Baby Names
Options

Juniper or Calla?

We won't find out the gender of our little one for another week, but my man and I are having a really difficult time agreeing on girl's names. We're both planners and want to have the name locked down ASAP. For a son we will go with Landon Kai, but for a daughter we're at a loss. We both like the name June, but aren't 100% sold on it as our little one's first name. Calla June was our initial choice, but I'm starting to question it. Recently he suggested Juniper as a first name, and for whatever reason I kind of dig it! She can always go by June as a nick name. Possibly Juniper Belle or Juniper Marie (my mom's first name). Feedback is appreciated!  :)

Re: Juniper or Calla?

• Options
    bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited September 2017
    I actually like both Calla and Juniper. I'm a bit tired of June but Juniper is a bit more fresh. My only hold up with Calla is the similar trendy names of Kalee, Kaylee, etc , so I give the edge to Juniper

another similar name I tried to sell my H on was Dahlia

• Options
    I like Calla. Juniper is NMS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    I actually like both Calla and Juniper. I'm a bit tired of June but Juniper is a bit more fresh. My only hold up with Calla is the similar trendy names of Kalee, Kaylee, etc , so I give the edge to Juniper

another similar name I tried to sell my H on was Dahlia
    Thank you! I agree about Calla; every time I mention it to people they come back with a reference to Callie (Kalee, Cali), which is not what we're going for. We like that Calla is an older name and not so trendy. 
  • Options
    Juniper - no

Calla - ok
  • Options
    I like them both but prefer Calla June.  Juniper Belle is precious though - tough choice!
  • Options
    Calla June
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I'm digging Juniper. It's cute/different and you can call her June.

Something about Calla isn't sitting well with me. I initially thought it was cute, but don't like it when you add an 's to it. Calla's sounds like Callus to me (as in a callus on a foot or finger).
  • Options
    Love Calla, not a fan of Juniper 
  • Options
    I prefer Juniper. Calla never sounds right to me.
  • Options
    Juniper is nms but I like it more than Calla and I like that it can be shortened to June. Something about Calla just isn't appealing to me.
  • Options
    Juniper is nms but I like it more than Calla and I like that it can be shortened to June. Something about Calla just isn't appealing to me.
    Ditto to all this.  
  • Options
    I much prefer Calls.  Something about Juniper doesn't work for me, but I don't know what.  That being said, Juniper Belle is absolutely adorable.  

• Options
    Calla.

Juniper bushes smell like cat pee. Not an appealing plant name IMO.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Juniper. Hands down. Although like cat pee smelling Juniper bushes isn't the best association :lol: Love pps suggestion of Dahlia. I'll add Magnolia and Marigold.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers