Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So cute  <3
  • Options
    @egirl1025 omg so stinkin cute. I would have let him too

@maueraa07 good for you! And you're right it is hard
  • Options
    I really want to go to Costco just to get a big bag of MnMs and eat all of them. 

STUCK IN BOX!!

DH and I have been staring at those bags the last few times at Costco and last time I almost caved!!  Now I most definitely will.  Bring me all the candy and ice cream to boot!  I have the worst eating habits right now.
  • Options
    egirl1025 said:
    I really want to go to Costco just to get a big bag of MnMs and eat all of them. 

STUCK IN BOX!!

DH and I have been staring at those bags the last few times at Costco and last time I almost caved!!  Now I most definitely will.  Bring me all the candy and ice cream to boot!  I have the worst eating habits right now.
    Lol! My DH would definitely give me the side eye if I brought those home. He doesn't ever understand my sweet tooth. 
  • Options
    @caeilievalor Nooooooooooooooooooooooo never back to front!!!! lol I actually feel like im having problems front to back and it would be easier the other way around. ugh pregnancy is hot lol

Also, I really dont have any feeling in my nipples, but I can see that if  I did how I might think that would be weird. Im sure it wont be though :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Gays who try to push things down your throat. 

(Edited to add: I do agreed with @missblaze that it's... not a very good way to phrase that in general. Outside of the giggling I got from the phrasing, I don't know that I've ever met a gay person who tried to convert me to their way of life.)

Also, I think age of breastfeeding and breastfeeding promotion tactics (many of which are emotionally manipulative and based on shaky af science) are two entirely different topics. Like, my son was almost three when he weaned on his own. I would have liked it sooner, personally, but he was where we was. 

I think every family needs to individually decide what infant feeding will look like for them and what best meets the needs of both the parents and the child. 
  • Options
    livingoffpbjslivingoffpbjs member
    edited September 2017
    @missblaze I didnt mean it literally lol. I meant with anything. Thats why I also said " Gays who try to push things down your throat, Christians or other religions", they were just examples. Im sure theres a way I could word it better but I didnt mean just gays in that sense. Any type of lifestyle that is pushed down someones throat. And i wont get into it but if you knew my lifestyle you would know I dont mean anything badly about gays or anyone's sexual orientation ;P 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think breastfeeding at all is weird. I'm totally going to do it and don't feel judgy about it, but I personally have gotten a lot of sexual pleasure from my breasts over the years and now having another human regularly sucking on them is definitely something I'm going to have to get used to. 

I was worried about that as well, when my son was born -- and it honestly doesn't really tend to overlap too much. Once in a while there was a funny sensation if he hit a spot (and I do know that some women have more trouble with it than others), but generally the two sensations were rather different. 

That said, I did come out of breastfeeding with less sensitive nipples. That's been a bummer. 

(I swear, I am actually sorry for the rapid succession of posts. I read, comment, then keep reading. >_>;)
  • Options
    gusgus14gusgus14 member
    edited September 2017
    @missblaze yeah that part really threw me but I wanted to chime in on the BF discussion so I ignored it. On another day I probably would have addressed it but I posted right before leaving to run a bunch of errands and didn't want to be away if I needed to argue so I'm glad you called it out
  • Options
    @gusgus14 Yeah, I had to. I'm totally down with confessing that statements like that really piss me off. (Doesn't make me dislike you as a person, @livingoffpbjs. I just can't stand that POV.)

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    I have a lot of thoughts on this stuff (and there was a LOT going on in that post! Love.)

1) Living in Europe made me so much more open about my body. I think our socialization is more powerful than we can even begin to understand. I thought I'd be uncomfortable being nude, breastfeeding, etc. when I was younger and looking into the future but I totally understand that for me, NOW, (I hope) I won't be afraid to breastfeed wherever convenient. I'll feel shy around my mom and dad, but more out of their discomfort than anything else. When it comes to strangers, I just lost all energy for personally caring after living abroad, though I do still see myself wanting to limit others' discomfort. I've heard a lot of women say they went through this change after giving birth, too (the "IDGAF" attitude after witnessing how amazing our bodies are). 

