February 2018 Moms

FFFC* 9.15

2»

Re: FFFC* 9.15

• @SarahFoley725 I understand how you feel. I'm not excited to do all the baby stuff because it doesn't feel real yet. I'm with @ash0625, I wish I could feel him to really know he's in there, because now besides some crappy symptoms here and there, I just feel fat. And February feels soooo far away. But that's ok.

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @SarahFoley725 I didn't feel super bonded with DS1 during my pregnancy either, but I promise you, once he's here and you get to know him, that will all change! I now feel like he is my best buddy in the world.  There's nothing like the relationship between a little boy and his mama! I had a little bit of disappointment to find out LO is another boy, too -- but knowing how much I treasure DS1 is making it easier to bond with this one this pregnancy.  There is nothing at all wrong with you for how you're feeling (and it's compounded by hormones, I'm sure) -- but don't beat yourself up on top of already feeling down.  Your feelings are totally valid.
  • Loading the player...
  • babybro218babybro218 member
    edited September 2017
    @seitzy3 and @eggplantface I can no longer distinguish between meals. I just eat all day. I totally stress about the weight gain. I used to work out daily. Now I'm lucky if I get to the gym once a week.

ETA: I don't know why this posted twice. Mobile bumping...
  • @SarahFoley725 and @chucksmom15 DS1 was/is the skinniest baby! We've fought tooth and nail to keep him even on the growth chart, so rolls have always been a pipe dream for us... needless to say we don't have high expectations for DS2 either.  I'm always jealous when I hear people compliment other babies' rolls! :)
  • Damn. I have another. I alternate which McDonald's I go to in the morning. So that the people don't judge me getting a breakfast bagel 3-4 times a week. 
    Haha! I'm glad I only work 3 days a week now because I'm pretty sure the lady in the McDonald's drive thru next to my work was starting to recognize me. 
    They def know me at chick fil a. Oh well! 

Confession: if you post more than a few sentences I probably skip your post...unless it's quoted and juicy. 
  • @psm2462 everyone tells me that little boys love their mamas the most! I want to believe it so badly haha DD ditches me for her dad in a heartbeat. She plays independently all day and only needs me for food and diapers. The second DH gets home it's dada play!!! My nephew wanted nothing to do with him mom his order of people he wanted was my dad, my mom, his dad, me, my husband, and then his mom. Then again, the rest of us basically raised him. I have to remind myself that my son won't hate me because I'll actually care for him. 
  • @SarahFoley725 - I totally get it. I have similar feelings. I'm sure as the pregnancy progresses those feelings will adjust/change.

My appt. is in an hour and I'm hoping I haven't gained anything (not uncommon for those that started out extra fluffy). I had already gained 15 lbs at this point with #5. Last thing I want is a damn lecture. I was still under pre-preg late last week. I'm usually extra good the days leading up to an appt. and then indulge in a treat shortly after. I've been craving acai bowl since last week.

