in-store and wouldn't let us deliver to store instead of home (so we could make sure the replacement wasn't damaged before picking it up).  Thankfully the Wayfair one arrived just fine and is in great shape and good solid quality. I'd say as long as the Amazon supplier is DaVinci directly (like it was on Wayfair) you are probably fine!
  • Options
    @tamaraaaa That’s awesome! I’m jealous!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    And cue the dreams of going into labor and being totally unprepared. I had to remind myself I am only 30 weeks when I woke up because I was about to go pack myself a hospital bag...
  • Options
    @flowerpower5838 you really need to hit up a pelvic floor physical therapist lady! But thanks for the hilarious visual  :D
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @failuretofly Ha! I love your new public service announcement slogan!

Question- do you need a referral to go to one and, if so, does insurance cover the cost?