2) Penises also have sexual and non-sexual functions, and nobody seems to have trouble confusing those --> why is it so hard for us and what does that say about how women are perceived/valued? 

3) I also don't like when people push lifestyles on me/others bc I think it's completely ineffective. But, I have to admit that I'm pretty verbal when people are openly racist or discriminatory. I admit it - I'm close-minded towards people who choose to be ignorant. I think it's one thing if someone was never exposed to open-minded ways of thinking and is willing to learn, but I have a really hard time being around people who are downright discriminatory. I don't necessarily try to push my ways of thinking in those cases because I know I may not be impactful, but I won't stay silent. To be fair,  I think that is a form of pushing my beliefs on people. That said, I also pick and choose my battles. 

4) I think there are some things we don't "know" until we have kids, and some things we do. I 100% know that I will not continue BFing once my child has teeth. I'm personally not excited to BF but I want to try my best, like many of you - maybe I'll love it. That said, my top parenting value (at this time) is that the best outcomes for me and LO will be related to limiting the primary caregiver's stress/anxiety - so if I'm more stressed BFing, I'll stop. If I'm more stressed by giving up, I'll keep going. I don't want to pressure myself in any way, shape, or form, because I want to feel "good enough" and competent as much as possible so I can limit transmitting my anxious tendencies to my LO. 

Live and let live.
  • Options
    My thoughts on the Bf part of the discussion-I did bf DS until I had to quit at 1 year (I needed antibiotics for an illness). I also did the public thing more as DS got older and I stopped giving a shit. Having a baby took a lot of my modesty away. Just because I got comfortable with bf in public, does not mean that everyone else is comfortable with it, which was probably the only thing that kept me from feeling totally free about it. I always worried in the back of my mind that someone would shame me for it. Have your comebacks ready ladies if you plan to whip it out wherever/whenever. My interaction with the public while breastfeeding was mostly positive and sometimes a little weird. Some situations though, duty calls and mama instinct says baby basic needs are greater than someone else's opinion. 
    I have a hard time with the older kids nursing as well and my opinion is based on teeth. DS started biting around when we quit. I wanted to nurse longer but didn't know if I could go on with the random times he would bite for fun. I would like to have gone until DS was 2 though.

• Options
    To me a full set of chompers means that you are ready for "big kid" food and no longer need breast milk. It's how animals of all sorts wean their offspring. They bite, mom stops staying still for feeding time.
    I think extended breastfeeding is more for comfort sake (both mom and child) than nourishment. 

To the "pushing a lifestyle" comment...I get annoyed when people focus solely on one aspect of who they are, no matter what it is (unless you are an animal lover, then gimmie ALL the animal pics!) I have friends that post Praise Jesus/Amen/he is risen/stuff and also people who post This is the Gay pride parade I went to/ gay support bracelet I bought/ article on homosexuality in nature article I read..EVERY SINGLE DAY...MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY.... can you please tell me your favorite color, or what you ate for lunch? Just something else about you than what you talk about non-stop? 
  • Options
    Dani0329 said:
    As for the lifestyle, I just prefer a people first language. I would never say an autistic child, aphasic patient, gay person, vegan person, etc. Instead, I say a child with autism, a patient with a aphasia, my friend that is gay, my friend who is a vegan, etc. I think this promotes understanding that this is just one part of a much bigger person. I know everyone does not feel the same.
    This is how I feel. As a yankee now living in the south I *constantly* find myself asking my husband "Why does it matter that it was a black guy???" I mean unless your descriptor of a person is highly pertinent to the conversation, why use it? If you're telling me about how your neighbor is a jerk because they let their dog go to the bathroom on your lawn, why do I need to know that they live with autism/that they're gay/that they're Asian?
    January 2018 Board September Siggy Challenge: Fall

BabyFruit Ticker