For those who like ice cream without the guilt, Halo Top is pretty delicious with a good amount of protein and low in sugar (uses stevia and sugar alcohols, mainly). 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• I totally get the gender disappointment because I am so set on this LO being a boy that if it's a girl, it will be hard to get over the disappointment. Maybe if this wasn't the last one & DH feeling under pressure as the only remaining male of his generation on his dad's side left to have a boy to "carry on the family name".  Also I don't want DD to feel like she has to compete with his "real daughter" for attention & affection since she's his step. Maybe I'm just projecting too much here but I get super emotional worrying about it and afraid that I won't bond if it's a girl.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• In regards to the pregnancy weight gain. I just don't look at the number. I turn around when weighed and they don't tell me. It makes it so much less stressful. 
    I'm obsessive about knowing my weight, but not about it being a certain number. I think it's part of my OCD tendencies. I even do it post-partum like the day I give birth I still have to weigh myself. The nurses always try to talk me out of it and don't believe me that I just need to know and won't be sad. Never have been overweight or underweight.
  • @MrsJ2410 Stouffer's mac is my number 1 comfort food in the world and now I need it. 
  • This one might be flamable. I am terrified of gaining weight with this pregnancy. I was at my highest weight when I got pregnant and just hit the overweight category for BMI. I am scared for those numbers to go up. So far I have only gained 1 lb. I know I should be gaining more. I am eating and I am eating fairly healthy (more so than I normally do), but I really do not want to see the scale go up any more. I should just not look, but I can't do that. 
  • lainikins said:
    This one might be flamable. I am terrified of gaining weight with this pregnancy. I was at my highest weight when I got pregnant and just hit the overweight category for BMI. I am scared for those numbers to go up. So far I have only gained 1 lb. I know I should be gaining more. I am eating and I am eating fairly healthy (more so than I normally do), but I really do not want to see the scale go up any more. I should just not look, but I can't do that. 
    Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. Highest weight of my life when I got pregnant, more in the obese category than overweight, was told to keep it to 15lb gain if I can help it. I hop on the scale every morning. Ive gained 2 lbs but want to take those 2 off so i can gain more during the 3rd tri than the 2nd. Im concerned for my joints and my back especially when sporting the 3rd tri bump.
  • lainikins said:
    This one might be flamable. I am terrified of gaining weight with this pregnancy. I was at my highest weight when I got pregnant and just hit the overweight category for BMI. I am scared for those numbers to go up. So far I have only gained 1 lb. I know I should be gaining more. I am eating and I am eating fairly healthy (more so than I normally do), but I really do not want to see the scale go up any more. I should just not look, but I can't do that. 
    I lost 30lbs with DS1. They just monitored his growth and it was fine. The baby gets what it needs first. If you are overweight it's perfectly fine to lose or not gain weight 
  • I was at my highest weight when I got pregnant with DS and gained like 30 lbs during pregnancy. I lost all of it within 2 months and continued losing just by breastfeeding (and because I think a lot of pregnancy weight gain can be water weight towards the end). I know it depends on your body and all sorts of factors so I know it's different for everyone, but I feel like a lot of women I know have had a similar experience losing quite a bit of the weight in the first couple months PP. I just tried not to worry too much about the weight during my pregnancy and just did the best I could. I definitely didn't enjoy getting on the scale towards the end, but the reward is pretty great so I tried to accept the extra fluff and stretch marks!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • I flew back to my Mom's house a couple of weeks ago and am so glad because I'm not as stressed plus now I have a job where I set the hours. On the other hand now not only are my husband and I not fighting he just flat out doesn't want to talk to me. I'm now considering staying here to have the baby instead of flying back.
  • @gymmonkey95 did I miss the back story? 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• @Aeml1985 no. I guess I should probably explain more. We have had a rough marriage since he got back from deployment but it got worse once I got out. We were constantly fighting to the point of he went and stayed at a friends house for a couple of weeks and it was stressing me out so much that we both thought me coming back would be a good thing. Turns out it might not have been because he's so mad at me for so many little things and me not cleaning the day I left set him over the edge. At this point I'm trying to do what's best for our daughter but I also am completely lost on whether it's worth it to go back since we are in Hawaii. Hopefully that clears some things up!
  • @Aeml1985 no. I guess I should probably explain more. We have had a rough marriage since he got back from deployment but it got worse once I got out. We were constantly fighting to the point of he went and stayed at a friends house for a couple of weeks and it was stressing me out so much that we both thought me coming back would be a good thing. Turns out it might not have been because he's so mad at me for so many little things and me not cleaning the day I left set him over the edge. At this point I'm trying to do what's best for our daughter but I also am completely lost on whether it's worth it to go back since we are in Hawaii. Hopefully that clears some things up!
    Oh no! I'm glad you are less stressed! I've heard that deployment can be hard on a couple and the individual that's deployed.  If you just got out that is a huge change as well. Have you tried counseling together? Is he willing to go to counseling alone?  With like 5 months of pregnancy left,  if you stay to deliver at your mom's,  did you think you will ever go back?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @gymmonkey95 Yikes, that's rough. I second the counseling suggestion. A third-party objective view can help a lot and get the lines of communication open.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @gymmonkey95 I +1 the counseling suggestion, but together and separately. We had a pretty awful time when my husband came back from deployment and even after he was out of the army. Counseling saved us both and our marriage. At the same time, stay where you are safest, both mentally and physically. 
  • By the time he agreed to counseling it was two weeks before I left. It came down to saying we go to counseling or get divorced. I had been asking for months about counseling. Now that I've adjusted to the time change and my work schedule I'm going to start going by myself.

@mamaof5already that's where I'm lost because everything is at the house plus he wasn't there when our daughter was born because of the deployment. I mean I love my mom but most of my friends that would be supportive are in Hawaii as well. I also don't want to feel like I'm mooching! It's a really tough call either way. I have the anatomy scan next week so I'm going to tell him and try to open up the line of communication. I know he's going to get mad either way just cause he doesn't want to talk.
  • @jessilee15 we actually didn't have problems when he deployed. It was once he came back, had a newborn, and two months later I got out.  
  • (On the same letter conversation)

my entire family have names that start with the same letter. My husband has the same letter. 
    We agreed we won't use that letter at all and won't duplicate. So DD1 starts with a B and DD2 starts with an A, so LO3 won't have any of those.