March 2018 Moms

Facebook Group?

Re: Facebook Group?

• @bb3vj3n I don't mind being one of the moderators/starting the PG BMB when the time comes. I'm a moderator of 2 other groups here anyway and not on FB anymore. But I agree we should wait to start it to weed out more crazies as others have said and ALSO to weed out ppl who are gonna stop posting here now that they are in a FB group. I think it would be a mistake to have a large amount of inactive members. If we're only gonna have so many regs there, they should be regs who are committed to being a part of the group. 

No hard feelings against any of you who are joining and plan to do that instead of hanging out here. I get that the format is not for everyone. I'm just getting a Ghostbuster's "let's not cross the streams" feeling as a general way of avoiding unnecessary drama and cross-talk. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sure thing, this is my 3rd FB group since 2011 and there has never been multiple groups unless there was an issue in the original group so I am just not understanding there would multiple groups. I just want to be clear we are not alienating anyone from joining now or later and it seems like that is kind of the direction this is going now... 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree completely with @vflux33 that I have absolutely no hard feelings about anyone joining the fb group now!
  • @pettycrocker I'm not planning to join any FB groups so kinda impartial here, but it sounds like not everyone is agreeing about the vetting process. You want totally open doors and maybe that works for you and for a lot of other people. But it's not gonna work for people who are more cautious. 
  • vflux33 said:
    @pettycrocker I'm not planning to join any FB groups so kinda impartial here, but it sounds like not everyone is agreeing about the vetting process. You want totally open doors and maybe that works for you and for a lot of other people. But it's not gonna work for people who are more cautious. 
    Well no, I wouldn't say "totally open doors" we are verifying that people are actually pregnant and due in March, but as far as people being lurkers or not on here, I'm not worried at this stage. We've already established we're all still pretty early in our pregnancies, there is plenty of time to get to know people as we go along at this time.  I suck at retaining screen names, so TBH I do not "know" anyone on this board right now,  I couldn't tell you if a person posted here 20x a day or just posted for the first time right now. I do not think that should mean we can't get to know each other on FB? 

But definitely go with whatever you all feel comfortable with, I think a lot of members were looking into making a group on here too, so there will be plenty of options for everyone. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pettycrocker both bmbs I’ve been on have had multiple Facebook groups created. Different friends, different preferences. No big deal
    That's cool, just a new thing for me.  Sounds good 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • At this point I have no idea if I'm considered a "reg" or not. I've been posting since pretty early on but I hate bump mobile so I don't post on every thread, every week. 

i might hold off on the fb group then if some of the OG ladies from early on are choosing not to yet. but I won't be joining a private bump group because that will be just as bad working on mobile for me. 
  • Late to join the FB debate, but just to put my two cents in I also hate the bump at and find it hard to keep up with but I would also much rather wait until 3rd tri or even after baby is born to join a FB group. So I will sit tight and wait for the next opportunity. 
  • I joined the FB group so that I could decide if it would be a good fit for me.  It seems early, but a lot of regs joined.  If there are too many randos for my comfort, I'm out.  So I'll be both places until I know what's right for me personally.

That said, I'm absolutely not cool with cross-talk like you're describing.  If I see it, I have no issue blowing that shit right outta the water.
    All of this. 
  • I also am a bit late to the discussion, but mobile bump is hard to read and sometimes I type replies and the message never gets displayed and don't know when people respond.  The format also makes me nervous to start threads because I try to follow the rules.  It's sad to see that the group seems to be splitting into two TB PG and FB group.  I am still a part of the FB group from my first pregnancy and the group has shrunk over time but it talks more beyond the lives of just our kids.  Is anyone staying in just this group?  
  • @mmom3 I think we're holding off on moving to a PG until at least third tri.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • I feel like this is a bit of "choose which clique you want to side with" and that makes me sad.  While I don't have a problem joining FB now (and I'd also remain active on TB), I don't want to be "excluded" if the group who voted to join FB later creates a different group. 
    This.  The FB group from my first child was by invitation only after the initial sign up since I was more cautious I waited and about 8 months after my 1st was born - I joined.    
  • bb3vj3n  if you look at the poll on the first page 24 people said yes, and the people that wanted to join sent us PMs, and didn't bother to comment. Also if you scroll through the comments the "overwhelming group" is actually the same people commenting back and forth. 

I'm speaking directly to comments about people not being allowed to participate in future groups if they are in this current group- That is EXTREMELY cliquey, and I want to make sure the people interested in joining any of the groups knows that none of the people actually in the current group made any kind of suggestions like that. 

