May 2018 Moms

FTM Questions

13»

Re: FTM Questions

• Poppy0419 said:
    I was more scared of puking during labor than pooping. I had a feeling I was going to go into labor the day I did so I ate super light that day. 
    I did do that with my first

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • @sparkymcgeee  I will say that I ate everything in sight for 2 days after because I was SO HUNGRY. It was a blessing and a curse I guess. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Poppy0419 said:
    @sparkymcgeee  I will say that I ate everything in sight for 2 days after because I was SO HUNGRY. It was a blessing and a curse I guess. 
    I didn't have anything in me by the time I puked. I had been at the hospital for about 18 hours by then.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • They starved me to death during labor. I was begging everyone for food and I didn't talk to my SO or my mom for hours after birth because they wouldn't feed me "in case I needed a cesarean." 
  • I remember that the ham sandwich from the hospital tasted like a 5 star meal by the time they fed me. And I was in labor less than 12 hours. So like idk how y'all didn't lose it. 
  • The hospital let me have slushies so that was awesome. With my son though I had him just after 1am and I could have eaten but no. Honestly though I wasn't hungry with him. I went to the hospital at like 9 that night so I had eaten dinner already. 

Meimsx no more
  • C-sections aren't any better. I couldn't eat from midnight until after recovery (so around 2 pm). Then they had the audacity to put me on a liquid only diet!  (Until passing a BM). I was about to hurt someone. they finally changed it to soft foods by dinnertime. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I pooped and puked. And was in labor for 21 hours with no food so I don't know how either of those was possible.
  • My second, Dh kept shoving food down my throat because the first time I had a super long labor and part of my problem was being weak from not eating.  Of course number two was a nice fast labor, hahaha
    November Siggy Challenge

• C-sections aren't any better. I couldn't eat from midnight until after recovery (so around 2 pm). Then they had the audacity to put me on a liquid only diet!  (Until passing a BM). I was about to hurt someone. they finally changed it to soft foods by dinnertime. 
    Agreed! I was so hungry and thirsty by time I was allowed to have a cup of ice chips that I downed half of it against the nurses advice and puked for the fourth time post c-section. With my second I ended up almost 24 hours with no food.
  • I actually didn't poop. Either time. I specifically asked my dh and he said no. I didn't care. Just wanted to know. I have a feeling I'll poop this time though.
    I haven't read thru this whole thread so maybe someone else quoted this.... if so oops.  

What gives you you the feeling you will poop this time?!  That cracked me up!!  
    fail halloween fall costume minions GIF
  • zaclina said:
    I actually didn't poop. Either time. I specifically asked my dh and he said no. I didn't care. Just wanted to know. I have a feeling I'll poop this time though.
    I haven't read thru this whole thread so maybe someone else quoted this.... if so oops.  

What gives you you the feeling you will poop this time?!  That cracked me up!!  
    I don't know. Law of averages? Lol. It maybe had to do with feeling the need to poop when I wrote it.

Meimsx no more
  • I pooped with my first but not with my second. Probably because my last meal before the first was KFC :( and with the second I had diarrhea the entire day prior to labor, so I was pretty empty.

I had a great experience with food though! Both times I delivered with Midwives at a stand alone birth center. Thier policy is to encourage eating as late into the labor as your interested (I remember sitting on the bed at one point staring at a granola bar, them telling me to try and eat it and me feeling like there was no way I manage that much chewing, lol). And also, they have everyone bring along a meal to store in their fridge and warm up as soon as baby is out / everyone is confirmed stable. 
  • I puked a few hours in at the hospital. Then I felt like I was on the verge of puking for another ten hours until baby was out. I held an empty barf bag for ten hours. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ivyvines6 said:
    They starved me to death during labor. I was begging everyone for food and I didn't talk to my SO or my mom for hours after birth because they wouldn't feed me "in case I needed a cesarean." 

I got induced with my second and I told my husband if labor didn't pick up, I was eating because screw you, I do what I want. He looked scared. But contractions picked up so I followed the rules. 
  • I was in labor for 17 hours before they took me for a csection.  I was starving.  My doctor told me I could eat after my section.  After he was no where to be found and the nurse wouldn't let me eat until lunch time the next day after they took my catheter out.  WTF?  She kept bringing me cranberry juice and acting like it was a big treat.
    Jenna
    Mama to a crazy toddler (J-5/28/15)
    EDD 5-3-18

• I definitely pooped with my second.  A lot.  I have no idea with my first, my epi was turned way up and I couldn't feel anything at all.
    November Siggy Challenge