May 2018 Moms
Options

When to announce the pregnancy?

Re: When to announce the pregnancy?

• Options
    @ccvslp yikes! Someone's hungry? Def pregnant. Let me know how the wedding goes, I may be looking for tips for next weekend!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee @ccvslp thanks ladies!! It's a bit tricky because there is a party bus tomorrow night and you're supposed to bring your own drinks. I'll figure something out! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    @ccvslp I'm also making something tomorrow
    night to look like wine since we are having a bunch of people over for dinner  :D
  • Options
    char245 said:
    night to look like wine since we are having a bunch of people over for dinner  :D
    Non-alcoholic sangria? Is that a thing? I don't drink so...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee that could actually be a delicious mocktail!
  • Options
    ivyvines6 said:
    char245 said:
     I think that's just juice 
    With fruit.
    https://myrecipemagic.com/recipe/recipedetail/easy-virgin-sangria 

eva green eyebrow raise oh really you dont say GIF

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    ivyvines6 said:
    char245 said:
     I think that's just juice 
    With fruit.
    https://myrecipemagic.com/recipe/recipedetail/easy-virgin-sangria 

eva green eyebrow raise oh really you dont say GIF
    ( I don't drink either) 
  • Options
    We have told our mothers who are sooooo ecstatic!!!!  We probably will tell close friends after 1st ultrasound and then everyone else at 13 weeks depending on my waistline.  Note to self: find an OBGYN so you can have an ultrasound!!! Ugh. 
    fail halloween fall costume minions GIF
  • Options
    We told my MIL, my sisters, my mom, and my dad. One of my co-workers figured it out. I told my supervisor b/c I had to have appointments 2 mornings in a row and he was covering my cases for me. I had a miscarriage a few years ago, and for me, it was better having the support of my immediate family. My BIL is getting married right around when I would usually announce to extended family. We will wait a few weeks after that so we don't steal their thunder. My SIL will probably figure it out before that though b/c she knows we were thinking about it and I won't be drinking during all the pre-wedding/wedding festivities. 
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14
    BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
    BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

• Options
    I got called out by my cousin today and was so caught off guard I couldn't even lie.  Better get yo telling my mom before word gets around...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ccvslp exactly!  Have no clue how she knew and why she asked. I haven't seen her in about a month and a half. Other than she knew we were about to try and she just told me today she's 8 weeks along. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have told some of our very close friends/coworkers. I had to leave work early one day before a staff meeting to do blood work when I was having early bleeding, so I ended up telling my principal earlier than planned, as well as the other three teachers in my grade. We plan on telling family after our first appointment at 8.5 weeks once we know for sure that everything looks good. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't tell anyone (besides husband obvs) till five months last time! I am super introverted and hate attention, which my in-laws are quite heavy-handed with. I want to wait as long as possible this time but I think hubby won't be patient for long... Probably around Thanksgiving I'm guessing.
  • Options
    I don't even know how I'm going to tell my family. I'm only going to tell close friends for now. Having been through loss alone, I want a support system but last time having my family know only made it worse. They want me to be married, obviously, which would be ideal, but I'm not and they can't get over it. My boyfriends dad asked me today if I was and I told him no but I don't know that he believed me. My best friend just texted me that she's back in Indiana from 8 days in Jamaica and I can't wait to tell her tomorrow! I'm bursting at the seams to tell someone other than my boyfriend but I don't want to make a big, public announcement for a long, long time. 
  • Options
    @ccvslp @rachelg777 @sparkymcgeee @BertieMeetsGertie I could be wrong, but isn't tonic water dangerous during pregnancy?  I know it's great for leg cramps but I feel like it's always a no go because of the quinine in it. I would go the club soda route instead of tonic, or say you wanted to try something different and get a (virgin) super fruity thing (if you don't normally drink them anyway)
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ladystinson thanks for the heads up! I had no idea. 
  • Options
    @rachelg777 no problem! I don't think it all has it, like I'm sure there is some brand that doesn't but especially at an open bar who knows what kind you'll get. I had a friend that was pregnant the same time as I was with my son and she had terrible leg cramps which I remembered my old roommate using tonic water for. We looked online and sure enough it said to avoid quinine. For those that already did, I don't think a one time deal will hurt :)
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

• Options
    @ladystinson yes Dr. google says quinine is category C.  :s
  • Options
    @ladystinson thanks for the heads up! I ended up just drinking water.  :D
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    @ccvslp that my go to! Vodka soda hold the vodka
  • Options
    We both chose 2 people to tell and then we told our life group from church. We went through  a miscarriage in April of this year, and it was tough. When we first found out about it, we had to tell everyone....made it public on FB. This time around we are waiting until the "safe zone" of 12 weeks to announce. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow so another 7 weeks will be extremely tough. Good luck with the announcement! We did a video on FB which was a lot of fun!
  • Options
    We told my parents on Friday and then his best friend and my sister Friday night, his parents Saturday, my grandmother and aunt yesterday, 2 coworkers that we're really close to today (we all work in the same office) and his grandparents I think will be this evening. Waiting to make fully public until 12 weeks just because of my history. We have our support system in case, but I don't want to have to explain myself to the world
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11

• Options
    BIL is being gross. DH told him that I'm pregnant and he said "good f***in' job, man." 
  • Options

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    We told my mom and brother mostly because we had been discussing going in on a multi family house together and this would possibly change what we're looking for. Other than that we will probably tell the world after my first appointment on the 25th.  

First St calls to family and close friends and then a pics of the two kiddos in their I'm going to be a big brother/big sister shirts.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 32
    DH: 36
    Married: 10/29/2011
    Baby T: 2/24/2013
    Baby H: 5/12/2016
  • Options
    mrsbacz said:
    My parents and siblings know, we'll tell some additional close friends after our first appointment and ultrasound.

I plan on wearing this to work on Halloween to announce there. 

I wore that costume for halloween when I was pregnant with my first.  My husband was a skeleton too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm trying to wait a long time before terming work. Like, December. I work with lots of men in tech and last time I thought it was so obvious since I was visible from space, but no one really noticed. That said, the3women here will privacy realize so we'll see.

I have told one person who is a confidant and doesn't know anyone else I know. None of our parents can keep a secret so e won't tell them until we want the whole world to know. 

It's really hard not to tell the kids, but it's way too long for them to wait and they have no concept of keeping things to themselves.

It feels very lonely not to be to talk about it. I really want to do the genetic testing first though. I also feel like a lot of people will be annoying about it since DD1 is so tough and I feel so old. (That might end up being how I end every post.) I might just be projecting my anxiety though. It jyst feels private right now.

• Options
    My SIL offered me wine last night and I said no. She told my MIL she thought I was pregnant b/c I never say no to wine.
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14
    BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
    BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

• Options
    My SIL offered me wine last night and I said no. She told my MIL she thought I was pregnant b/c I never say no to wine.
    Ugh this drives me insane! If people decline wine, even if you think they are pregnant keep your comments to your damn self! This is why people at my work pretend to drink when pregnant-The second you turn down a drink at any event, the whole office *knows* you're pregnant
    I don't understand this. I like never drink. Is that really so strange? Really? I've never been questioned about it.
  • Options
    With all of my pregnancies we do the weekly picture of the bump. Last time my son who was 2 when I found out I was pregnant would take the pics with me and show off his belly. We haven't told him yet about thrice, but today marked week 6 so my hubs took my pic and my son seemed very suspicious... he's 4.5 now
    Pregnancy Ticker