What we have said over and over again was join or don't join. Everyone is welcome and will continue to be welcome to join the group.  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pettycrocker 24 is not a lot considering how many of us there are
    ... also your past about how to join went up within a few hours of the poll opening. I believe there are only 9 yes votes at the time. 

we aren't saying you can't join a future group - we are just saying you can't be in both. 

Also... it's hard for us who want to join a group later on to find our place in any established FB group. there will be nearly 5 months of bonding before some of us are ready to join. we would rather continue to get to know one another a little better and then have a group where those friendships can continue 
  • bb3vj3n  if you look at the poll on the first page 24 people said yes, and the people that wanted to join sent us PMs, and didn't bother to comment. Also if you scroll through the comments the "overwhelming group" is actually the same people commenting back and forth. 

I'm speaking directly to comments about people not being allowed to participate in future groups if they are in this current group- That is EXTREMELY cliquey, and I want to make sure the people interested in joining any of the groups knows that none of the people actually in the current group made any kind of suggestions like that. 

What we have said over and over again was join or don't join. Everyone is welcome and will continue to be welcome to join the group.  
    This is the part that concerns me and why it would be nice to have just one group.  If we have different FB groups, plus the original BMB, plus PGs on TB, that's going to really fragment our group and that's what feels "clique-y."

I don't have a problem with FB or PGs, but it's hard enough to keep up with everything on the BMB - let alone several different potential sub-groups.  I guess we'll see how everything plays out.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • bb3vj3n said:
    @pettycrocker 24 is not a lot considering how many of us there are
    ... also your past about how to join went up within a few hours of the poll opening. I believe there are only 9 yes votes at the time. 

we aren't saying you can't join a future group - we are just saying you can't be in both. 

Also... it's hard for us who want to join a group later on to find our place in any established FB group. there will be nearly 5 months of bonding before some of us are ready to join. we would rather continue to get to know one another a little better and then have a group where those friendships can continue 
    24 is the majority of people that voted. 

Saying you have to choose a group is extremely cliquey no matter how you spin it and we want to be clear that is not a rule in our group. 

Everyone is still welcome to choose whatever group (or no group) is best for them. We will continue to welcome new members now and later, whether we are well established or not. I would hope it would be the same in all the groups, but you all can set it up however you feel comfortable. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it should’ve been is several are still opposed and can give logical reasons (internet safety) we should, as a whole, wait and become a Facebook group TOGETHER post delivery. That way we learn about one another and grow together. As I mentioned before, I joined my daughter’s FB group after everyone else and for a couple months there it WAS a little awkward for me (and I’m sure them) posting, joining in on their baby day posts, etc. So to say we are all welcome whenever is very kind, but it is quite inevitable that there will be some uncomfortable members of said group, therefore, I can already see another group forming and I understand and agree and would likely join the later group. My current group with DD had this happen. 
    @pettycrocker this is exactly what I was trying to articulate.  thanks @chasingroygbiv
  • I wasn't trying to turn this into an argument by mentioning the "clique" thing.  I'm sorry if my comment came across that way.  I just felt a little sad at the idea that if I joined now, I might be excluded from participating in a different group later.  I understand everyone's varying opinions and agree that this probably should have waited and been done later.  I'll just keep myself parked here for now...no biggie, I guess.
  • antoto said:
    I wasn't trying to turn this into an argument by mentioning the "clique" thing.  I'm sorry if my comment came across that way.  I just felt a little sad at the idea that if I joined now, I might be excluded from participating in a different group later.  I understand everyone's varying opinions and agree that this probably should have waited and been done later.  I'll just keep myself parked here for now...no biggie, I guess.
    Let's just take it as it comes.  Who knows what this group will even look like in another 4-6 months!
    Agreed!
  • I do t know how you guys have your security settings on Facebook but they sound pretty lax.  You should have it set that only friends can see your information and pictures including your profile/cover pic. That way less worry of stranger danger.  

Baby #1: BFP on 10/12/2011, EDD 6/24/2012 Born: 6/16/2012 Boy!

Baby #2: BFP on 11/11/2016, EDD 7/25/2017 - MC 1/2/2017

• syssa-osyssa-o member
    edited September 2017
    @cowboycorgi thanks for the tip on the randoms board 

edit - spelling 
  • @syssa-o if you have a topic that you want to discuss (that doesn’t apply only to you) feel free to post a new thread! We’ve had some fun topics come up from that. What is frowned upon is AW threads that only apply to the poster and no one else can really contribute to.
  • Also, I’m genuinely curious how big this Facebook group will get? I like a smaller knit group when all is said and done. DD’s is right around the 40 mark.